Discuss science topics such as creation and evolution and how they relate to Christianity.

Why Evolution is just as insane as Believing in a Creator ;)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Evolution is just as insane as Believing in a Creator ;)

We believe god made everything.

"Science" says everything came from nothing and then incredibly complex machines assembled themselves from nothing.

Which sounds more insane.

problem is that only one of these religions is teached in our schools :(

Originally posted by S0laScriptur4 View Post
    We believe god made everything.

"Science" says everything came from nothing and then incredibly complex machines assembled themselves from nothing.

Which sounds more insane.

problem is that only one of these religions is teached in our schools :(
    Well actually many MANY MANY scientists still argue over whether the Big Bang happened, and it very well could have.

My main reasoning for saying the Big Bang could've happened is, when God said "Let there be light" think about it for a moment, the Big Bang was this HUGE concentration of energy, and minerals, and components, and light. Did God say "Let there be a sun to light up this place" no, he said "Let there be light" and those words are so powerful, I believe that could've been what scientists believe the "Big Bang" to be.

Also, evolution isn't condemned by the bible, yes, it does say God created creatures, but did it say what these creatures were? Haha, nope. Other than mentioning a serpent (doesn't have to be a snake) it wasn't specified what exactly these creatures were, therefore, for all we know, they could've been tiny organisms that evolved into what we have today.

I'm neutral on evolution, I just am, it's possible, but since the bible has no evidence against or for it, I am merely neutral on the matter, leaning a bit towards evolution, but still, neutral.
    Comment>

Originally posted by AGustOfWind View Post

Well actually many MANY MANY scientists still argue over whether the Big Bang happened, and it very well could have.

My main reasoning for saying the Big Bang could've happened is, when God said "Let there be light" think about it for a moment, the Big Bang was this HUGE concentration of energy, and minerals, and components, and light. Did God say "Let there be a sun to light up this place" no, he said "Let there be light" and those words are so powerful, I believe that could've been what scientists believe the "Big Bang" to be.

Also, evolution isn't condemned by the bible, yes, it does say God created creatures, but did it say what these creatures were? Haha, nope. Other than mentioning a serpent (doesn't have to be a snake) it wasn't specified what exactly these creatures were, therefore, for all we know, they could've been tiny organisms that evolved into what we have today.

I'm neutral on evolution, I just am, it's possible, but since the bible has no evidence against or for it, I am merely neutral on the matter, leaning a bit towards evolution, but still, neutral.
      Do I think we evolved from Neanderthals? Nope, do I think animals could've evolved from other animals? Perhaps.

We don't know. When God made it so the serpent would have to slither around on its belly, perhaps that was a form of what I like to call "planned evolution" or, "planned deevolution" perhaps God didn't immediately take away the serpent's ability to walk or whatever, but rather, maybe it deevolved or evolved into being on its belly because God Planned that bit of evolution to happen.

That's so far, the only thing I can find that maybe sorta supports evolution in the bible, but nothing REALLY says it didn't happen.
      Comment>

The Big Bang is the doctrine of Atheists that there was all the substance of the universe, in the form of energy, within a speck, and that this speck expanded, increasing in complexity and producing the universe as we know it today. It says nothing about where the universe came from in the first place nor does have a mechanism to expand the universe under gravity, which was practically infinite at the start. Some people defend it with saying God created that speck when he said "Let there be light". But, I'm not going to appeal to God to save a stupid doctrine.

Comment>

The early evolutionists held that complex organisms evolved from tiny, less complex unicellular organisms. The problem is, that as microbiology developed as a field of study, it was discovered that there is no such thing as a "simple" cell. I've found that many people who defend evolution, can not even properly explain it, and relate a theory sounding like a version of mystical natural selection (or worse... like, giraffes' necks got longer because they stretched for leaves). I feel that many are not even interested in a discussion of earth age, evolution or creationism at all. They have faith in what "Science" teaches as doctrine, I think, to avoid having to confront the possibility that there may be a God to whom they are accountable.
          Comment>

I know the title is this post was meant in jest, but I also believe that a rational person, if they considered our situation, would have to come to the conclusion that we were either created, or that this planet was seeded by ancient aliens. The earth simply isn't old enough to allow for random mutations to cause a rise in a vast array of life. So while I do not believe in aliens, I do feel it belief in them is much more rational than a belief or "faith" in evolution.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
              I also believe that a rational person, if they considered our situation, would have to come to the conclusion that we were either created, or that this planet was seeded by ancient aliens.
              You are correct, Romans 1 says,

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
              God is clearly revealed through natural or general revelation. However, it is no wonder that if one rejects and/or suppresses the obvious truth that they will also reject special revelation.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

It's difficult to try and comprehend "a beginning", a start of all things, life as we know it, existence in itself. This is outside of the realm of human understanding and most attempts at trying to answer the conumdrum fall short. How everything started we may never know but in our short time here we have been able to observe that adaptation is a major part of the natural world. What this means for humans is still not known exactly and whilst evolution may be a step too far for most it's clear the majority of life forms on earth have adapted from something else or in the process of developing into something else.
                Comment>

The first and second laws of thermodynamics demonstrate that the Universe is dying and winding down from an ultimate heat death. What has an ending has a beginning and therefore finite. These two laws in thermodynamics that have never been observed to contradict nature, which in itself, if wrong, demonstrates absolutely no certainty on the part of science.

Furthermore, Creationist are not arguing against micro evolution, or adaptive variation or environmental adaptation, but rather that macro-evolution has never been observed in nature. That is, never has one Genus produced another Genus, example, breeding dogs has resulted in a cat or elephant.

Lastly, Darwinian evolution is not observable, repeatable or testable. Therefore, it hardly qualifies as science, but rather a fictional narration of the secular "religion".

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

The main reason why I believe in a Creator is because we are so intricately designed. And what does that mean? Behind all these, our genetic makeup and intricate details of how nerves and everything inside us work, it means that someone must have designed this.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
                    -Psalm 139:14

Furthermore, all these fossils that archeologists have found seem to contradict the millions of years timeline. But they go in line with the time of the flood in the bible, meaning that, these fossils might have been remains of the people during that time. Plus, there seems to be evidences that prove that it is from flooding that's why these people have died.

I would suggest looking into Carl Wieland's explanation about the theory of evolution and why it doesn't make much sense.
                    Comment>

The problem here is that none of the answers actually have the answer. The theory of evolution (or natural selection) does not and cannot explain existence. Neither would the existence of a creator. Evolution itself would have had to have started in some way by something, just as the existence of God would have had to have been started by something. Who or what started or created evolution? If a creator exists, who or what created the creator? The questions cannot be answered and so because the sceptical can't find the answers they claim that something came from nothing despite the fact that science acknowledges that such a thing is impossible - in other words, science defies itself! Thought is the answer. I think therefore I am.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Drolo View Post
                        If a creator exists, who or what created the creator?
                        If the creator is eternal and has no beginning or end he doesn't need a creator.
                        Clyde Herrin's Blog
                        Comment>

Originally posted by Drolo View Post
                          Evolution itself would have had to have started in some way by something, just as the existence of God would have had to have been started by something.
                          Why would a necessarily existing, uncaused, spaceless, timeless, immaterial being need a creator?
                          Last edited by Origen; 05-18-2016, 01:31 PM.
                          Comment>

Do I think we evolved from Neanderthals? Nope, do I think animals could've evolved from other animals? Perhaps.
                            you're so correct, we did not come from animals. now to shake up the establish community in here. I believe that MAN was "FORMED" on GENERATION day 3 and was made/created MALE and FEMALE on day 6. with that said, it eliminates any notions of Man evolving from any animals. for man was "FORMED" before any animal on day 3. well i know I'll get some responses now.
                            may God bless.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by G101 View Post
                              now to shake up the establish community in here.
                              Not really. We have heard every silly thing imaginable and yours is no different.

Originally posted by G101 View Post
                              I believe that MAN was "FORMED" on GENERATION day 3 and was made/created MALE and FEMALE on day 6.
                              No really cares what you believe. I care about what you can prove and what I have seen that amounts to nothing. Moreover, the Hebrew proves you wrong.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap