Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan 6:19-20

Daniel 6:19-20 King James Version (KJV)
    19 Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in haste unto the den of lions.
    20 And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?

CLV 19 Then the king is rising at reveille, in the brightness of the dawn." 20 In a fluster he departs to the vault of the lions, and, as he is near the vault, he cries out to Daniel in a staunch voice. Calling is the king to Daniel and saying, "Daniel, servant of the living Eloah, your Eloah Whom you are serving in abidance, He could deliver you from the mouths of the lions?

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

19 The king got up to go see Daniel as soon as he could because Daniel had to spend the night in the lions den so the king could not do anything before morning.

20 The king showed faith in the Lord, even though he turned to Him in faith, because he believed Daniel could still believe alive, if someone lost showed this much faith how much more should we show.

Originally posted by clark thompson View Post
    Daniel 6:19-20 King James Version (KJV)
    19 Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in haste unto the den of lions.
    20 And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?

CLV 19 Then the king is rising at reveille, in the brightness of the dawn." 20 In a fluster he departs to the vault of the lions, and, as he is near the vault, he cries out to Daniel in a staunch voice. Calling is the king to Daniel and saying, "Daniel, servant of the living Eloah, your Eloah Whom you are serving in abidance, He could deliver you from the mouths of the lions?

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

19 The king got up to go see Daniel as soon as he could because Daniel had to spend the night in the lions den so the king could not do anything before morning.

20 The king showed faith in the Lord, even though he turned to Him in faith, because he believed Daniel could still believe alive, if someone lost showed this much faith how much more should we show.
    Hi Clark,

Glad to see you again :)

Personally, I see no statement of faith, but rather doubt in question.

What changed the day Darius sentenced Daniel, to that night, or the next morning? Nothing, Darius was a coward that did not stand up against his nobles. He could of done that day of the sentence, anytime during the night, but he waited until morning.

I think the greatest message from Daniel's story would not come to fruition until some 600 years later, when the Magi would search out the Messiah. Daniel was an influential government official in Babylon and foretold the coming of the Messiah (Daniel 9:24–26). I think a lot of the credit towards the Magi knowing Hebrew Scripture could go to Daniel ..... evident by God's plan, revealed some three chapters later as to the coming of the Messiah over half a century more.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap