Poll Question: KJV Onlyism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll Question: KJV Onlyism

Is the KJV the only fit (or even the best) translation of the Hebrew and Greek texts?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    100.00%
    Don't know
    0%

I would have to say that the NASB is a more accurate translation.
    Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
      I would have to say that the NASB is a more accurate translation.
      If I may ask why do you prefer the NASB? What is it about that translation that makes it your choice?
      Comment>

Kind of funny, yes?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1454735_797780050294892_8678902908236117350_n.png
Views:	1
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	14799
        Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post
          Kind of funny, yes?
          yes.

Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
            If I may ask why do you prefer the NASB? What is it about that translation that makes it your choice?
            One specific reason is that in the bible app I have on my phone it has little popups help clarify certain words or phrases as they were translated. It also indicates how some phrases may not have been included in earlier manuscripts.

I have owned NIV, KJV, and NKJV and, quite frankly, the NASB is easier to read.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Knotical View Post
              One specific reason is that in the bible app I have on my phone it has little popups help clarify certain words or phrases as they were translated. It also indicates how some phrases may not have been included in earlier manuscripts.

I have owned NIV, KJV, and NKJV and, quite frankly, the NASB is easier to read.
              Thank you.

Comment>

Anyone else want to chime in on this subject?
                Comment>

I don't subscribe to the KJV-Only belief, though I knew people who did, and it was the Bible I cut my teeth on. These days, I stick with the NRSV and NASB for daily study. Occassionally I've read the KJV, NLT, and NKJV, and rarely other translations. In German, which I don't read the Bible in much these days, it is pretty much the Luther Bible, though I believe we have at least one other translation in said language.

P.S. The cartoon above is funny. :D
                  Comment>

For me I prefer reading the ESV. Many Christians says the KJV is the best bible translation but as it can be hard to understand some parts of it, it's only my go to bible when I want to make comparisons with any other bible I'm reading to see if the text has been altered in some way.
                    Comment>

I just don't get KJV onlyers. :rolleyes:
                      Comment>

Originally posted by StanJ View Post
                        Neither do I.

Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
                          Neither do I.
                          I do refer to the NASB every once in a while and I've had that Bible version for years but I find I prefer 'functional equivalency' over 'formal equivalency' and as such the reason why I prefer the NIV or NET. Now-a-days I use biblegateway.com for all of my Bible reading, I love the fact that I can lay out five versions in parallel when I really want to study something.
                          Comment>

I don't prefer KJV onlyism. I prefer to read NIV, ESV with sometimes NLT for some difficult chapters.
                            Comment>

Originally posted by StanJ View Post
                              Didn't you read the inside cover ... it is the OFFICIAL AUTHORIZED TRANSLATION.
                              (not like all of your other un-authorized translations) ... what's not to get? ;)
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap