Best Devotionals for young women?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Devotionals for young women?

I'm a 20 something woman and I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for daily devotionals for me.

My go-to right now is The Confident Woman's Devotional by Joyce Meyer, but I always like to refresh and recharge with a new one from time to time. I've been reading that one for a while, so I was wanting to branch out! :)

Anything that you might have personal experience with would be great - I love those first hand recommendations!

Hi Amelia, my first thought for you were the daily devotionals of Elisabeth Elliot, but they are down right now at Elisabeth Elliot. So I will point you in the direction of Pastor Charles Spurgeon's, Morning and Evening Devotional which can be found online here, and Corrie ten Boom's, Each New Day devotionals, which can be found here.

I will leave you with a few of Elisabeth Elliot's quotes however (these are a small collection of her quotes that I put together last year for a few of my friends who were suffering through various trials):
    Leave it all in the Hands that were wounded for you.

The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances.

God never withholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good. He never denies our heart's desire except to give us something better.
    Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering…. The love of God did not protect His own Son…. He will not necessarily protect us – not from anything it takes to make us like His Son.

God has promised to supply all of our needs. What we don't have now we do not need now.

God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to.
    And finally, one of my favorites by Charles Spurgeon:

Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Thank you so much for the great recommendations and for taking the time to reply! I really resonated with Corrie ten Boom's devotional for today:

There is a hunger in our hearts that is never satisfied, except by Jesus. Do you feel lonesome and hungry? Do you have problems that you can’t solve? Do you feel chased, with no way out? Come to Him.

I've had a few things weighing on me lately, and I just felt like the verse that was on today's devotional was one that hit home, you know? I always love when that happens - it's like He is truly getting into my heart!
      Comment>

Here are a few that I enjoy reading:

Anne Graham Lotz (Billy Graham's daughter): Christian Blog | Latest from Anne | Anne Graham Lotz | AnGeL Ministries

Precept Ministries Blog: Error

Proverbs 31 Ministries: Devotions — Proverbs 31 Ministries Devotions
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap