Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

China Bans Islam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Bans Islam

I've read in my news feed on Facebook that China has banned islam due to the bad things that it brings with it - mainly terrorism. What are your opinions on this? Do you believe that everyone should have the right to practice their religion regardless of what it is? Or is it just but right to ban islam because of the bad things that have been happening in other countries?
    For me, I agree that islam should be banned. They must get their [moderation] together first before the ban should be lifted.

I think there should be right to religion. We know Islam is false but one should be convinced in what one do not to be forced to do a thing. People should be made aware what true god is like and how it is different from their false god. Then they should convert to true relationship.
    Comment>

Banning a religion is easy. Stamping it out is an entirely different matter. China may have banned Islam but Muslims can still worship their god in secret. What I don't get though is why Muslims could be allowed to openly worship their god while Christians were persecuted and still are being persecuted.
      Comment>

I do believe in personal choice, especially when it comes to religion. I do advice people I've met about Christianity and how it has helped me uplift my life. But I don't really force other people to change their religion if they don't want to. It's the same way with this issue, you can ban a religion from your country but it still doesn't mean that you can stop the people to be a part of this religion. In any case, there would still be people hiding their religion just so they can abide by your country's rules. And that's a bit extreme, not being able to practice what you believe in because it's not allowed.

I can understand that Islam is in a bit of a bad light right now. But honestly, I believe there are bad people in every religion and that's the sad part. We can ban Muslims every where but we still risk banning the innocent people. The same goes for Christians all over the world, we get such bad rep if we're too into our religion to the point that we're made fun of. I don't know what hurts more, honestly, your religion being banned or your religion being made fun of.

The truth is, we choose what we want to believe in. And simply banning a religion won't make people change their beliefs. We need to spread the word of God more and make them understand why it's the supreme teaching. Maybe this way, we can have more change of hearts than we ever imagined.
        Comment>

The belief that people have the right to follow whatever religion they choose is not found in the Bible. God commands everyone to repent and believe in Jesus. However governments do not have the authority to enforce this command because they can't read minds and have no way of knowing what people really believe. Generally it is best for governments to allow any form of religious belief.

The government does have the authority to regulate the conduct of its citizens and if a religion advocates practices that are harmful the government should have the right to ban that religion's teachings from being disseminated. Because of Islam's connection with terrorism I think China is doing the right thing in banning it. As has been pointed out it can't keep people from believing in Islam but it can hinder them from planning and carrying out terrorist acts and that is a good thing.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

Originally posted by lindbergh View Post
            I've read in my news feed on Facebook that China has banned islam due to the bad things that it brings with it - mainly terrorism. What are your opinions on this? Do you believe that everyone should have the right to practice their religion regardless of what it is? Or is it just but right to ban islam because of the bad things that have been happening in other countries?
            For me, I agree that islam should be banned. They must get their [moderation] together first before the ban should be lifted.
            Please read our forum rules and do not post vulgarity or abbreviations of vulgarity.

Thank you,
            Staff
            Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
              Banning a religion is easy. Stamping it out is an entirely different matter. China may have banned Islam but Muslims can still worship their god in secret. What I don't get though is why Muslims could be allowed to openly worship their god while Christians were persecuted and still are being persecuted.
              Well, Jesus said that would happen. He stated that we would be "despised for His name's sake", which means we Christians, who use His name, are the ones who will be the most persecuted. The Jews have been extraordinarily persecuted over the centuries as well, perhaps even more so than we Christians, and that makes sense as well, because they are God the Father's chosen people. Everyone tends to resent someone else who is more popular, or 'picked first' for some activity, and everyone wants to be God's favorite. Even the earliest followers of Christ would argue about who would get to sit at Jesus' right hand in His Kingdom.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap