Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan 5:5-7

Daniel 5:5-7 King James Version (KJV)

5 In the same hour came forth fingers of a man's hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king's palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.
    6 Then the king's countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another.
    7 The king cried aloud to bring in the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the soothsayers. And the king spake, and said to the wise men of Babylon, Whosoever shall read this writing, and shew me the interpretation thereof, shall be clothed with scarlet, and have a chain of gold about his neck, and shall be the third ruler in the kingdom.

CLV 5 In the same hour came forth fingers of a mortal's hand writing, in the light received from the lampstand, on the stuccoed sidewall of the king's palace. And the king is perceiving the fingertip of the hand that is writing." 6 Then the king's mien alters and his ruminations are flustering him; the ligaments of his loins loosen up, and his knees are knocking one against the other." 7 Calling is the king with potency to bring in the magi, the sacred scribes, the Chaldeans, and the hieromancers. Responding is the king and saying to the wise men of Babylon that, "Any mortal who will read this writing and disclose its interpretation to me shall be clothed in purple, with a circlet of gold about his neck, and as the third one in the kingdom shall he have authority."

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

5 This would have been a very strange thing to see, it would have gotten everyone’s attention, and they may have thought they saw something until they realized everyone saw it.

6 This made the king freak out to say the least this was a fear on him that nothing else could bring, this was from God but would not cause him to turn to God.

7 This shows how important it was for the king to have this interpreted because he was going to place them third in the kingdom, it is determined that he shared his kingdom so third was the next position he could give without losing his kingdom. It was common for them to call on these wise men to find out things, God uses this.
Working...
X
Articles - News - SiteMap