Step Bible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step Bible

This appears to be a really nice resource, besides being an online Bible, a download is available.

Step Bible

God bless,
    William

That looks like an interesting website. I'll try it out for a while. But, what I'd like to find is a website that provides a literal translation of the LXX in parallel with other Bible translations. The LXX was created by history's greatest authorities on the language of the OT, native speakers of biblical Hebrew. (Modern Israel uses pseudo-Hebrew, and 99.9999% of Israelis wouldn't be able to read even one word from an original OT scroll.)
    Comment>

William,

Thank you for posting this great resource! I have been using it all weekend and I am impressed with its capabilities. And it's Free! I like that you can set up three translations parallel to one another. I especially like the fact that they have virtually every word in its Greek meaning when you hover over the word. You can also click on the word for more information. I have "Accordance" which cost a pretty penny and it doesn't come close to this free resource and its friendly use.
      Comment>

Originally posted by Jason T V View Post
        William,

Thank you for posting this great resource! I have been using it all weekend and I am impressed with its capabilities. And it's Free! I like that you can set up three translations parallel to one another. I especially like the fact that they have virtually every word in its Greek meaning when you hover over the word. You can also click on the word for more information. I have "Accordance" which cost a pretty penny and it doesn't come close to this free resource and its friendly use.
        It's much easier to use than whipping out the hardcover concordance for sure. For a concordance I have found a new favorite, although I like Esword for commentary. Which program do you favor, Jason?

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

As far as "programs" go, I had been using Accordance, and still do, but this new Step Bible is proving to be superior.I still use the book form commentaries and concordances (Strong's) as well. On hand we have Calvin's commentaries and Matthew Henry's. And various single commentaries by a host of authors.
          Originally posted by William View Post

It's much easier to use than whipping out the hardcover concordance for sure. For a concordance I have found a new favorite, although I like Esword for commentary. Which program do you favor, Jason?

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

Check this free program out Jason: Esword

God bless,
            William
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap