Extreme KJV Onlyism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme KJV Onlyism

The KJV is the preserved Word of God and not the Greek and Hebrew texts. Really?

;)Ha ha, because we all know KJV was the original text that first and second century churches used.
    Comment>

Originally posted by wfredeemed009 View Post
      ;)Ha ha, because we all know KJV was the original text that first and second century churches used.
      No doubt! Who knew they spoke English way back then.

Comment>

None of the English translations are wholly accurate in their Greek and Hebrew translation because there are nuances that are completely absent. And passages often are read at face value only - fundamental literal hermeneutics.

However, I do love the KJV translation, it is my favorite in fact.
        Comment>

I was going to say, I didn't think they spoke Stuart English when the Bible was written. Now if he had asked if I was tired of hearing pastors politically correct the Bible...

Originally posted by Parousia70 View Post
          However, I do love the KJV translation, it is my favorite in fact.
          Mine as well. I know it isn't necessarily an accurate translation of the Greek and Aramaic, since any translation will lose nuance even it retains the main message. What it does have is a certain poetry (some call it majesty) to the words that makes it stand out and stick in the mind in a way modern translations don't, and years of tradition behind it.
          Comment>

The human heart is an idol factory. It constantly seeks self-justification through works, and only the gospel can cure it.
            Last edited by thatbrian; 01-07-2017, 05:40 PM.
            Comment>

thatbrian You should have put your post I the quotes thread 😊
              Comment>
              Working...
              X
              Articles - News - SiteMap