Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

How to enjoy God?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enjoy God?

Hello, I'm a new believer as some of you know... I have these annoying feelings nowadays that my passion for God is fading away, and is becoming related more and more to the church and the sermons and the praise songs and not related to Jesus himself... I want to enjoy God without waiting to enjoy a Sunday service or a sermon or so, I want to enjoy being a Christian and enjoy knowing Jesus without having to enjoy practicing Christianity... I pray a lot that god becomes my joy and not a sermon or a good praise song, but I feel that this fire that was in me when I started believing is fading. are these feelings natural or valid? I know that what I said is not clear but my thoughts are not clear... I just feel that something is off.

Enjoying God.. well most of the time I just appreciate what I have, and credit God for it. My job, my apartment, even having a good night's rest. You can't really expect to be given miracles on a daily basis, you have to work hard for the things you want, and hope that God will be there to back you up when you fail. As for me, I'm currently having a pretty decent life, so I am thankful that I have all these things, and that I have gotten a lot of "small" blessings from time to time. That's how I enjoy God's work, maybe you should try it?
    Comment>

Yea, of course I try to do that, but I'm not talking about enjoying what god does for me, I'm talking about enjoying my relationship with him. Pray for me.
      Comment>

Yea, of course I try to do that, but I'm not talking about enjoying what god does for me, I'm talking about enjoying my relationship with him. Pray for me.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Beshoy Adel View Post
          Hey, Beshoy. Glad to know about your faith and concern about God in your previous and current thread. I too turned to God recently before this I was following somewhat like atheism meddling with Hindu rituals. At first, you need to know who Jesus is for you. Which priority does he deserve in your life? What you think about him in your heart? At first, I was just like you. I know Jesus is Lord and God but don't this in your heart. Satan is tempting you in your heart. He's persuading you to believe that he's nothing. Read the gospel at the time when your heart is relaxed and you are lonely. With your understanding you can't understand God but with his understanding , you can feel him. You are loving Church but can't make your heart to love Christ. First, settle disputes between you and God. List all the things on a paper what he had done for you and decide with your heart whether it's coincidence or God's love. Do you believe what is written in Bible is flawless? If you, you'll also believe that Jesus is Lord and God. To enjoy with him, continue to go to Church but spend a personal time alone with Jesus and praising him for all the stuff he'd done for you. You need love. Jesus is knocking at the door but you need to open the door of your heart to let him in.(Revelation 3:20). I recommend you to attend online sermon and be indulged in live prayers whether at the Church you're or online. I'm praying but its God who can do this. You have a taint of lack of love in your heart. He's loving and wanna touch and hug you. All you need to feel him by believing him. May God do in your life what he want. In Jesus' name Amen.
          Comment>

In any relationship you are more likely to enjoy the time with the person you love if you spend more time with them and get to know them better. You see, God created relationships so we could learn how to relate to Him. He's a Father, our Master, our King and Friend. He loves us and He says that when we seek Him with all our hearts we shall find Him and Jesus even goes a step further when He says, "Anyone who loves me will obey my commandments and My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him." This is how you'll get what you want, Beshoy Adel.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
              In any relationship you are more likely to enjoy the time with the person you love if you spend more time with them and get to know them better. You see, God created relationships so we could learn how to relate to Him. He's a Father, our Master, our King and Friend. He loves us and He says that when we seek Him with all our hearts we shall find Him and Jesus even goes a step further when He says, "Anyone who loves me will obey my commandments and My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him." This is how you'll get what you want, Beshoy Adel.
              I agree Smithee with you. Good advise. You need to do that Beshoy.
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap