Do you understand this verse?(Revelation1:8)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you understand this verse?(Revelation1:8)

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.(Revelation1:8)
    God is the Beginning and the End; God is the Sower and the Reaper.God has only one . God becomes flesh expressly for the purpose of ushering in a new age,and, of course, when He ushers in a new age, He has concluded the former age at the same time.Now in the last days , God decends among man, and save man from influence of Satan.

Originally posted by Merry Linna View Post
    I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.(Revelation1:8)
    God is the Beginning and the End; God is the Sower and the Reaper.
    God has only one . God becomes flesh expressly for the purpose of ushering in a new age,and, of course, when He ushers in a new age, He has concluded the former age at the same time.Now in the last days , God decends among man, and save man from influence of Satan.
    Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh to reconcile us to Himself.

Jesus puts us in him and he puts himself in us that is reconciliation.

In the Old Testament, God calls HIMSELF THE FIRST AND THE LAST. That is exactly what Jesus calls himself in Revelation!

Isaiah 44:6 "This is what the LORD says--Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

JESUS calls HIMSELF the FIRST and the LAST in Revelation 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

Read Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    Comment>

Originally posted by First Love View Post
      Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh to reconcile us to Himself.
      Is that what you really wanted to say? Perhaps you mean that Jesus is God the Son?
      Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
        Is that what you really wanted to say? Perhaps you mean that Jesus is God the Son?
        There is only one God, and He is the Father. Since Jesus is God, then he must also be the one God the Father come in the flesh as a Son.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Would you like scriptures where Jesus calls himself a father?
        Comment>

There is only one God, and He is the Father. Since Jesus is God, then he must also be the one God the Father come in the flesh as a Son.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Would you like scriptures where Jesus calls himself a father?
          Sure why not.

Comment>

Sure why not.
            Scriptures that say Jesus is God the Father:

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.

1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

The ROCK that FATHERED them was Christ.

Jesus says those who overcome he will be their GOD and they will be his CHILDREN.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

If we are Jesus' children, then he is our Father.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Did you read that scripture? Who but a Father will not leave children as orphans?

Jesus says when you SEE him, you have SEEN the Father.

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? John 12:45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

That means when we see Jesus, we can say, "I see the Father."

God says Jesus will be called God, Father, and Holy Spirit. So that is what I call Jesus.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Malachi 2:10 Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

WHO created them? Jesus did and the scripture calls him the Father.
            Comment>

1 John 5:7
              [7]For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Next time I see a JW...
              Comment>

Scriptures that say Jesus is God the Father:

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.

1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

The ROCK that FATHERED them was Christ.

Jesus says those who overcome he will be their GOD and they will be his CHILDREN.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

If we are Jesus' children, then he is our Father.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Did you read that scripture? Who but a Father will not leave children as orphans?

Jesus says when you SEE him, you have SEEN the Father.

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? John 12:45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me.

That means when we see Jesus, we can say, "I see the Father."

God says Jesus will be called God, Father, and Holy Spirit. So that is what I call Jesus.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Malachi 2:10 Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

WHO created them? Jesus did and the scripture calls him the Father.
                None of those quotes have Jesus calling himself father. Is that not what you said?

Comment>

Originally posted by wfredeemed009 View Post
                  1 John 5:7
                  [7]For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Next time I see a JW...
                  I am not a JW, for I know Jesus is God.

There are three, and the three are one and the same.
                  One even means 'same'.
                  Comment>

None of those quotes have Jesus calling himself father. Is that not what you said?
                    It does matter what translation you use, if that is your issue; however, all translations say the saved are Jesus' 'children'.

Who but a father and mother can rightfully, and legally call someone their child?
                    Comment>

It does matter what translation you use, if that is your issue; however, all translations say the saved are Jesus' 'children'.
                      I don't use a translation but a Greek N.T.

Who but a father and mother can rightfully, and legally call someone their child?
                      You said you could show me where Jesus refers to himself as Father. Can you do that?
                      Comment>

Does not this scripture say the ROCK FATHERED YOU?

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgotthe God who gave you birth.

Does not this next scripture say that Rock is the Christ?

Comment>

I gave scripture that plainly explains to those whom the truth is revealed that the ROCK is CHRIST and the Rock FATHERED them

Comment>

Does not this scripture say the ROCK FATHERED YOU?

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgotthe God who gave you birth.

Does not this next scripture say that Rock is the Christ?

That is not what you said. You said Jesus calls himself Father. Can you give a quote from the Bible were Jesus calls himself Father?

Comment>

That is not what you said. You said Jesus calls himself Father. Can you give a quote from the Bible were Jesus calls himself Father?
                              The scriptures I gave explain that Jesus fathered us and I gave a scripture were Jesus calls us his children.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, andI will be their God and they will be my children.

I gave scriptures that plainly show Jesus is the Father.

Is Jesus love?

You answer that question and show me the scripture.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap