Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

Favorite Radio Programs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Radio Programs?

What are some of your favorite radio programs? How have they helped you grow in your faith? Any that you avoid?

I'll get us started. One I've enjoyed over the years is Heralds of Hope.

Thanks. :)

Well I must admit that when I do listen to the radio, which is all the time and throughout the day, I tend to listen to sport talk radio. That said, though, there is a Sunday mid-morning local show here called "Worship in the Morning" (which is kind of ironic because it is on at 11 a.m., but oh well), and it is all I need for some radio to get me moving with my faith. The pastor who does the show is very skilled as an orator and the whole program is great with all sorts of opinions. I love it and try to tune in every Sunday.
    Comment>

I came to understand how to be saved by listening to a program called Back to the Bible. When I began listening to it I was already a member of a church but I had never really put my faith in Christ. I have learned a lot about the Bible by listening to it but I haven't listened recently because I can't find a station near where I live that carries it.
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Most of the time while listening to the radio I am listening to music. Though, on the occasion I happen to work on Sundays I will listen to Spirit 88.9 which has show that shares encouraging stories from fellow Christians from around the country.

theophilus, have you tried looking up the radio station you used to listen to online. Many Christian radio stations stream their broadcasts.
        Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
          I came to understand how to be saved by listening to a program called Back to the Bible. When I began listening to it I was already a member of a church but I had never really put my faith in Christ. I have learned a lot about the Bible by listening to it but I haven't listened recently because I can't find a station near where I live that carries it.
          Oh, I remember that show! I love listening to it on my Christian station. They still run it weekly, I believe, in re-runs. It has greatly blessed me as well over the years and it rings so true even today. I also listen to the Bob Dutko Show. He does a wide variety of stuff on his show, including some politics, but always talk radio. He's a clever guy and he runs a series called, "Get Bob Saved", where people call in and try to 'convert' him to Christianity. Then they pick the one who seems to have the best grasp of the Bible and the most tactful approach, as the winner of the contest to get Bob saved.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Novelangel View Post
            Oh, I remember that show! I love listening to it on my Christian station. They still run it weekly, I believe, in re-runs.
            Back to the Bible is still producing new programs daily. I wonder if you might be thinking of Thru the Bible, with J. Vernon McGee. After he died the program continued with reruns of the programs he had made.
            Clyde Herrin's Blog
            Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
              Back to the Bible is still producing new programs daily. I wonder if you might be thinking of Thru the Bible, with J. Vernon McGee. After he died the program continued with reruns of the programs he had made.
              Whoops. My bad. You're right. Now I feel like a total idiot. I always loved listening to Mr. McGee, he would put things in such a way that everyone could easily understand. That's a great gift to have. I also listen to Back to the Bible as well, but my apparently discombobulated brain cells went out to lunch for a bit when I wrote that last post. Oh, and I just remembered Joni Tada. I love listening to Joni and Friends whenever I get the chance. She's one of the most inspiring people alive today and God has used her in so many wonderful ways. He has also used the people who help her on a daily basis, for without them, it would be unimaginable how difficult her life would be.
              Comment>

I listen to Truth Frequency Radio online. It has different contributers and channels; so some of them are Christian oriented and some are not. I listen to some of the Christian ones.
                I also like Canary Cry radio, and the Haggman and Haggman Report. They are not just sermons; but they usually report on what is happening in the world and then tie it in with Biblical prophecy.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap