Discuss science topics such as creation and evolution and how they relate to Christianity.

Question about Noah's Ark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Noah's Ark

How did the kangaroos get to the boat from Australia?

The post-flood distribution of animals isn't necessarily the pre-flood distribution.

The Flood model, at last in my view, posits that after the Flood there was an Ice Age that locked up enough water in glaciers that Australia could be reached by land.
    Comment>

Also Genesis 1:24 says, "And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds— livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so. "

Just pointing out that only one of each genus would be required in Noah's Ark and not one of every species. I am not aware of any Creationist that argues against Micro Evolution but only Darwinian or Macro Evolution. As far as answering how Kangaroos got from Australia, my point being is that Kangaroos may not of actually been the animal included in the Ark. Likewise, for me to speculate that they got there on two legs by hopping would be just that - speculation... :confused:
      Comment>

I read a document about plate tectonics that discussed the possibility of a fissure opening in the Atlantic Ocean and exposing the ocean waters directly to the molten core. It posited a flash steam that would lift vast volumes of water at supersonic speeds causing a massive rain. The magma rushing to fill the crevice would drive the continents apart at a rapid rate (like hundreds of miles per hour - apparently granite can exhibit plastic qualities under some circumstances) and create a massive surge of water from the displaced oceans.

I am personally skeptical, but what the heck do I know about anything.
        So the current placement of continents may be part of the Flood Waters receding.
        [shrug]
        Comment>

The mid-oceanic ridge is a fissure through the crust of the earth that is thousands of miles long. It's not just in the Atlantic ocean. If there were an ocean of subterranean water, it seems plausible to me that a cataclysmic event could have brought the water to the surface. This would account for the existence of the mid-oceanic ridge in the first place, as well as the biblical comment on fountains of the deep.
          Comment>

The flood was supernatural. The gathering of the animals into the ark was of God, supernatural. The distrilbution of the animals after the flood was supernatural, from God. We don't need a 'scientifice' explanation for how God did it. Because He is God, He does it. And He did it as was written in Genesis.

Ship Alone
            Comment>

Originally posted by Ship Alone View Post
              The flood was supernatural. The gathering of the animals into the ark was of God, supernatural. The distrilbution of the animals after the flood was supernatural, from God. We don't need a 'scientifice' explanation for how God did it. Because He is God, He does it. And He did it as was written in Genesis.
              We don't need a natural explanation for something supernatural. But, it's reasonable to expect natural consequences to follow supernatural events. God unleashed the fountains of the deep, and there should should be natural consequences of that supernatural event, such as the mid-oceanic ridge that we see today. Jesus made bread supernaturally, and people were then fed naturally.
              Comment>

Cornelius

Being fed naturally doesn't explain the miracle. Im sure that the Ark landed exactly where God wanted for the purpose of the distribution of both man and the animals. The flood was miraculous as was the waters retreating. And they retreated where God wanted. He could cause the waters to retreat at a lower level until the animals all got to where He wanted. Then raise them again.

Ship Alone
                Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
                  The post-flood distribution of animals isn't necessarily the pre-flood distribution.

The Flood model, at last in my view, posits that after the Flood there was an Ice Age that locked up enough water in glaciers that Australia could be reached by land.
                  If you went to college or had any kind of science classes, what they will teach you is there were land bridges between the continents.
                  Explain how people got to places like Hawaii if there were no boats and there was only water.

Land bridge - Wikipedia
                  Comment>

I think people in Hawaii did get there by boats. When Jesus walked the earth, no man had yet ever walked on the Island of Hawaii, at least there's no evidence (I think humans are very good at creating evidence of their presence). And, yes Chuckt, I'm well aware of the land bridges that existed during the Ice Age, and I offer the Flood as the cause of the Ice Age. Even before man is accused of warming the planet, we still observed Ice Age glaciers in retreat.
                    Comment>

The Psalms say the mountains rose up out of the waters when they aswaged, I myself believe Kent Hovind and Dan Browns theories on these topics but for just a quick answer the water level was quite lower after the flood because of the aswaging and freezing of the polar ice caps, if the water level was only 100 ft lower you could walk from some countries to others and if I am not mistaken from Austrailia to New guinea or Indonesia.

Science class is a joke, its only to spread the evolution religion.
                      Comment>

Click image for larger version

Name:	figure1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	10312

That's a map of Europe. The red is dry land after the Flood, at the height of the ice age. Scientists can see the lower coast line just by looking under water. You can see in this picture that the British islands were very much one with the mainland of Europe. I suspect that the ocean level was even lower than in this map, but that the water wasn't that low long enough to cause indelible evidence of a now submerged shoreline.

Here's an example of evidence of a lower sea level (or great lake level): An ancient 100-foot waterfall off the shore of Mackinac Island was discovered underwater last week by the crew aboard the training and research vessel The Pride of Michigan. They came across the 10,000-year-old waterfall while taking soundings in the area.
                        Comment>

Pretty sure God made sure that the animals made it to the ark, and He somehow transported them all into the vicinity so they could be saved. I mean think about it, how could the predators and prey all coexist in a tiny space for over forty days? God's intervention. He made sure they were at peace with each other, so it is not that farfetched to think he transported the penguins from the arctic region and the animals in Australia to the area where the animals were being herded.
                          Comment>

I find this post pretty funny. But with so many animals in the world, did all of them really fit into the ark?

My guess? Not all land animals made it to the ark. Some of them were able to survive the great flood by searching for higher ground. I do believe that the high mountains weren't that affected by the great flood. So by moving to higher ground, they were able to get by. Why would God require them to go to the ark just to be saved? Were animals at fault too so that they needed to go there just to survive? I guess not...
                            Comment>

Originally posted by lindbergh View Post
                              But with so many animals in the world, did all of them really fit into the ark?
                              How many animals do you think were in the ark? These two links might give you some idea.

No Kind Left Behind | Answers in Genesis

How Could Noah Fit the Animals on the Ark and Care for Them? | Answers in Genesis

My guess? Not all land animals made it to the ark. Some of them were able to survive the great flood by searching for higher ground. I do believe that the high mountains weren't that affected by the great flood.
                              The flood covered all the world, including the highest mountains. Many of the mountains that exist today didn't even exist before the flood.

You covered it with the deep as with a garment;
                              the waters stood above the mountains.
                              At your rebuke they fled;
                              at the sound of your thunder they took to flight.
                              The mountains rose, the valleys sank down
                              to the place that you appointed for them.
                              You set a boundary that they may not pass,
                              so that they might not again cover the earth.
                              (Psalm 104:6-9 ESV)
                              Clyde Herrin's Blog
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap