Discuss science topics such as creation and evolution and how they relate to Christianity.

Breaking the shackles of evolutionary propaganda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking the shackles of evolutionary propaganda

From the dying embers of faith, via atheism and evolutionary compromise, to a rock solid confidence in biblical creation and Scripture-one man's fascinating journey.

More...

It's a sad story, because for whatever reason he adopted the framework that anything other than young-earth creationism equals atheism.

"The ‘monster’ of unbelief within me was continuously being fed by what I’d call evolutionary propaganda. Discovery Channel, National Geographic, newspapers, magazines, text books, study books, even entertaining sources such as movies, all were making one thing very obvious: Earth is very, very old and we are the products of millions of years of evolution. Apart from the apparent pointlessness of our existence, that also meant that what was written in the Bible and taught in church could not possibly be true. And if that was the case, there was in fact no reason to believe the God mentioned in the Bible was even real."

That framework tells the enemies of Christianity that to disprove the Bible and pull people away from Christ, all they have to do is show the earth is old. That's it. Evidence of an old earth is evidence that God doesn't exist. It also tells young people that they must choose between Christianity and science.....can't have both. So many kids will just figure if Christianity is such an anti-science belief, they don't want anything to do with it.

​​​​​​​And it doesn't have to be that way.
    Comment>

Originally posted by River Jordan View Post
      It's a sad story, because for whatever reason he adopted the framework that anything other than young-earth creationism equals atheism.

"The ‘monster’ of unbelief within me was continuously being fed by what I’d call evolutionary propaganda. Discovery Channel, National Geographic, newspapers, magazines, text books, study books, even entertaining sources such as movies, all were making one thing very obvious: Earth is very, very old and we are the products of millions of years of evolution. Apart from the apparent pointlessness of our existence, that also meant that what was written in the Bible and taught in church could not possibly be true. And if that was the case, there was in fact no reason to believe the God mentioned in the Bible was even real."

That framework tells the enemies of Christianity that to disprove the Bible and pull people away from Christ, all they have to do is show the earth is old. That's it. Evidence of an old earth is evidence that God doesn't exist. It also tells young people that they must choose between Christianity and science.....can't have both. So many kids will just figure if Christianity is such an anti-science belief, they don't want anything to do with it.

And it doesn't have to be that way.
      Yeah, I think it is important to believe in Old Earth Creationism. It almost seems like the enemy created YEC to be a straw man to make Christianity look like it is based on a weak argument.
      Comment>

Millions of years of macroevolution is an assault against Scripture, it may not disprove God, but it's inconsistent with our one true God. Bramha and macroevolution go together just fine.

Christians don't have to choose between the Bible and science but they don't have to believe everything they are told is scientific fact either. YEC isn't just a thought.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post
          Millions of years of macroevolution is an assault against Scripture, it may not disprove God, but it's inconsistent with our one true God. Bramha and macroevolution go together just fine.

Christians don't have to choose between the Bible and science but they don't have to believe everything they are told is scientific fact either. YEC isn't just a thought.
          Macroevolution is an assault on Scripture I agree. But I believe in OEC and the Day Age interpretation which fits with both Scripture and science.
          Comment>

Originally posted by CDF47 View Post

Macroevolution is an assault on Scripture I agree. But I believe in OEC and the Day Age interpretation which fits with both Scripture and science.
            That's a respectable stance, microevoulution takes time and so dose populating the world.
            Comment>

That's a respectable stance, microevoulution takes time and so dose populating the world.
              Agreed.
              Comment>

Macroevolution is an assault on Scripture.
                Then you believe evidence for macroevolution is evidence against Christ?
                Comment>

Millions of years of macroevolution is an assault against Scripture, it may not disprove God, but it's inconsistent with our one true God.
                  Obviously millions of Christians disagree.
                  Comment>

No, I just believe the evidence supports separate ancestry. I have total faith in Christ.
                    Comment>

Obviously millions of Christians disagree.
                      Millions of Christians disagree on many many subjects. I look at Scripture first and science. I do not believe they conflict.
                      Comment>

Nope, I believe Christ is evidence against macroevolution.

I've yet to see any evidance supporting macroevolution.
                        Comment>

No, I just believe the evidence supports separate ancestry. I have total faith in Christ.
                          If it's not too much trouble, I'd be curious to see what evidence you're referring to.

Millions of Christians disagree on many many subjects. I look at Scripture first and science. I do not believe they conflict.
                          I agree.
                          Comment>

Nope, I believe Christ is evidence against macroevolution.
                            How?

I've yet to see any evidance supporting macroevolution.
                            Where have you looked?
                            Comment>

If it's not too much trouble, I'd be curious to see what evidence you're referring to.

I agree.
                              Just one source for now: The Scientific Case Against Evolution | The Institute for Creation Research
                              Last edited by CDF47; 08-17-2017, 05:46 PM.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap