Discuss science topics such as creation and evolution and how they relate to Christianity.

What happened to the dinos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the dinos?

The best I can figure is dinos went extinct after the flood, but maybe not because of the flood. There are hyroglifics depicting dinos, we see humans and dinos coexisted. These hyroglifs even show human taming dino and riding atop of them. My theory is dinos didn't have the environment needed to survive due to the flood and possibly were hunted down to the point of extintion.
    Your thoughts?

It's also possible that not the dinos considered extinct really are. There's places we haven't explored on this earth. Like the swamped of the congo where people have claimed to see unusual animals, when shown pictures of animals living and pictures of dinos, without being told said animals were extinct, identified these animals with the pictures of dinos.
    Comment>

What could have survived the flood? Just 8 persons, acc the Ark info.
      Comment>

There was two of every species of land animal on the ark.
        Comment>

They must have been mini-sauers........... maybe? ;)
          Comment>

Baby dinos or maybe even eggs. Or there could have been some that were extinct before the flood and the rest after. 🤔
            Comment>

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post
              There was two of every species of land animal on the ark.
              Species or Genus? Scripture says kinds and not species.

Species and Kinds and the Ark | Answers in Genesis

Originally posted by Innerfire89 View Post
              Baby dinos or maybe even eggs. Or there could have been some that were extinct before the flood and the rest after. 🤔
              If an Ice Age followed the great flood, that is very possible.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Genus, My mistake. There was a male and female goats and not every sepices of goat. And so on and so forth..
                Comment>

I think that there is an excellent chance that what we call a dinosaur is still in existence on the earth, and probably other kinds living in the ocean. I have also seen the pictures that were carved into buildings and painted on pottery that show men sitting on top of a dinosaur and killing it. These are only a little over a thousand years old, not millions of years ago, when we are taught that dinosaurs went extinct.
                  People didn't even call them a dinosaur until sometime in the 1800's, when the word was coined. Before that, people probably called them lizards or dragons, which I think is the old name for the larger dinosaurs.
                  If you look at the Chinese calendar, it has a picture of an animal/creature of some kind for each year. One of those creatures is a dragon. It only makes sense that if all of the other creatures actually exist/existed, then so did some kind of large lizard which was called a dragon.
                  In Cambodia there is a temple, and it has carvings of a dinosaur , and I think that is about 500-600 years old. If they existed that recently, then it is totally possible that they still exist in remote areas, and are only seen by natives that live in the jungles.
                  As far as the dinosaurs being on the ark, it is totally likely that very small ones, or even eggs, were taken on the ark. They would not take up much room, and it would make a lot more sense to take babies or young specimens of any species than to take mature adults. They would take up a lot less room, and would be much less likely to want to fight or kill each other if they were all babies.
                  Last edited by Happyflowerlady; 07-15-2017, 07:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
                  Comment>

They made the acquaintance of a 6 mile wide meteor 65 million years ago.
                    Comment>

I think it might be before the flood, and before mankind was even civilized. My theory is they probably ran out of food as the carnivores would predate the herbivores, and I could only imagine the indigenous humans hunting them as well in groups. This could've led to the herbivores dying earlier than both the carnivorous dinosaurs and humans, which in turn led the humans to hunt the carnivores instead. The carnivorous dinosaurs may have the strength, but not the intellect that humans posses and eventually they probably either got captured, or they died because they didn't have anything else to eat. That's just my take on it.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by ThyWordisTruth View Post
                        They made the acquaintance of a 6 mile wide meteor 65 million years ago.

And who would have been around 65 million years ago to know that :)
                        Comment>

I vote with #9.
                          Comment>

I speculate it could be a combination of the flood and change in the environment. Dinosaurs as well as other prehistoric creatures might not of been able to adapt to the sudden changes in the environment in time, they were quite different from the current animals that still live on to this day. Maybe insects could of played a role in the extinction of dinosaurs, making them ill and transferring diseases in them. Just a small theory, it could be that they simply didn't have enough nutritious food in their diet. The plants may have been on sort supply for them and the plant eaters didn't have enough to survive off of, therefore making it harder for the meat eaters to survive. It could be a combination of all of these theories.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by Happyflowerlady View Post
                              As far as the dinosaurs being on the ark, it is totally likely that very small ones, or even eggs, were taken on the ark.
                              It is likely the dinosaurs were babies. If they took eggs how could they tell whether they were male or female?

Originally posted by prodigalson View Post
                              I think it might be before the flood, and before mankind was even civilized.
                              They couldn't have gone extinct before the flood. The fossils we find today were produced by the flood.
                              Clyde Herrin's Blog
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap