Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

Why are there Christians that Support Wars and Killing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are there Christians that Support Wars and Killing?

Here is something that I don't understand for the life of me.

How can people follow the example of Jesus Christ and be in favor of killing people in wars and even send their kids to kill people in far away countries?

Jesus said:
    - But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    - But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

He died on the cross when he could have killed everyone. - Didnt he?

This guy put it correctly:

In my opinion this makes all Christians look bad and makes us HYPOCRITES.

What right do you have to go and kill people when you are a follower of Jesus Christ???

Originally posted by S0laScriptur4 View Post

How can people follow the example of Jesus Christ and be in favor of killing people in wars and even send their kids to kill people in far away countries?

Jesus said:
    - But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    - But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

This guy put it correctly:

What right do you have to go and kill people when you are a follower of Jesus Christ???
    That's why I'm liberal.
    Comment>

It's worse than that. The Iraq war unleashed genocide against Iraqi Christians and diminished Christian influence in America even to the point where the government is driving Christians out of business if they don't engage in same-sex marriage speech. Before Iraq, Christians mostly didn't support war. Christians have changed, fallen away from the teachings of Christ, along with society becoming more hostile to Christianity. I've observe the largest Protestant denomination in the US, the Southern Baptists, never passed a resolution supporting any war, even WWI and WII, until the 2003 Iraq war. They not only passed a resolution calling for war, but they passed another resolution patting themselves on the back for getting the war they called for.

War can be just, to defend the innocent. Jesus told his followers to carry swords. The kingdom of Israel went to war with her neighbors. Jesus said turn the other cheek, but your cheek is just your cheek. Jesus could easily have used much worse examples, but he didn't. And, I don't believe his intent was to tell us to be punching bags, but not to escalate conflict.

Dispensationalists, those supporters of the state calling itself Israel who believe that God has two parallel covenants one for Jews (whom they imagine to be a race saved by their own blood) and one for Christians (saved by the blood of Jesus), have corrupted the thinking of many Christians in the last couple of decades. They lust for war.
      Last edited by Cornelius; 03-15-2016, 08:46 PM.
      Comment>

Jesus said:

Hi S0laScriptur4,

To answer your question, because they seek Justice.

The role of Government is quite different. The Government is ordained or has the right to wield the sword in order to actively seek out evil.

Lemme ask you something, if terrorist attacked us yet again, and murdered citizens... . how would you feel if our Commander and Chief said, I forgive them? Likewise, say your family was murdered and the murderers were about to stand sentence and the Judge said, I forgive them! Would you think as though Justice was served? Genesis 9:6;Romans 13:1-7.

The question then is whether you believe a Christian should hold such offices as soldier in our Government?

By the way, welcome to our forum S0laScriptura4!

God bless,
        William
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap