The Glory of the 'Word of God'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Glory of the 'Word of God'

The glory of 'The Word of God' is greater far than man's widest imaginations.
    It fills the earth as the waters cover the sea.
    It is far wider than mere printers ink on paper.
    It is far deeper than the face value of man's interpretive endeavours.
    The 'real' Word of God is the power of God unto salvation, the lamp to our way, the light to our path, the means whereby a young man may cleanse his path.
    It is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Many think that the Bible is, of itself, the 'Word of God', and that all of it is meant for them personally..... Not so, it is far greater than that.

Bound in leather, page edged and entitled in Gold, in your hand, by your bedside, or on your bookshelf, what you 'see' is merely a 'Bible'.
    It is what God takes 'from it' and implants into the "fleshy table of your heart" that is the real 'Word of God'.

The Bible is a 'menu'......it is not the 'meal'.
    Metaphorically God is the great 'Restaurateur', and the Holy Spirit is his 'Waiter' who, from the 'menu', chooses for you the very best meal suited to your particular needs.

Why does the Bible comprise as many as 800,000 words?
    Is it not because all of them are not meant personally for you?
    It is because 'from it' God may choose to 'speak' to all who get to read it from every kindred, and every tribe, of every Nation, over the entire face of the earth.
    To the sick and to the healthy, to the weak and to the strong, to the sad and to the sorrowful, to the scholar and to the simple minded, to the rich and to the poor, to the lowly and to the mighty, etc.
    You might be some of those things at varying times, but many of them you will never be, therefore the 'Bible' has to be a multipurpose tool which God can use to address every eventuality.

In saying that, am I limiting and detracting from the real 'Word of God'?....Of course I am not...I am magnifying it to greatest extent of which I am capable.

The earth shall be filled with the glory of God's Word (as part of the Glory of God), as the waters cover the sea.

All that remains is for me to add the convictive work of God's Holy Spirit to the equation; that being the ingredient that converts ink on paper into the Living Word of God, as he implants into a man's heart such as he needs from time to time.

Therein lies the 'power', and it comes into its own in more ways than one.

Whilst some of the ink on paper that we currently see can often appear somewhat short of the handiwork that one might expect of God; (Genesis 19:1-8 being a bit hard to swallow as is the face value constraint to 'hate' ones relatives, marital partner, and children in order to be a disciple etc.) the fact that the Bible has stood the test of time like no other book, and endears itself so strongly to the hearts of believers marks out its existence as being the main media from which God chooses to 'speak'.

But just as it is God's Holy Spirit who chooses which written words to implant into a man's heart, so too God's Holy Spirit will filter out any discrepancy (if any there be) that might have crept in over the course of time, language developments and differences, translation prejudices, etc.

With God's Holy Spirit being accorded his full and proper place in the process of God giving us 'His Word', our faith is unassailable.

I liked what you wrote.
    It was a little more theoretical and less 'rubber meets the road' than I am typically drawn to, but it has the ring of empirical truth within it.

I would just add the personal observation that the words on the page have a transformational power disproportional to their simple literal meaning. I am forever awestruck by the reality that I can read some chapter that I have read before and find new truth that was there all along and, by the grace of the Holy Spirit, my mind leaps to a half dozen other places where similar thoughts are expressed in different words ... suddenly an eternal truth is illuminated once again, in a fresh light to cast an old solution on a current problem.

I am perpetually amazed at the transformational power of the word to work within my heart and mind. The ability to find a refuge alone with the Bible and some internal pain or confusion or crisis, and to open to some random page and begin reading. Several chapters later, I have not found the answer to my question, but I have had my entire thought process and questions transformed. I no longer see the world and my circumstances as I had an hour ago. I have new answers to questions I had not even asked and I have been transformed from within.

This is the power of the Word of God wielded by the Spirit of God in a child of God.
    All Glory, Honor and Praise be unto His Name, forever ... even Jesus the Christ, my Lord and Savior.
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap