Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Creation of Adam & Eve in the Image and Likeness of God - Gen.1:26-27

From a Different Perspective:

In the Day Adam and Eve were Created in the image and likeness of God..... both have already committed their "original sins"; already kick-out at the garden of Eden; Cain had already killed Abel.

This Biblical Creation Event took place only AFTER Man started calling upon the name of the Lord... during Seth' generations (Gen. 4:26; 5:1-3).

IOW, Both A&E were the 1st couple to be Redeemed by the Lord by being "Born Again" spiritually, in the image and likeness of God.

1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is Spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is Spiritual.

Note: The above analogy is based on My Own Perspective of the Scripture.

Originally posted by 2Pillars View Post
    IOW, Both A&E were the 1st couple to be Redeemed by the Lord by being "Born Again" spiritually, in the image and likeness of God.
    At the very least, we can say that Adam and Eve's sin were atoned for by the shedding of blood through a temporary sacrifice provided by God in Genesis 3:21. The sacrifice was merely a foreshadowing (typology) of His coming which provided a once and all sacrifice through His crucifixion.

Adam and Eve were shown mercy through God's promise in Genesis 3:15:

I will put enmity between you and the woman,
    and between your offspring[a] and her offspring;
    he shall bruise your head,
    and you shall bruise his heel.”

OT saints had a forward looking faith to His coming as we ourselves have a historical rearward looking faith of Him having come. Having demonstrated faith in God, I believe one must say Eve was regenerated.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

At the very least, we can say that Adam and Eve's sin were atoned for by the shedding of blood through a temporary sacrifice provided by God in Genesis 3:21. The sacrifice was merely a foreshadowing (typology) of His coming which provided a once and all sacrifice through His crucifixion.

Adam and Eve were shown mercy through God's promise in Genesis 3:15:

I will put enmity between you and the woman,
      and between your offspring[a] and her offspring;
      he shall bruise your head,
      and you shall bruise his heel.”

OT saints had a forward looking faith to His coming as we ourselves have a historical rearward looking faith of Him having come. Having demonstrated faith in God, I believe one must say Eve was regenerated.

God bless,
      William

Based on my understanding of the Scripture....

It takes the AGREEMENT of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to Create an Eternal Spiritual Being...or to be “Born Again” spiritually in the image and likeness of God. Just as God told us in....

Genesis 1:26:And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.... “

The atonement of A&E’ sin took place after the AGREEMENT of "US" (Gen. 1:26-27) and during the time when Man started to call upon the name of the Lord (seeking forgiveness - typology) in Gen. 4:26. God who is compassionate and very rich in mercy, decided to make them a quickening spirit.

1 Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit

The foreshadowing of the coming of the Son of God sacrificed death through crucifixion can be alluded to.... Abraham willingness to sacrifice his own beloved son Isaac into a burnt offering because of his obedience and fear of God (Gen.22). But of course, God would NOT allow that happen... since, Abraham was only being tested of his obedience and his fear of the Almighty God.

Instead, God sent forth his Son into our physical world and made flesh to die for our sins..

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

I consider John 3:16 as "The Greatest Love of All"...

God bless
      Comment>

Adam was "formed" or shaped (as a potter would mold a clay)... from the dust of the ground, becoming a Natural living Soul... This Event took place on the 3rd Day AFTER Adam's Earth was made but BEFORE the plants GREW. Gen 2:4-7 .....

Adam was Born Again or "CREATED spiritually in the Image and likeness of God, on the 6th Day .... at the SAME time Eve was "created in God's Image". Gen 1:27 AND Gen 5:1-3.. as indicated in the OP.

Gen 5:1-3
        v1This is the book of the generations of Adam.In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

v2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

v3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

As you can see, Cain, who was a Murderer and a Liar from the beginning, was NOT part of the generations of Adam, In The Day, they were created in the image or likeness of God.

This Creation Event took place only duringthe time of Seth’s generations.... after man began to call upon the name of the Lord (Gen.4:26).

1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is Spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is Spiritual.

Note: it is therefore, my humble Biblical Opinion that... Not everybody is created in the image and likeness of God, unless one is Born Again, spiritually above.

Comment>

There actually are two accounts of creation in Genesis. Adam and Eve were first created as spirit beings, in the image of God. Afterwards Adam was given a physical body and Eve created from a rib taken from Adam's body.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Smithee View Post
            There actually are two accounts of creation in Genesis. Adam and Eve were first created as spirit beings, in the image of God. Afterwards Adam was given a physical body and Eve created from a rib taken from Adam's body.
            1 Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. v46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

To be born Spiritually is to be born Eternally. It takes the agreement of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for one to be born of the Spirit.

To say that one can then die Spiritually would mean that God made a mistake creating a Spiritual Being
            to begin with. This, of course, is impossible, since God sees the end from the beginning, and would Never make one Spiritually, and then lose them.

Just my Humble Biblical Opinion.

Comment>

Here' how you reconcile Man being made /formed on the 3rd day of Genesis:

Genesis 2:4-7 shows that man was formed of the dust the ground on the THIRD Day:

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

As you noticed, the Earth was made on the THIRD Day. Gen 1:9-10 These verses are documenting the events of the THIRD Day.

5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. v6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Notice that these verses are continuing to identify the time on the THIRD Day BEFORE the plants, herbs, and Trees GREW. Gen 1:12-13

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

On the THIRD Day, the SAME Day the Earth was made but BEFORE the plants GREW, the LORD made man of the dust of the ground. Correct?

Read the next verses which confirm once again that Scripture is speaking of the THIRD Day.

8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom He had formed. 9 And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Notice that the Trees were made AFTER the LORD made Adam on the THIRD Day in total agreement with Gen 1:12-13.

Also notice that man wasn't "created" but was formed out of dust becoming a natural living soul. In fact, Adam wasn't even created in the image and likeness of God until AFTER Eve was made from his rib on the 6th Day. Gen 2:22 .. and committed their “original sin by disobeying our Lord’s commandment.

IOW, Adam was physically formed on the 3rd Day and created in God's Image and likeness or Born Again Spiritually and Eternally,…. after A&E already have committed their original sin ; AFTER Cain had already killed Abel…The actual Creation Event took place during Seth’ generations… only when Man started to call upon the name of the Lord - Gen 4:26; Gen 5:1-2

Amen?
              Comment>

Genesis 1 is an Outline of ALL of the events leading to the Creation of the Perfect Heaven. Most of the rest of the Bible refers to the present 6th Day, but ALL of the Bible refers to the events of God's 6 Creative Days. That's why we are taken back to the 3rd Day at Gen 2:4. The narrative is adding details to the events listed in Gen 1. Both accounts agree totally and in detail.

What is amazing is that God wrote our History more than 3,000 years ago, and the events at the end of the present 6th Day are still Future.

IOW, God told the complete story of the Creation in Genesis 1 and beginning at Gen 2:4, we begin to learn the details of the events of Genesis 1.

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and*there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, v10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

God bless
                Comment>

Genesis 1 is an Outline of ALL of the events leading to the Creation of the Perfect Heaven. Most of the rest of the Bible refers to the present 6th Day, but ALL of the Bible refers to the events of God's 6 Creative Days. That's why we are taken back to the 3rd Day at Gen 2:4. The narrative is adding details to the events listed in Gen 1. Both accounts agree totally and in detail.

What is amazing is that God wrote our History more than 3,000 years ago, and the events at the end of the present 6th Day are still Future.

IOW, God told the complete story of the Creation in Genesis 1 and beginning at Gen 2:4, we begin to learn the details of the events of Genesis 1.

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and*there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, v10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

God bless
                  na, sorry 2piilars you're way off base there.

if the 6th day is the present where is the seventh that the Lord told Israel to honor? The Lord was specific in stating that it WAS the day He rested. therefore back in the days of Moses the seventh day was the past . so you would have to be incorrect about what the bible means in reference to your statement that the 6th day is the present.

now as far as Adam and Eve eating of the tree and dying of the Life they where originally given happened on the 6th day is correct. but they died that day of the Life God originally gave them which would have everything to do with the likeness and image of God, but the Lord left them to continue in the life of dust to dust and ashes to ashes which is the same life in the flesh animals had already at that time, which has nothing to do with the image and likeness of God.

but there's no real evidence scripturally, that Cain an Abel where during the 6th day. and scripturally "born again' as in baptized in the Holy Spirit as a permanent thing. didn't really come from anyone but Jesus Christ. yes there are those who in the past before Jesus came into the world that experienced the Presence and Power of the Holy Spirit but "born again" is to receive the Life Christ gave, which wasn't available to the world until Christ gave it. which doesn't mean those who waited for that promise, like Abraham for example, didn't receive it when Jesus gave it.
                  Comment>

Dear Martin,

Like most young earthers, you cannot use Scripture to support your opinions. You can only use your interpretational methods which don't agree with Scripture, Science, nor History. You base your "proper interpretation" on your religion's views.

Genesis 1 shows that God has 6 Creative Days, and 1 Day of Rest which will Never End. The Un-Scriptural idea, that God's 6 Creative Days and the 1 Day of Rest in Genesis are 24 hour periods of Time, is refuted by Scripture.

Since God sees the end from the beginning, Isa 46:10 He wrote the complete HISTORY of His Seven Days in the first 34 verses of Genesis. At Gen 2:4 the narrative RETURNS to the details of the THIRD Day.

We live Today at Gen 1:27.... the rest of Gen 1:28-30 is still a prophecy and never happened yet. It will take place only AFTER Jesus returns at Armageddon. Only then, the six day of Genesis will end.

The 7th Day of God has no End - No morning nor evening is recorded = Eternity. - The Age of Joy.

May the good Lord share you more understanding and wisdom.
                    Comment>

Like most young earthers, you cannot use Scripture to support your opinions. You can only use your interpretational methods which don't agree with Scripture, Science, nor History. You base your "proper interpretation" on your religion's views.
                      lol You have got to be kidding? Your interpretive methods has no basis in reality.
                      Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
                        lol You have got to be kidding? Your interpretive methods has no basis in reality.
                        Genesis 1 tells the complete story of the Creation of the Perfect Heaven. God completes His work in 6 Days, and Genesis 2 tells us of the 7th Day when God will Rest (Heb-Shabath-Cease to Create). Scripture tells us that God rested from ALL His work, which He had Created and Made.

Jesus tells us that the Father and He are still working Today... John 5:17.... My Father worketh hitherto (Greek- up to the present time), and I work... and most Christians believe that God, the Holy Ghost is still continuing their work of Creating Mankind in their image and likeness, spiritually, Today.

In addition to it, Isa 65:17 also tells us that... He's still Creating New Heavens and a New Earth:... preparing a place for all Christians to live in, when this present world is burned.

Now, please explain to us, Why God had to stop His work for 24 hours, at the beginning, and violate the Truth of the 7th Day, which shows that God Rested from ALL of His work that he Created and Made.

The answer is simple. God will Not Rest until mankind eats of the Tree of Life in Heaven. Rev. 22:2 which fulfills the prophecy of Gen. 1:29.

If you doubt this, then show us of a Time in History, when ALL Christian Mankind has been given to eat of EVERY TREE including the Tree of Life. No? I thought so.

Comment>

In addition to it, Isa 65:17 also tells us that... He's still Creating New Heavens and a New Earth:... preparing a place for all Christians to live in, when this present world is burned.
                          Isa 65:17 says no such thing. It is still the same noun, "heavens," and it is always plural. There is no "heaven" (i.e. singular) in Hebrew. This is just what I mean. You have no understanding of the Hebrew language or text. Every occurrence of the Hebrew word for "heaven" is plural.

Now, please explain to us, Why God had to stop His work for 24 hours, at the beginning, and violate the Truth of the 7th Day, which shows that God Rested from ALL of His work that he Created and Made.
                          I never said he did. That proves just what I said else where. You have not read my posts. Thus there is no need for me to defend something I never said.
                          Comment>
                          Working...
                          X
                          Articles - News - SiteMap