Discuss science topics such as creation and evolution and how they relate to Christianity.

Are we the only one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we the only one?

While the bible only mentions Eden, Earth, Heaven, and Hell, science has shown us pictures of other galaxies that might have their own rules when ti comes to physics. So I was wondering if you think we are the only one God has made? Or are we one of many that God has made? I personally like to think we aren't the only ones.

Originally posted by LeapOfFaith89 View Post
    While the bible only mentions Eden, Earth, Heaven, and Hell, science has shown us pictures of other galaxies that might have their own rules when ti comes to physics. So I was wondering if you think we are the only one God has made? Or are we one of many that God has made? I personally like to think we aren't the only ones.
    If you are going to point to Science, then please provide Scientific proof for life on other planets. If not, please answer the simple question, "Up to this point, where has all life existed" according to Science?

From here we can dive into good or bad science, but one thing is clear.... Science may try to speculate about how life came into existence, primordial dna pools or not, if those primordial pools have only been observed here on earth thus far, then Science must say only life exists here on earth thus far. Science must provide something that is observable, testable, and repeatable..... or it ain't science... now back to those primordial dna pools on earth!

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

One what? Galaxy, inhabitable planet, group of humans? Quite honestly unless we actually make contact to some other civilization that inhabits a planet somewhere else in this galaxy/universe we will really only know if there is other forms of life when we get to heaven and still have the curiosity enough to actually ask God these questions.

There are plenty of things about unknown things, and things that have happened throughout history I would like to find the truth about, but when I get to heaven I wonder if I will even still have the desire to want to know this stuff as it may be completely meaningless once we get there.
      Comment>

Well like others have pointed out the question can really be taken to mean a lot of different things, but if you take it in general you would have to guess that no, we are not alone. There are usually more than one of something. But, when you get into specifics, then we get into discussion. If we are talking about life, though, I do think that there has to be something else out there. I am not sure if we will ever find anything, and kind of hope we don't, but that just adds to the intrigue.
        Comment>

But being alone or not in this huge universe, what difference it would make in our life, in your opinion?
          To me in the least, it won't make any change in my life ;)

Kerim
          Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

If you are going to point to Science, then please provide Scientific proof for life on other planets. If not, please answer the simple question, "Up to this point, where has all life existed" according to Science?

From here we can dive into good or bad science, but one thing is clear.... Science may try to speculate about how life came into existence, primordial dna pools or not, if those primordial pools have only been observed here on earth thus far, then Science must say only life exists here on earth thus far. Science must provide something that is observable, testable, and repeatable..... or it ain't science... now back to those primordial dna pools on earth!

God bless,
            William
            There are pictures of other galaxies with their own suns, planets, and stars. We've had pictures of them for a couple decades now. I was just wondering if anyone thought that God made another sentient species with a soul. God is infinite, so why not. That was all I was asking. We know there are angels but I was never sure if they have souls or are souls. I wasn't asking about science because theoretically there could be a planet with life in the other universes. Not many but theoretically there should be life somewhere else in the other universes. But do you think God would or has made life like us with souls?
            Comment>

Curiosity and wonder are some spectacular traits that God has given us in order for us to go from one question to seek answers to still another.
              From the guy who discovered fire to the guy who started smelting iron ore in fire to make spear heads to the guy who discovered that sticking his iron spear head in the air during a thunderstorm (thereby discovering electricity) was not a good thing to do. Wonder is the epitome of discovery and the seed of imagination.

It is from wonder that our present day quantum math guys have proven that the universe is by design and not accidental and also those same math guys who have also proven there are more than 3 dimensions.
              I would like to think that there are indeed other civilizations in other galaxies but alas, even math does not give us a hint that there is. If there is, I wonder if they have the same problems as we or are they totally unified with their faith in God? Or, is there another Adam and Eve who did not succumb to temptation (that wonder can often instill) and are living happily in an Eden being watched over by a God so loving?

Whether there is or is not another galaxy with life as we know it is not yet for us to know the absolute truth. But, knowing that we serve a very, very mighty and real God, I would not be a bit surprised if our universe is just one in many dimensions called the Kingdom of God. I wonder...................! God Bless.......Bobby

Comment>

Originally posted by Bobby Cole View Post
                Curiosity and wonder are some spectacular traits that God has given us in order for us to go from one question to seek answers to still another.
                Saw a movie once. An alien race conducted experiments on humans since the beginning of time. The aliens, if one posed a question was responsible for the conclusion. The entire human race was subject to an alien that dared to raise a question among his peers for their was great punishment to the alien that left an open ended question. The alien raised the question whether the bond between a woman and her offspring was breakable. The alien had erased all memory of her child and took him away, only for time and time again her to remember ....

Can you imagine if we were held accountable for our questions? Granted, sometimes it isn't proper to ask questions. Namely, I wouldn't ask deep theological questions in a bible study for new converts to those with no experience or knowledge in apologetics. But in a lot of ways we are responsible, because with greater knowledge comes greater awareness and therefore greater accountability. <--- was sure to answer my own question.

Originally posted by Bobby Cole View Post
                It is from wonder that our present day quantum math guys have proven that the universe is by design and not accidental and also those same math guys who have also proven there are more than 3 dimensions.
                I have heard no credible chemist or mathematician believes life began by random processes. Exactly, what are the chances or probability that life began from nothing? And then repeated itself elsewhere? By the way, Pastor Bobby, your comment reminded me of the multiverse hypothesis.

God bless,
                William
                Comment>

While the bible only mentions Eden, Earth, Heaven, and Hell, science has shown us pictures of other galaxies that might have their own rules when ti comes to physics.
                  Eh???
                  Comment>

Originally posted by rz3300 View Post
                    Well like others have pointed out the question can really be taken to mean a lot of different things, but if you take it in general you would have to guess that no, we are not alone. There are usually more than one of something. But, when you get into specifics, then we get into discussion. If we are talking about life, though, I do think that there has to be something else out there. I am not sure if we will ever find anything, and kind of hope we don't, but that just adds to the intrigue.
                    Why do you think that, logically?
                    Comment>

There are pictures of other galaxies with their own suns, planets, and stars. We've had pictures of them for a couple decades now. I was just wondering if anyone thought that God made another sentient species with a soul. God is infinite, so why not. That was all I was asking. We know there are angels but I was never sure if they have souls or are souls. I wasn't asking about science because theoretically there could be a planet with life in the other universes. Not many but theoretically there should be life somewhere else in the other universes. But do you think God would or has made life like us with souls?
                      There is a difference between could be and should be. You should be careful about that. Theoretically, if I flap my arms fast enough, I could produce enough upward thrust for lift-off. But in reality, I can not. So it is wrong to assume that I should be flying just because I can flap my arms.

My opinion on this is that. There could be other life. We do not know for sure until we get some good evidence. Regarding, God and other life, I do not see how the presence or absence of other life (even sentient) can affect anything we know about God. We can speculate that if there are other lives, God probably made them for some reasons that He did not bother to tell us. We need not find explanation of aliens in Bible, even when aliens are not mere speculations of scientists or fantasies of populace.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by inlight12 View Post
                        God probably made them for some reasons that He did not bother to tell us.
                        To me in the least, Jesus tells me about it:
                        "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd".

Of course, since this saying is not very important relative to his other ones, every person can hear it the way he likes ;)

Kerim
                        Comment>

What if at the time Satan wanted rebelled, the universe as we know it was today was home to lots of non-spirit beings who probably joined Satan in his rebellion and they were destroyed/got the punishmet they deserved? Just speculation. But as for wondering whether we are alone in the Universe or not fact is we aren't. There are lots of spirit creatures that live here on earth and on other planets. According to some stories I've read [which allegedly are true] one person who once was a devil worshipper was taken to a hotel on Venus [before he became a Christian]. Whether that is true or not I don't know but fact is fallen angels could be anywhere in the universe not just here on earth.
                          Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
                            What if at the time Satan wanted rebelled, the universe as we know it was today was home to lots of non-spirit beings who probably joined Satan in his rebellion and they were destroyed/got the punishmet they deserved? Just speculation. But as for wondering whether we are alone in the Universe or not fact is we aren't. There are lots of spirit creatures that live here on earth and on other planets. According to some stories I've read [which allegedly are true] one person who once was a devil worshipper was taken to a hotel on Venus [before he became a Christian]. Whether that is true or not I don't know but fact is fallen angels could be anywhere in the universe not just here on earth.
                            Sounds like they may have been a victim of an unconsented hallucination.
                            Comment>

I do believe that we are not the only ones in our universe. God is and has always been able to create whatever he likes. If we can say that He is limited to creating then we are wrong. We might not know about His other creations but I am sure that we are not alone.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap