Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan 6:13-14

Daniel 6:13-14 King James Version (KJV)

13 Then answered they and said before the king, That Daniel, which is of the children of the captivity of Judah, regardeth not thee, O king, nor the decree that thou hast signed, but maketh his petition three times a day.
    14 Then the king, when he heard these words, was sore displeased with himself, and set his heart on Daniel to deliver him: and he laboured till the going down of the sun to deliver him.
    Daniel 6:13-14

CLV 13 Then they respond and are saying before the king, "Daniel, who is of the sons of the deportation of Judah, does not promulgate for you, O king, the decree, the interdict that you signed:At stated times, thrice in the day, he is petitioning his petitions before his Eloah." 14Then the king, when he hears the matter, is enormously in bad odor to himself. As to Daniel he sets his heart to deliver him; thus till sunset he is exerting himself to rescue him."
    These are my thoughts, please share yours.

13 Their plan worked they got Daniel and turned him in, Daniel was much more then just a captive but that is how they saw him. Sometimes people see us with a label and they won’t let us be in their eyes more then that.

14 The king did not want to send Daniel in the lions den but the problem was it was already law and had to be done.

Originally posted by clark thompson View Post
    13 Their plan worked they got Daniel and turned him in, Daniel was much more then just a captive but that is how they saw him. Sometimes people see us with a label and they won’t let us be in their eyes more then that.

14 The king did not want to send Daniel in the lions den but the problem was it was already law and had to be done.
    Hi Clark,

I think a major issue was that the king was fearful of disunity, and much like Pilate, both men were surrounded by wicked counsel. Darius allowed an innocent man to suffer because he was too fearful, just as Pilate allowed an innocent man to be crucified. This is a clear case of men being fearful of losing any reputation before other men.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Hi Clark,

I think a major issue was that the king was fearful of disunity, and much like Pilate, both men were surrounded by wicked counsel. Darius allowed an innocent man to suffer because he was too fearful, just as Pilate allowed an innocent man to be crucified. This is a clear case of men being fearful of losing any reputation before other men.

God bless,
      William
      Yeah, this also appears to be an example of the folly of being prideful. The three conniving so-called wisemen appealed to Darius' ego to get what they wanted.

I was told and got the impression from reading the next verses that the king probably favored and even liked Daniel. Darius fasted, wouldn't receive entertainment, and went to the den early anxiously wondering if Daniel's God had delivered him.

Man, I love the Book of Daniel! It showcases God's sovereignty, majesty, mercy and infinite wisdom. :cool:
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap