Faith discussions: improve your walk with the Lord, build up your prayer life, grow in your faith, love others in your church, and other general faith type discussions.

Is god our true father

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is god our true father

Scriptures say god is our own father, the creator of our soul. Then why does he keeps silent when I ask him something. Some people say that god speaks but we dont hear him. If that is so,as a father, cant he make his voice audible for his child to hear him.

Originally posted by pavanmk77 View Post
    Scriptures say god is our own father, the creator of our soul. Then why does he keeps silent when I ask him something. Some people say that god speaks but we dont hear him. If that is so,as a father, cant he make his voice audible for his child to hear him.
    Hi pavanmk77. Welcome to the forum!

First, when referring to the Christian God we are to use a capital G in God. Lower case are lesser gods. God speaks through His word, through Scripture. Lemme ask you this, if God spoke to you audibly, what good would that do anyone else? Would you write it down? Also, many believe that there is no new revelation. The Canon is closed, God has spoken. Though God is personally involved and directly intervening in the affairs of creation. Lemme pose a question for musing, what good will God speaking to you directly accomplish if you will not listen? And if He did speak to you directly through audible means, could you handle a Schizophrenic episode or would that drive you insane? If you received an audible voice how would you discern between your own mind's projection and the actual voice of God? Lemme answer this by saying, God will never contradict Himself. He has spoken through Prophets and His Son. If a man or woman were to ever speak on God's behalf by claiming to hear the voice of God, and what they say contradicts a prior Prophet then they are a false Prophet. The only way you can learn this is by Scripture through what God has already spoken. Think bout what our "Father" means to His children. We love our Father so we care about what He says, and what He has commanded, and about our family history. We were given Scripture, and it amazes me that some show more reverence on Facebook than they do for God by reading Scripture. What would any of our friends think if we said we loved them, but then we turned around and said I don't read anything on your Facebook wall because I don't love you that much?

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Hi pavanmk77. Welcome to the forum!

First, when referring to the Christian God we are to use a capital G in God. Lower case are lesser gods. God speaks through His word, through Scripture. Lemme ask you this, if God spoke to you audibly, what good would that do anyone else? Would you write it down? Also, many believe that there is no new revelation. The Canon is closed, God has spoken. Though God is personally involved and directly intervening in the affairs of creation. Lemme pose a question for musing, what good will God speaking to you directly accomplish if you will not listen? And if He did speak to you directly through audible means, could you handle a Schizophrenic episode or would that drive you insane? If you received an audible voice how would you discern between your own mind's projection and the actual voice of God? Lemme answer this by saying, God will never contradict Himself. He has spoken through Prophets and His Son. If a man or woman were to ever speak on God's behalf by claiming to hear the voice of God, and what they say contradicts a prior Prophet then they are a false Prophet. The only way you can learn this is by Scripture through what God has already spoken. Think bout what our "Father" means to His children. We love our Father so we care about what He says, and what He has commanded, and about our family history. We were given Scripture, and it amazes me that some show more reverence on Facebook than they do for God by reading Scripture. What would any of our friends think if we said we loved them, but then we turned around and said I don't read anything on your Facebook wall because I don't love you that much?

God bless,
      William
      Will I write down the words what my father said. I don't think so, rather I will talk with him normally as I do with other person in my family.
      . He can create belief by speaking to us, rather than being silent like he is not bothered.The same scriptures say that he can turn wicked to good, doubtful person to person of faith, there is nothing which is not possible for him.
      Secondly, A true father always hears his children whether they follow his words or not.
      Comment>

Will I write down the words what my father said. I don't think so, rather I will talk with him normally as I do with other person in my family.
        . He can create belief by speaking to us, rather than being silent like he is not bothered.The same scriptures say that he can turn wicked to good, doubtful person to person of faith, there is nothing which is not possible for him.
        Secondly, A true father always hears his children whether they follow his words or not.
        Do you believe all these things are true of our God our Father by faith? And I'd like you to reflect upon your use of "my" vs "our" Father concerning the sake of the Elect. Just look at how Jesus dealt with difficult people by remaining silent and only writing down - John 8:6 and pointing people to Scripture Mark 10:2-3.

He can create belief by speaking to us, rather than being silent like he is not bothered.
        God does create belief by enabling us through Regeneration. But, and excuse me for being frank, it seems that you are seeking another sign other than faith? - Matthew 12:39

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Do you believe all these things are true of our God our Father by faith? And I'd like you to reflect upon your use of "my" vs "our" Father concerning the sake of the Elect. Just look at how Jesus dealt with difficult people by remaining silent and only writing down - John 8:6 and pointing people to Scripture Mark 10:2-3.

God does create belief by enabling us through Regeneration. All these things are true, but, and excuse me for being frank, it seems that you are seeking another sign other than faith? - Matthew 12:39

God bless,
          William
          Do you mean god discriminates between his faithful and faithless children. A situation or environment makes the person faithful or faithless. I am not seeking anything(not even faith) but just asking why does the father(creator) of our soul doesnt respond to what we ask.
          Comment>

I want to ask you why god does discriminate between his faithful and faithless children. A situation or environment makes the person faithful or faithless. I am not seeking anything(not even faith). I am just asking why does the father of our soul doesnt respond to what we ask.
            I would differentiate between God our creator (of souls) and our Father Romans 8:15 "For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

Not to make a situation even worse. Who are we to make demands, ultimatums, or ask anything of the Father? Is it not enough that He provided the way through the crucifixion and resurrection of His beloved Son? That is, a yes or no question. Should another sign be given besides that of the Prophet Jonah?

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

I would differentiate between God our creator (of souls) and our Father Romans 8:15 "For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

Not to make a situation even worse. Who are we to make demands, ultimatums, or anything of the Father? Is it not enough that He provided the way through the crucifixion and resurrection of His beloved Son? That is, a yes or no question.

God bless,
              William
              Your words depicts that god is not a father but a king or a commander who fulfills his will/desire rather than ours.
              Comment>

Your words depicts that god is not a father but a king or a commander who fulfills his will/desire rather than ours.
                I am not sure what lesser god you refer to as your father.
                Comment>

With a resounding YES, God is our father, our real true perfect father that is so much more than our imperfect Earthly human fathers.

As to why you cant hear Him, well you can but His ways are not our ways and He speaks mainly through His word, but to audibly hear Him for any length of time, that has been reserved for a very select few throughout history, and of course even then not all the time, those people were walking extremely close to God and were called to hear directly from Him.

Also, if He were to speak all the time where would that leave faith and likewise if He were to speak it would make an easy target for Satan to do likewise and pretend to be God and speak to you as well leading you astray, it delights Gods heart when you believe and have not seen, He loves such faith as to when you don't hear directly from Him yet choose to still believe and follow no matter what.

We all want that super close walk with our Lord, the one where He calls on you audibly and tells us what to do and how much He loves us but here we see but through a glass darkly, but when we get home we will see all His glory and will have that desire of being with Him forever and learning directly from Him, oh what a day that will be.

I do know people who have heard audibly from God, as well as myself, once in my life,it was five words repeated and if it weren't for those 5 words I would be dead right now, the story goes:
                  I was 16 and was drinking the night before, heavily, before I knew Jesus too, but I was one to never wear a seat belt, anyway I got up the next morning grabbed a cheerwine and once I drank it I was just as drunk as the night before, I went to a store up the road from my house and grabbed another drink and a candy bar and I got to the edge of the road ready to pull into traffic and a mild audible voice said very clearly "put your seat belt on" and I looked around and there was no one in sight no cars nothing, so I brushed it off as maybe someone said it from behind the building or something, I inched up to go and the voice came back, loud and authoritative "PUT YOUR SEAT BELT ON" and it didn't come from outside, it was so loud and clear there was no mistaking it, I immediately complied and 2 miles down the road I was doing in excess of 80 MPH and rear ended a Toyota that was sitting still because my attention was focused on the cop going the other way.

I have a friend who was a believer but wasn't doing much for God, one day while sitting on his front porch relaxing and enjoying a beer he heard a voice call his name,"Don", he looked around and no one, about the time he gets relaxed again "Don", he looks around again a bit puzzled but still don't think much about it, and the very sudden and with authority "DON" and he replied, yyyes and the voice said "you will go preach to my people"

Both of those I know for a fact are true so yes He can speak to people when He chooses, if you truly seek His voice/face/guidance with all your heart, you will get it and that I believe with all my heart.
                  Comment>

If that is so,as a father, cant he make his voice audible for his child to hear him.
                    God does make his voice audible to his children, but are you sure you are one of his children? He created all of us and we owe him obedience and worship for that fact but not all are his children. He sent Jesus Christ into the world to take away the sins separating us from him. We can become his children by putting our faith in Christ.

To all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
                    (John 1:12-13 ESV)
                    Clyde Herrin's Blog
                    Comment>
                    Working...
                    X
                    Articles - News - SiteMap