Judeo-Christian?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judeo-Christian?

Judeo-Christian is an oxymoron. Judaism rejects Jesus Christ as the Messiah. There is absolutely no merging these two beliefs. Jews are said to worship in "synagogues of Satan", which Christians are not to take part in. There are historical connections, but as for worship they are very far apart. Look at the Judaisers in the Book of Acts, trying to put Paul to death for preaching Jesus Christ. We are talking serious differences here.

Originally posted by Stratcat View Post
    Judao-Christian is an oxymoron. Judaism rejects Jesus Christ as the Messiah. There is absolutely no merging these two beliefs. Jews are said to worship in "synagogues of Satan", which Christians are not to take part in. There are historical connections, but as for worship they are very far apart. Look at the Judaisers in the Book of Acts, trying to put Paul to death for preaching Jesus Christ. We are talking serious differences here.
    Judeo you mean?

God bless,
    William

Comment>

Right. I got Harry Belafonte in there... Day-O... Daaay-O. The banana boat song.
      Comment>

The term Judeo-Christian is meant to convey the Jewish Scriptures of the Old Testament included in the Bible, so the moral foundations laid down in Judaism are upheld in Christianity. The foundations of Judeo-Christians can be summarized in the “Golden Rule” which Jesus taught His disciples in Matthew 7:12, “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.”

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
          The term Judeo-Christian is meant to convey the Jewish Scriptures of the Old Testament included in the Bible
          Why not just say "Christian"? How are people using the term? I think the problem with the term is that for many people it may imply theological legitimacy to rejecting Jesus.
          Comment>

What Cornelius says is my concern as well.
            Comment>

Didn't say I agree or use it, but I am conveying the proper use of the Term. The term probably is most proper when describing our nation.

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

I'll give that some thought. There are many in this nation who are anti-Semites and anti/or-Christian.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap