"Jesus Calling' by Sarah Young

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Jesus Calling' by Sarah Young

Sarah Young has written a number of books, but "Jesus Calling" has been an inspiration to me. It helps many people feel closer to God. This book helped me through one of the darkest times of my life (well, the Word did, but her interpretation of it helped). I felt like my faith was being restored and that I could find peace (the kind that passes all understanding).

You can read some daily devotionals (from an assortment of her books including this one) on her Facebook page if you want to check it out, before considering any purchases. It was life changing for me, so I wanted to share.

Perhaps you should read this review of the book. Book Review on The Jesus Calling | carm
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      Perhaps you should read this review of the book. Book Review on The Jesus Calling | carm
      Thanks for pointing that out. I've read it before. While there may be some salient points in that article for choosing devotionals, it comes off a bit.. harsh and judgmental, to me. He also says he isn't accusing the author of the occult like writing, but that is exactly what he seems to be inferring.

I guess each person has to examine the pros and cons for themselves, according to their own convictions. The best advice I can offer is to pray about it.

Comment>

Originally posted by thisnthat View Post
        The best advice I can offer is to pray about it.
        A better way would be to study the Bible and use what it says to determine the truth or falsity of what you read. That is what the Bereans did.
        The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue. Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.
        (Acts 17:10-11 ESV)

Clyde Herrin's Blog
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap