Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

Movies with religious themes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies with religious themes.

Have you ever watched any?

I've watched several films with this theme, but one that prestigefully caught my attention yesterday was "Miracles from Heaven" (with Jennifer Garner in the leading role).

The story revolves around a family struggling against a health problem of one of the 3 daughters. Many trials are put on the family during the movie, but God is omnipresent in a way that they (and no one else) could imagine.

It's an amazing movie and I definitely recommend it to all those who haven't yet watched it. The film is a beautiful lesson of faith and life.

I have not seen Miracles from Heaven, so I'll have to check it out. Thanks :)

I thought War Room was excellent :) I was also very impressed with the newest documentary style movie I found called, C.H. Spurgeon, the People's Preacher. It's both well done and well acted, as well historically accurate and filmed on location. I actually learned something new about one of my favorite Bible verses, especially how to share the truth of it with others, and several other things about the Bible and the Christian faith (as many of his quotes are used throughout the movie). And if you don't know of Spurgeon, he did have quite the amazing life in Christ, and as a preacher, preaching to 6,000 at a time in his church in England (beginning at 19 yrs old), without any form of sound system support (but everyone could apparently hear him).

It's available in Blu Ray or for free as a Amazon Prime streaming movie right now.
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
      I have not seen Miracles from Heaven, so I'll have to check it out. Thanks :)

I thought War Room was excellent :) I was also very impressed with the newest documentary style movie I found called, C.H. Spurgeon, the People's Preacher. It's both well done and well acted, as well historically accurate and filmed on location. I actually learned something new about one of my favorite Bible verses, especially how to share the truth of it with others, and several other things about the Bible and the Christian faith (as many of his quotes are used throughout the movie). And if you don't know of Spurgeon, he did have quite the amazing life in Christ, and as a preacher, preaching to 6,000 at a time in his church in England (beginning at 19 yrs old), without any form of sound system support (but everyone could apparently hear him).

It's available in Blu Ray or for free as a Amazon Prime streaming movie right now.
      You're welcome. I'll check your tips too.

I remember seeing the trailer for "War Room" and it looks really cool (mainly by the way they deal with the subject).

I love to watch movies with those themes because they are always very inspiring and touching.

The world needs it very much: emotion and inspiration. :)
      Comment>

I've seen a few. The Encounter was an interesting one, although it ran into the problem that no one can be sure what Jesus would say aside from the Bible, so they had to extrapolate and not everyone will agree with the words they have him say.

One that really stood out, and please don't laugh, wasn't specifically a religious film, but Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame really caught my attention. The song Hellfire where Frollo is simply too proud to admit he could be flawed ("I know I'm so much purer than, the common weak licentious man") and falls into sin as a result is something that has stayed with me.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap