Discuss science topics such as creation and evolution and how they relate to Christianity.

Can science prove God?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can science prove God?

I do believe that several various fields of academic research, including psychology and it's subcategories, quantum science and especially topics like hypnosis (real hypnosis, not stage hypnosis) are shifting closer and closer towards proving some kind of higher power which many of us may refer to as God. Such research and experimentation is constantly proving that mind is the true creator of our reality and in many ways this theory can be tested with successful results which defy conventional science. In ancient times, philosophers believed in panpsychism, the theory that consciousness (energy, thought, spirit) is universal. Modern day quantum mechanical theories such as biocentricity are proving the same. This had led to an understand of how the bible speaks of Christ-consciousness and how it is within all of us and how it can be used for manifestation. It describes the true nature of mind. Is science, perhaps, about to prove the existence of God? Or are, as quantum physics suggests, we actually the true creators of our own reality?

Originally posted by Drolo View Post
    I do believe that several various fields of academic research, including psychology and it's subcategories, quantum science and especially topics like hypnosis (real hypnosis, not stage hypnosis) are shifting closer and closer towards proving some kind of higher power which many of us may refer to as God. Such research and experimentation is constantly proving that mind is the true creator of our reality and in many ways this theory can be tested with successful results which defy conventional science. In ancient times, philosophers believed in panpsychism, the theory that consciousness (energy, thought, spirit) is universal. Modern day quantum mechanical theories such as biocentricity are proving the same. This had led to an understand of how the bible speaks of Christ-consciousness and how it is within all of us and how it can be used for manifestation. It describes the true nature of mind. Is science, perhaps, about to prove the existence of God? Or are, as quantum physics suggests, we actually the true creators of our own reality?
    Are you familiar with New Ageism?

Comment>

I am not a wide reader nor a science aficionado. But my take on this thread is that science is the ways of man and God has His own ways. Take for instance the mystery life, science can only evaluate what it sees. And based on the observation of scientists, man is born after the egg cell is fertilized by the sperm cell. And man dies when his physical body develops deformity that is anathema to living, i.e. he gets sick. What science cannot see is why a man becomes an embryo and how an embryo becomes alive. Does it have a soul? Does the baby in the womb has a spirit? By the way, what is the difference between the soul and spirit? My definition of the soul is the life itself that when a human dies, the soul is gone. With the spirit, that is the consciousness of the person that when we die, the spirit remains to be alive - that is my opinion and not based on my religious orientation.

So my take on this thread is that science cannot prove God since God is not visible and cannot be observed.
      Comment>

The fools says in his heart, there's no God. Scientists though we think they are smart, God's Word declares that any of them that says there's no God or even tries to prove His existence using science, is a fool. God reveals Himself to man, not the other way round. No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him. And that won't change. Ever.
        Comment>

I don't think science can prove good because they are from two different worlds. It's pretty much like saying, show me pain. Sure, we can feel pain, but it's impossible to see it physically. Our five senses are not prepared to see god as god is something superior that cannot be achieved by science, by our senses, by our mind. It's something from the heart.
          Comment>

What if the very idea of Science is proof that there is a higher being? What if He gave us the ability to discern these unfathomable information that revolve around us? What if He is helping us in more ways than we can count, and that He is the reason why we have the capability of understanding these highly complex ideas? It's not that hard to imagine, right? What if it was His will all along, and that we are just following through His orders?
            Comment>

Theoretically, you should be able to prove the existence of God because everything is proof of his existence but I don't think our current knowledge in science can do it. Like a watch is proof of a watchmaker, a painting is proof of a painter, the laws of physics (and other fields) is proof of God, be we haven't made that leap yet. And we might never because the Apocalypse or our extinction could happen before our knowledge and science reaches that point where we can definitively proof God.
              Comment>

Well here we have another interesting question that has sent me into a mental whirlwind trying to simplify my answer. The first thing that came to mind was remembering when I heard about the God particle or the Higgs Boson, getting all excited thinking that it would do something of the sorts, but of course it is just scientific confusion to me rather than anything definitive or meaningful, which is okay. I really like what LeapOfFaith89 said and the way that it is summed up. Thank you for writing that, because that it an interesting way to look at it.
                Comment>

For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
                  (Romans 1:19-21 ESV)
                  God has revealed himself through his creation. Scientists who study this creation should know more about God because of their studies but too many of them have rejected this knowledge. Whether a scientist believes in God is actually determined before he even begins his study of science. If he is a believer he will find that creation confirms his beliefs; if he isn't his lack of belief will affect how he interprets the evidence he finds and his studies might even draw him further from God.
                  Clyde Herrin's Blog
                  Comment>

I think everything around us is a proof that God exists. From the seas, to the skies, to the trees and everything else, this is all created by God. And every day, little by little, we're discovering that. All of these things around us, they're here because God created them. We are here because God created us. And that for me, is enough proof that God exists. But if science actually aims to prove His existence through their physical ways and means, then they might be disappointed.

God is in all our hearts. We know He is there because we can feel it. We might not actually see Him but we believe in Him. Once we stop believing, he ceases to exist in our hearts and minds. So the truth is, our faith, that is the one that makes us believe. We don't need all these studies, we only need the bible. But if science wants to do so, then go ahead, it's their choice.

In the end, it's what we believe in that leads us to the path of God. And if a scientist isn't a believer of God, then all his studies would show that. On the other hand, a believer would always find ways to connect God with what they learn.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by Deka View Post
                      I think everything around us is a proof that God exists. From the seas, to the skies, to the trees and everything else, this is all created by God. And every day, little by little, we're discovering that. All of these things around us, they're here because God created them. We are here because God created us. And that for me, is enough proof that God exists. But if science actually aims to prove His existence through their physical ways and means, then they might be disappointed.
                      There is enough proof in nature, through general or natural revelation. However, special or divine revelation (Scripture) has it in Romans 1:
                      • 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

God bless,
                      William
                      Comment>

"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible"—Albert Einstein.

But it isn't incomprehensible to us that believe. Our God is a creator and designer of the universe. The great quest is to know Him, through natural and revealed religion.

I know when I see nature bloom in spring, or look into my daughter's eyes when she says "Dah-Do" (her version of daddy), or stare up at the starry sky, I see His work and it touches me to the quick.
                        Comment>

No matter how deep we have studied, we still don't know much about about creation or science. I have always linked the Bible creation story with other creation stories since they talk about something common, time. I do wonder how everything is affected by time and that is why we can not talk about creation without talking about a Creator. Without considering time then we could not understand why planets and stars are where they are. Only God can link this together because space is also another issue. Many also read one side of the creation story without researching more about creation. I believe that God created the universe without any help from anyone or anything.
                          Comment>

No I think that no matter how much scientific research is done, there will probably never be irrefutable evidence of God's existence. This is still in line with Christian faith, because faith in believing in God without having proof is one of the things that is encouraged in the Bible. Or at least in contemporary Christian teaching.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by rootle View Post
                              faith in believing in God without having proof is one of the things that is encouraged in the Bible.
                              No, faith in God is based on the fact that he has proved his existence through his creation.
                              For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
                              (Romans 1:20-21 ESV)
                              By the way, faith doesn't mean believing something without evidence. It means believing something so strongly that you are willing to act on it.
                              Clyde Herrin's Blog
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap