Discuss science topics such as creation and evolution and how they relate to Christianity.

Ark Encounter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ark Encounter

Has anyone been to the life-size ark in Kentucky? Anyone planning to go? How do you feel about it? Do you think it was an unwise use of money? Do you think it will be a great witness/testimony as the organization hopes?
    I don't have strong feelings one way or another regarding the controversy but I hope to visit it this summer or fall with my son and sister and her children. It happens to be halfway between us! I think it's a great tool for home-school families and a great learning experience for kids (and adults!). It's conveniently near the Creation Museum. I think I am leaning toward it being a positive thing. It has already gained national attention and sparked debate and questions. Doubtless many people will visit, even non-believers and skeptics. Certainly it will provide answers and knowledge for believers.

Here is a report by someone who has visited it. Grand Opening of the Ark Encounter | sixdaysblog
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

I am not a fan. I think the earth is 4.5 billion years old and that dinosaurs were extinct long before the flood would have happened. I think this sort of thing portrays Christians as being pretty dumb people and makes the whole religion less credible.
      Comment>

Originally posted by rootle View Post
        I am not a fan. I think the earth is 4.5 billion years old and that dinosaurs were extinct long before the flood would have happened. I think this sort of thing portrays Christians as being pretty dumb people and makes the whole religion less credible.
        Many cultures have legends of dragons, which resemble dinosaurs. Is this just a coincidence?
        Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>

I'd enjoy seeing it someday and I think the events of Noahs day and the flood can be a great witness.

I've known 2 in the last year who were softened to the gospel through learning about the flood and science of creation. One has since been saved and the other seems to be on the same path. Be it time or money I don't consider any true witness to be unwisely spent ;)
          Comment>

It seems to be pretty harmless entertainment and can provide nourishment for the soul so the wisdom of the endeavor will be based on how many people actually pay to see the exhibit. It won't provide the great witness or testimony that the organization hoped for but, in the end, if people have their faith strengthened by attending the exhibit, then it can be considered a win, however small it is.
            Comment>

Isn't this this place with a huge air swing? The place looks amazing and lots of fun for Christians and non-Christians like, I'd definitely enjoy seeing it. There is a really great video on YouTube that takes you through the stage by stage construction of the ark itself, fascinating!
              Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post

Many cultures have legends of dragons, which resemble dinosaurs. Is this just a coincidence?
                I feel like that it's fairly risky to conclude that dinosaurs were alive at the same time as humans based on dragon myths. Anyway here's an article that suggests possible explanations.

Where Did Dragons Come From? | Science | Smithsonian
                Comment>

I feel like that it's fairly risky to conclude that dinosaurs were alive at the same time as humans based on dragon myths. Anyway here's an article that suggests possible explanations.

The Smithsonian Institute is committed to a belief in evolution so it is natural that they would try to come up with some other explanation.
                  Clyde Herrin's Blog
                  Comment>

Dragon was the word used for great and terrible lizard. Pre-flood and even for some time after things were giant. We have fossils of dragon flies with 25" wing spans and human skeletons above 11 feet and jaws 4 x's the size of ours currently. Post flood just think David and Goliath. Goliath was...gigantic. Great and terrible lizards were pretty likely in this time.

In Job 40: 15-24 God describes a creature he's made as huge with a tail the size of a tree (in Job's present tense)

​​​​​​
                    ​15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. 18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
                    So these dragons weren't that of fairy tales and Disney dreams but the word literally meant great and terrible lizard.

It's also interesting to note the findings of blood, tissue,dna and marrow in the remains of a T Rex as well as other dino finds. It's hard to spin abhorrence in a way to say "so...this one didn't decay after millions and millions of years" ?
                    (added article)

Dinosaur Soft Parts | The Institute for Creation Research
                    Comment>

Originally posted by Tuesday View Post
                      It's also interesting to note the findings of blood, tissue,dna and marrow in the remains of a T Rex as well as other dino finds. It's hard to spin abhorrence in a way to say "so...this one didn't decay after millions and millions of years" ?
                      This video demonstrates how fossils can be made within a very short time: Creationist -- Earth is 6000 Years Old -Christforums
                      Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

This video demonstrates how fossils can be made within a very short time: Creationist -- Earth is 6000 Years Old -Christforums
                        This is so cool. I've seen also where they can make coal and oil in very short amounts of time as well which support the flood and why coal is in one giant deposit or layer not in a strata pattern but in heaps (all those trees and all)
                        Comment>

I would like to see the ship itself. Do I believe every thing else proposed at the site? No.
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap