Let's look back to God's love.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's look back to God's love.

Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. (kjv)

When I read these two Bible verses, I have a picture of God and Adam in my mind, it is a touching and warm picture. God created Adam and commanded him which trees might be eaten freely and which tree shouldn't be eaten, at the same time, God told him the result of eating the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Just as the mother tells her child what he can do and what he can't do. From these two verses, I feel God's love. In the course of my believing in the Lord, when I encounter Satan's temptation, I often come to the Lord to pray, asking the Lord to keep me not falling into Satan's temptation. After praying, I will remember Ten Commandments and the Lord's instructions, then I have the courage of prevailing over Satan's temptation. The Lord's words give me the forward direction. I hope everyone will share the Lord's love.

A personal observation on the story of the Adam and the Tree:

In Genesis 2:8-9 we learn that God placed the Tree in the middle of the garden that he had created for Adam. God could have placed the tree on a mountain across an ocean from Adam, but he didn't. God placed the tree where Adam would walk past it every day. Every day Adam had the choice to trust/believe/obey God or not. We tend to focus on that fateful day when Adam made the wrong choice, but how many times did Adam walk past that tree and honor God with his act of obedience.

It kind of reminds me of my life. Every day I am faced with the choice to trust/believe/obey God or not. Every time I can walk past my Tree, like God said, is a small act of obedience ... a gift from me to God. When those fateful days come around when I make a bad choice, and they inevitably do, then Jesus is there to pick me up, wipe away the tears, tell me I am forgiven, and send me on my way.

It is a long, long journey. I am glad to not be all alone on it.
    Comment>

Originally posted by atpollard View Post

In Genesis 2:8-9 we learn that God placed the Tree in the middle of the garden that he had created for Adam. God could have placed the tree on a mountain across an ocean from Adam, but he didn't. God placed the tree where Adam would walk past it every day. Every day Adam had the choice to trust/believe/obey God or not. We tend to focus on that fateful day when Adam made the wrong choice, but how many times did Adam walk past that tree and honor God with his act of obedience.

It kind of reminds me of my life. Every day I am faced with the choice to trust/believe/obey God or not. Every time I can walk past my Tree, like God said, is a small act of obedience ... a gift from me to God. When those fateful days come around when I make a bad choice, and they inevitably do, then Jesus is there to pick me up, wipe away the tears, tell me I am forgiven, and send me on my way.

"When those fateful days come around when I make a bad choice, and they inevitably do, then Jesus is there to pick me up, wipe away the tears, tell me I am forgiven, and send me on my way." Is that what Jesus did with Adam? Is that what Jesus did with Judas? Do you have a verse that says something like you're saying? Hebrews 10:26-27 "For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries." That has a bit of a different tone from your post, doesn't it?

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but there is at attitude in many churches today that sin is okay (especially world-approved sins), because God will forgive you. But, there is no forgiveness apart from repentance, that is, a change of heart.

I also don't like Christians wallowing in woundedness. We're children of the Almighty King. It's unbecoming to be crying over a skinned knee. Imagine the Apostle Paul acting that way, "I was stoned and left for dead, but Jesus picked me up and wiped away my tears." Nope, Paul just got up and went back to preaching the Gospel.
      Comment>

@Cornelius
        Point taken, but even Paul whined three times for God to remove the thorn ... so a little 'wallowing' might be expected. :)
        Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post

"When those fateful days come around when I make a bad choice, and they inevitably do, then Jesus is there to pick me up, wipe away the tears, tell me I am forgiven, and send me on my way." Is that what Jesus did with Adam? Is that what Jesus did with Judas? Do you have a verse that says something like you're saying? Hebrews 10:26-27 "For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries." That has a bit of a different tone from your post, doesn't it?

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but there is at attitude in many churches today that sin is okay (especially world-approved sins), because God will forgive you. But, there is no forgiveness apart from repentance, that is, a change of heart.

I also don't like Christians wallowing in woundedness. We're children of the Almighty King. It's unbecoming to be crying over a skinned knee. Imagine the Apostle Paul acting that way, "I was stoned and left for dead, but Jesus picked me up and wiped away my tears." Nope, Paul just got up and went back to preaching the Gospel.
          After reading your reply, I'd like to seek the truth of how to overcome sin with you. In everyday life, I'd like to act the Lord's will according to the Lord's words in my heart. But I always do something despite myself and don't act the Lord's will. For example, when I read the Bible verses, "Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."(Matthew 18:21-22)(kjv), from the Lord's words, I know that when someone offends me, I should forgive him. But when my friend offended me due to her words, I thought I should forgive her, but I failed to do that. I didn't forgive her until she apologized. I really don't like that. Could you share your experience about how to overcome sin.

God bless you

Comment>

Originally posted by Jennifer View Post
            But when my friend offended me due to her words, I thought I should forgive her, but I failed to do that. I didn't forgive her until she apologized. I really don't like that.
            Why would you forgive anyone if they do not apologize or demonstrate repentance? If you just forgive someone without them apologizing or showing repentance are you not just forgiving for your own benefit? Forgiveness is supposed to relieve the guilt associated with a guilty conscience. Seems rather self-centered just to forgive for one's own sake.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Why would you forgive anyone if they do not apologize or demonstrate repentance? If you just forgive someone without them apologizing or showing repentance are you not just forgiving for your own benefit? Forgiveness is supposed to relieve the guilt associated with a guilty conscience. Seems rather self-centered just to forgive for one's own sake.

God bless,
              William
              After reading your reply, I think of a problem, when someone encounters one thing, if he chooses to practise the Lord's words, perhaps he will be faced with losing his own benefit, what should he do? Because the final decision involves my own benefit, I think it is difficult to practise the Lord's words for me, it is a marvel that someone practises the Lord's words.
              Today, I read the Bible verses as follows:
              Genesis 22:2-3 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of. And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him. (kjv)
              Genesis 22:9-10 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. (kjv)
              Genesis 22:16-18 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son. That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies. And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice. (kjv)
              From these verses, I know God let Abraham offer up his only son, his beloved Isaac, as a burnt offering. Abraham did it according to God's words. But lastly God didn't take away Isaac's life, on the contrary, God blessed Abraham, and in multiplying God multiplied his seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is on the sea shore. When Abraham was faced with choosing, it must be difficult for him, however, he chose to obey God's words, offering up his only son as a burnt offering. God saw his true heart and his obedience, so God blessed him. Afterwards when I encounter something, I'd like to try to obey God's words, perhaps it is difficult, but I am willing to pray to God, asking Him to give me faith and strength.

God bless you
              Comment>

May I suggest a good read: What you need to know about forgiveness.

God bless,
                William
                Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

God bless,
                  William
                  Why would you die for anyone if they do not apologize or demonstrate repentance? If you just die for someone without them apologizing or showing repentance are you not just dying for your own benefit? Death is supposed to relieve the guilt associated with a guilty conscience. Seems rather self-centered just to die for one's own sake.
                  Comment>

I was in a difficult situation once when people tried to make me literally crazy.

Later on I found it very difficult to forgive them, believers.

I got the heavenly gift of forgiving them and that gift was followed with an incapability
                    to even try to be angry at them any more.

I see this being the way G-d forgives.
                    Comment>

Originally posted by slippy View Post

Why would you die for anyone if they do not apologize or demonstrate repentance? If you just die for someone without them apologizing or showing repentance are you not just dying for your own benefit? Death is supposed to relieve the guilt associated with a guilty conscience. Seems rather self-centered just to die for one's own sake.
                      Do you believe in a universal and/or unlimited atonement Slippy?
                      Comment>

This is how I red your post.

About forgiving. Yhwh did forgive everyone in Yeshua,
                        it awaits.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by atpollard View Post

Thanks for your response. From it, I feel the Lord Jesus' love and salvation. I hope I can have more communication with you. Today I read these Bible verses, “Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel. Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also. When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.” (Matthew 2:1-11) (kjv) From these Bible verses, I see that when the wise men saw the young Lord Jesus, they fell down and worshipped Him. Their attitudes towards the young Lord Jesus are worth following by us. It is said in the Bible that the Lord Jesus will return, what should we do when we face the return of the Lord Jesus? Could you share your opinion with me?
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap