Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBC compared to WC

Hey folks.

I've been enjoying the posts on the forum so far. Thanks for having me.

This Covenant Theology forum, is it limited to the paedobaptist expression of covenantalism, or open to other forums of historic federalism?

Originally posted by ~JM~ View Post
    This Covenant Theology forum, is it limited to the paedobaptist expression of covenantalism, or open to other forums of historic federalism?
    By all means take the liberty to share or inform and educate others (like me). I am also open to suggestions if we need create further sub-forums. I have never studied the Federal Vision for myself, but am only aware of the controversy surrounding it.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

The biggest difference I find between paedobaptist and credobaptist covenant theology, expressed in the historic confessions, is the idea of the covenant of works. To a Reformed Baptist the Mosaic covenant was a republication of the covenant of works, expanded. The covenant of grace is promised in Genesis and continues to be revealed through scripture culminating in the New Testament with the death of the Testator Jesus Christ. John Owen expressed this view, the idea of republication in his commentary on Hebrews, but did not flesh the idea out in his earlier work on baptism.

I’ll try to visit the forum this weekend and chat with you folks.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap