Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

Judge not, that you be not judged.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge not, that you be not judged.

Judge not, that you be not judged.

Has anyone ever quoted this when you spoke out against something that was morally wrong? I have met people who know this verse but are apparently unaware of anything else the Bible teaches. I recently read a post on a blog called altruisco that gives what I believe is a very good explanation of what the verse really means.

What does the Bible mean that we are not to judge others?” | altruistico
    Clyde Herrin's Blog

Click image for larger version

Name:	Do not Judge.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	21957
    Comment>

Well I always heard it as "judge not, lest ye be judged" but I am pretty sure they are the same thing. I always took it mean what I think everyone did, as a way of avoiding judgement towards others and writing off an evil deed. Interesting article, but I must admit it went a little bit over my head and I had to adjust the eyes once or twice. That said, though, when he brought up the notion of "right judgement" it started to make a little more sense. Interesting take on it, and thanks for sharing.
      Comment>

If i went in front of a judge and he told me i was wrong for what i was doing but didnt give a penalty he wouldnt be judgi g, would he? A judge says because you did this, this will happen. Without consequence there is no judgement. The jury is not the judge and they are the ones that say if you are wrong or not. It is the one who imposes sentance that is judging.

If i say you will go to hell if you are a homosexual i am not judging you, God is. I am simply telling you God's judgement. If i harrass you because you are homosexual then i an judging you.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Serpardum View Post
          If i went in front of a judge and he told me i was wrong for what i was doing but didnt give a penalty he wouldnt be judgi g, would he? A judge says because you did this, this will happen. Without consequence there is no judgement. The jury is not the judge and they are the ones that say if you are wrong or not. It is the one who imposes sentance that is judging.

If i say you will go to hell if you are a homosexual i am not judging you, God is. I am simply telling you God's judgement. If i harrass you because you are homosexual then i an judging you.
          Good way of putting it. We are not to Judge in such way by determining his/her eternal destiny. Even a United States Judge traditionally says, "May God have mercy upon your soul" when sentencing a person to death. Heaven or Hell is for God to decide, for He has complete knowledge. One thing is for certain, whether God exercises Mercy or Justice, Wrath or Grace, the Saints shall praise Him!

God bless,
          William
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap