The CSNTM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CSNTM

The Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts (CSNTM) is a wonderful work in progress. They have discovered several previously unknown manuscripts and papyri for the N.T., the LXX, and other related texts. But perhaps the most important accomplishment is the digitization of those texts. The wealth of manuscripts, papyri, and codices will not be lost.

Home - CSNTM

I placed this topic under translations because it did not fit anywhere else.

Work like this reveals how well our scriptures have been preserved. There's not a lot of difference between manuscripts.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
      Work like this reveals how well our scriptures have been preserved. There's not a lot of difference between manuscripts.
      That is true but the majority of those are spelling problems, the movable nu (i.e. the Greek letter [SIZE=14px]ν), [/SIZE]and to some degree world placement order.
      Last edited by Origen; 11-18-2015, 11:01 AM.
      Comment>

Good bibles note significant differences between manuscripts in the footnotes. And, those differences are never anything that would cause someone to rethink their doctrine. Although, people with various doctrines might favor one version over another. And, although, there are people who try to make out that the differences are huge.
        Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
          And, although, there are people who try to make out that the differences are huge.
          You are so right. By far the majority of the variants are insignificant and none of them impact any doctrine. It is sometimes a very difficult task getting people to understand this really isn't a serious problem. And when it comes to non-believers, more often than not I have found only closed minds.
          Comment>

New Manuscript Discoveries in Athens!
            New Manuscript Discoveries in Athens! - CSNTM
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap