Discuss science topics such as creation and evolution and how they relate to Christianity.

What happened to the cavemen after death?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the cavemen after death?

It seems pretty undeniable that the humans in Genesis had progressed past the hunter/gatherer phase, as Cain is mentioned watering seeds, growing crops, being punished by not being able to grow crops. So how is it that these were the first humans on earth? Furthermore, what would be the religious perspective on the destiny of the soul of the Cro-Magnon with no clue what God's rules were, basically looking at anything that keeps him alive as divine? Is he damned because he failed to get the memo?

Adam and Eve knew about God and passed that information on to their children. All of their descendants, including the Cro-Magnons and the Neanderthals, had the same opportunity to know about God that we have today.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Jesus preached to them, and that is all that is mentioned. (Those that were alive before the Flood) 1 Peter 3:19-20 KJV

Edit: I must correct my falsely conceived notion that those he preached to (translation is actually "heralded" meaning he was telling them that he had won) were anything other than very bad demons.
      Last edited by Trist; 07-08-2017, 11:32 AM.
      Comment>

There are so many mysteries that are that some people may seem to pretend that they may know the answer for but it's mere speculation on their part.I don't think we are capable of giving a reasonable explanation for what the fate would have been for persons that had lived In a period where we can only determine their existence by merely putting some bits and pieces together. I believe that this is another mystery that it is beyond our capacity to determine.
        Comment>

Romans 1:18 says that God has given mankind plenty of evidence through nature we that 'we are without excuse'. Hebrews 1:1 speaks about it also. That in times past - God spoke through prophets.

Actually , Jesus Christ didn't come into the picture until the New Testament when He was born.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Lucian Hodoboc View Post
            It seems pretty undeniable that the humans in Genesis had progressed past the hunter/gatherer phase, as Cain is mentioned watering seeds, growing crops, being punished by not being able to grow crops. So how is it that these were the first humans on earth? Furthermore, what would be the religious perspective on the destiny of the soul of the Cro-Magnon with no clue what God's rules were, basically looking at anything that keeps him alive as divine? Is he damned because he failed to get the memo?
            I'll let David and Paul answer you:

Psalm 19:1-6 [NIV]
            1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
            the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
            2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
            night after night they reveal knowledge.
            3 They have no speech, they use no words;
            no sound is heard from them.
            4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
            their words to the ends of the world.
            In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
            5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
            like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
            6 It rises at one end of the heavens
            and makes its circuit to the other;
            nothing is deprived of its warmth.

Romans 1:18-20 [NIV]
            18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Romans 2:12-16 [NIV]
            12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

I can think of no reason why this would not apply to all men and women, including those who painted the pictures in the caves in Lascaux, France or were buried in the rock shelter at Les Eyzies, Dordogne, France.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Lucian Hodoboc View Post
              You are assuming "cavemen" existed.
              Comment>

I think we have to think of it this way. Though Adam and Eve were knowledgeable about Gods plan. After their death, the lineage didn't posses that knowledge as it was being fed word of mouth. Lot of generations skipped that. And after the christ that knowledge was bought into attention of the people again. That's where different cultures and religions came to know about the christ. That's for sure.
                Comment>

This is an interesting topic, particularly if you bring it up to date. 30 years ago my wife and I had a baby son born to us. After just two days he died.
                  Now the issue here is similar to the one raised in this thread, what happens to his soul? He was clearly too young to understand the gospel and had not actually lived long enoughto understand the concept of nature expressing God's glory.
                  We had him baptised before he died, but that is simply my Catholic upbringing coming out there as at the time I was not a believing Christian, so technically he could not rely on our faith in any way.
                  So does this mean he is damned due to his ignorance?

In my opinion the answer is no. Frankly I do not believe that God is so dogmatic as to require certain doctrines to be understood or professed prior to allowing such a person to be saved.

Explorerx7 expresses it well above: salvation is a mystery and who and how peoples down through the years have and will be saved is His work, not ours.

I personally think that we will all be surprised just who is in heaven on our arrival there.
                  Comment>

God tells us in His Word exactly how To be saved. A person needs to be able to understand right from wrong. Understand that he/she Has, in fact Done something wrong. Understand what Jesus Christ did on the cross For us, In our place, That there is absolutely Nothing we can do Ourselves to earn our own salvation. We can't die for our own sin and rise again. Only Jesus Christ could and did do that. And the blood shed by Jesus Christ was sufficient in God's eyes to pay For our sins. Redeem our soul. And when we've believed in our heart and confessed with our mouth the Lord Jesus We Are Saved.

Jesus Christ being the Son of God -- and not simply a good religious teacher of that day.

God's Word Also says that a person Can see , in nature around them, the reality of God. And He alone does know our hearts. From Adam to the last person who will be born.

The Old Testament prophets foretold Jesus Christ's birth , so they looked forward To the cross. The people living at the time Of the actual crucifixion could 'bear witness' to it. And since then -- we look back at what God's Word tells us. Even those living during the time Of Christ had the choice of accepting or rejecting what they were witnessing.

Another thought -- all the baby's that have been aborted -- they are with Jesus Christ. God allowed their conception / life within the uterus while here on earth -- miscarriages -- all of those babies are safe in the arms of Jesus Christ.

And, those who are mentally unable to realize right from wrong -- no matter how old they are -- the same with them.

And, even the mass murderer who accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior while in prison, that person will be in heaven.

So, no matter Where a person lived or now lives -- in the cave or a million-dollar mansion. Or on the street -- belief in their heart and confessing Christ with their mouth -- they are saved.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by Sue D.
                      God tells us in His Word exactly how To be saved. A person needs to be able to understand right from wrong. Understand that he/she Has, in fact Done something wrong. Understand what Jesus Christ did on the cross For us, In our place, That there is absolutely Nothing we can do Ourselves to earn our own salvation. We can't die for our own sin and rise again. Only Jesus Christ could and did do that. And the blood shed by Jesus Christ was sufficient in God's eyes to pay For our sins. Redeem our soul. And when we've believed in our heart and confessed with our mouth the Lord Jesus We Are Saved.

Jesus Christ being the Son of God -- and not simply a good religious teacher of that day.

God's Word Also says that a person Can see , in nature around them, the reality of God. And He alone does know our hearts. From Adam to the last person who will be born.

The Old Testament prophets foretold Jesus Christ's birth , so they looked forward To the cross. The people living at the time Of the actual crucifixion could 'bear witness' to it. And since then -- we look back at what God's Word tells us. Even those living during the time Of Christ had the choice of accepting or rejecting what they were witnessing.

Another thought -- all the baby's that have been aborted -- they are with Jesus Christ. God allowed their conception / life within the uterus while here on earth -- miscarriages -- all of those babies are safe in the arms of Jesus Christ.

And, those who are mentally unable to realize right from wrong -- no matter how old they are -- the same with them.

And, even the mass murderer who accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior while in prison, that person will be in heaven.

So, no matter Where a person lived or now lives -- in the cave or a million-dollar mansion. Or on the street -- belief in their heart and confessing Christ with their mouth -- they are saved.
                      So based upon your criteria here then, my two day old son who died before he could speak or make any real decisions for himself is condemned to eternal damnation? Is that truly what you believe of our God? If so, I think your God is too small, or at least too small minded, and I do not want to know him.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by faramir.pete View Post

So based upon your criteria here then, my two day old son who died before he could speak or make any real decisions for himself is condemned to eternal damnation? Is that truly what you believe of our God? If so, I think your God is too small, or at least too small minded, and I do not want to know him.

That is Not what I meant to convey -- I said that a person needs to be able to understand right from wrong. An infant has no concept of right or wrong. All they know is feeling loved / comfort or discomfort -- they are Totally dependent on a loving, caring person to take care of that discomfort.

I Meant to convey that your baby is safe in the arms of the loving Jesus Christ.
                        Comment>

Hmmm well Sue, I certainly did not see that in your previous response, I certainly believe my son is safe in Jesus' arms, but your explanation of the needed responses to gain salvation certainly would not allow him to qualify.

Thank you for adjusting your comment
                          Comment>

Originally posted by faramir.pete View Post
                            Hmmm well Sue, I certainly did not see that in your previous response, I certainly believe my son is safe in Jesus' arms, but your explanation of the needed responses to gain salvation certainly would not allow him to qualify.

Thank you for adjusting your comment
                            I had thought that my first comment had covered that "that a person needs to be able to understand right from wrong" -- a baby would have no concept of that. I hadn't finished the thought that I'd started out with. Sorry about that confusion.
                            Comment>
                            Working...
                            X
                            Articles - News - SiteMap