How do you experience these verses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you experience these verses?

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)(kjv)
    Recently, I have read these verses, I try to work out how to reach these verses in my heart. Today the Lord arranged some environments which let me understand a little the meanings of these verses. This afternoon, I wanted to have a meeting at one sister's home. We fixed the time at 13:30. But It was past 13 o'clock when I went out. I should be late if I took subway as normal because I need walk about 20 minutes first, there is a bit far from my home to the subway station. I prayed to the Lord in my heart at that time:"Oh the Lord, what should I do? I prefer to hand it over to you and rely on you. May you lead me. Amen." Then I called my colleague. He said:"My friend just drives out, he will pass the subway station you'll get to, you can take his car." I was so happy to give praise to the Lord. All went smoothly after that and finally I arrived at the sister's home in the shortest time. I took bus to go back home after meeting. But I forgot to press the stop button when I arrived, I could only get off at the next station. I was distressed when I returned back by taking a heavy bag and by the will to do something in a hurry. At that time, I remembered these verses and awared that I was happy on good conditions after my notions, but why was not I happy on bad circumstances which didn't meet my notions. All things ruled by Lord are good, there must be goodwill from God by such bad circumstances too. I should be happy to face instead of distress. When I was thinking about these, my heart turned bright. How do you experience these verses? Looking forward to your sharing.

I'm thankful that Jesus cared enough to die for me and if you think about it, how many people would you die for? There are lots of people that I wouldn't die for.
    I'm thankful that Jesus turned my life around from sin and gave me a new nature.
    I'm thankful that God has given us the truth in the Bible.
    And then it could be worse down here but the Holy Spirit is the restraining influence and God has dealt with the giants, He has dealt with some of the angels putting them into prison, and putting a hedge around us.
    God has given us a way through His plan of redemption and salvation.

People say that worry is the absence of prayer and I'm one of those over thinkers that is constantly thinking..

In my sense, I have a hard life because a lot of people hurt me and I still hurt. I hurt.. I haven't suffered as some people have but a lot of people are mean to me. I have family members ruining the family.
    I had to put myself through college and I work a lot leaving me not a lot of time for friends. And I put studying the Bible ahead of having a lot of time for friends.

I spent years doing evangelism and I'm doing it all alone because the reality is that I can count the number of people who have given me the gospel in my life on one hand.
    I get beat up on Christian message boards and non Christian message boards. I would call pastors for help and they would tell me they were too busy to help in apologetics.
    I bought my own Christian books at risk to myself because I wanted to know the truth. And I wish to pass those books on when I'm gone so that others don't have to reinvent the wheel.
    In England my friend says witnessing gets him a knuckle sandwich. I get called all sorts of names from people who hate Christianity and then the same people who hate Christianity have the nerve to blame me.

And if you have had a good life then you wouldn't notice it until you consider that we can't take anything out of this life except those whom we have a chance to save. Therefore we will all suffer loss because we can't take anything with us.

I prefer to pray these verses:

Psalm 73:23 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
    Psalm 73:24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

Dear Loving Father, I pray that you hold me and guide us/me in your right hand to lead us/me and guide us/me and then receive us/me to glory, In Jesus' name, Amen.
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap