Enhance and deepen your study of God's Word by asking Bible questions and sharing your answers.

“God saw that it was good.”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “God saw that it was good.”

Click image for larger version

Name:	God’s-charge-to-Adam.2jpg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	13111
    All rights reserved by the Church of Almighty God: The Church of Almighty God
    I wang to share the God´s words that I read today,because the words make me know how the Creator exerts His authority.
    As God said,"Imperceptibly, the Creator’s work of making all things had continued for five days, immediately following which the Creator welcomed the sixth day of His creation of all things. This day was another new beginning, and another extraordinary day. What, then, was the Creator’s plan on the eve of this new day? What new creatures would He produce, would He create? Listen, that is the voice of the Creator….
    “And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creeps on the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.” (Gen 1:24-25) What living creatures does this include? The Scriptures say: cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind. Which is to say that, on this day there were not only all sorts of living creatures upon the earth, but they were all classified according to kind, and, likewise, “God saw that it was good.”

As during the previous five days, with the same tone, on the sixth day the Creator ordered the birth of the living creatures that He desired, and that they appeared upon the earth, each according to their kind. When the Creator exerts His authority, none of His words are spoken in vain, and so, on the sixth day, each living creature that He had intended to create appeared at the appointed time. As the Creator said “Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind,” the earth was at once filled with life, and upon the land there suddenly emerged the breath of all sorts of living creatures…. In the grassy green wilderness, stout cows, swishing their tails to and fro, appeared one after the other, bleating sheep gathered themselves into herds, and neighing horses began to gallop … in an instant, the vast expanses of silent grassland exploded with life … the appearance of these various livestock was a beautiful sight upon the tranquil grassland, and brought with it boundless vitality…. They would be the companions of the grasslands, and the masters of the grasslands, each mutually dependent on the other; so too would they become the guardians and keepers of these lands, which would be their permanent habitat, and which would provide them with all they needed, a source of eternal nourishment for their existence…."(from A Continuation of The Word Appears in the Flesh)
    Last edited by hoolep; 04-16-2016, 11:58 AM.

To paradise we will return.
    Comment>

The OP for this thread and the one for the thread you started called "What do you think about it?" contain pictures from a site called rainbowtoken.com. I checked the site and discovered that it promotes a church called Church of the Almighty God or Eastern Lightening. Here is what Wikipedia says about this church:

Eastern Lightning - Wikipedia

Are you a member of this church?
      Clyde Herrin's Blog
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        I checked the site and discovered that it promotes a church called Church of the Almighty God or Eastern Lightening.

The quote in the OP is from one of their publications.
        Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
          The OP for this thread and the one for the thread you started called "What do you think about it?" contain pictures from a site called rainbowtoken.com. I checked the site and discovered that it promotes a church called Church of the Almighty God or Eastern Lightening. Here is what Wikipedia says about this church:

Eastern Lightning - Wikipedia

Are you a member of this church?
          Hi,theophilus.After reading your reply, I once thought the same with you. At that time, I heard of the gospel of Almighty God, then I searched the relevant information online. There were so many positive and more negative news, now still the same. But I thought over and over so that I could not sleep at night. On the one hand, I thought the word of Almighty God sounded very reasonable, also revealed a number of mysteries in the Bible which we had never known before. On the other hand, I feared to be deceived and betrayed the Lord, so I often prayed to the Lord, hoping the Lord could lead me to make a wise choice. Then I remembered that we couldn't know the taste of the chocolate in the box exactly until we taste it personally. When I know more about Almighty God, I see that Almighty God is the second coming of the Lord Jesus, and know why just in about 20 years, Almighty God’s kingdom gospel has been spread throughout the entire Mainland of China even under the cruel persecution and hounding of the Chinese government. Millions of people are enjoying the word of Almighty God, receiving God's work and salvation, and praising God's wonderful deeds. As the word says : " For God shall be prosper , for the people shall be ruin." It has turned out that this is what the Creator does.
          If you want to know more about this,please click: About Us | The Church of Almighty God
          Last edited by hoolep; 04-16-2016, 11:33 AM.
          Comment>

Ms. Yang Xiangbin = Almighty God? Hoolep, are you Chinese? I believe China was founded by people who did know of God, and from the faded cultural memory, God is called 上帝. Honor your earliest ancestors by not settling for the teachings of some very recent teacher.

I figure all voluntary organizations offer their members something, else people wouldn't be members. And, I believe that all churches have their shortcomings. But, you should think about what's true if your leaders reject all other Christian groups.

Christians in Asian countries are in a very tough spot. They don't have good libraries of classic Christian works (sermons, writings of church fathers, etc.) in their languages to read themselves, or for their pastors to study. Their Bible translations are very imprecise, because of the nature of Asian languages, and generally Asian Bible translations are of almost amateurish quality (for lack of large bodies of experts to make the translations). And, the western church is being a horrible guide.

I grew up in Pentecostal churches in America. I wouldn't call them cults, but they tend to have cultish teachings (doctrines that aren't supported by the Bible). I left them Pentecostalism because they weren't as biblical as they claimed and I came to recognize many of their leaders as frauds. You need to read the Bible, and while doing so, put aside interpretations that you already have. Read the Bible as if you've never heard of anything about it before. And, find a church that uses only the Bible as a doctrinal authority. You might feel like you have a nice church home now, but you can find a nice church home elsewhere, as well. (Although, in America, cults seem to be more friendly, making it easier for people to feel welcome.) Give it a try and if you remain unconvinced, go back to the group you're in now.

Comment>

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
              Ms. Yang Xiangbin = Almighty God? Hoolep, are you Chinese? I believe China was founded by people who did know of God, and from the faded cultural memory, God is called 上帝. Honor your earliest ancestors by not settling for the teachings of some very recent teacher.

I figure all voluntary organizations offer their members something, else people wouldn't be members. And, I believe that all churches have their shortcomings. But, you should think about what's true if your leaders reject all other Christian groups.

Christians in Asian countries are in a very tough spot. They don't have good libraries of classic Christian works (sermons, writings of church fathers, etc.) in their languages to read themselves, or for their pastors to study. Their Bible translations are very imprecise, because of the nature of Asian languages, and generally Asian Bible translations are of almost amateurish quality (for lack of large bodies of experts to make the translations). And, the western church is being a horrible guide.

I grew up in Pentecostal churches in America. I wouldn't call them cults, but they tend to have cultish teachings (doctrines that aren't supported by the Bible). I left them Pentecostalism because they weren't as biblical as they claimed and I came to recognize many of their leaders as frauds. You need to read the Bible, and while doing so, put aside interpretations that you already have. Read the Bible as if you've never heard of anything about it before. And, find a church that uses only the Bible as a doctrinal authority. You might feel like you have a nice church home now, but you can find a nice church home elsewhere, as well. (Although, in America, cults seem to be more friendly, making it easier for people to feel welcome.) Give it a try and if you remain unconvinced, go back to the group you're in now.

Hi,Cornelius.I am a chinese.I can understand what you're thinking of in your heart, because most believers have such a thought about the Bible. For this problem, what I could talk is very limited, you could watch the movie called Ironclad Proofs--Disclose the Mystery About the Bible and see whether it could help you or not .As the Almighty God says:"No one who believes in Jesus is qualified to curse or condemn others. You should all be someone who is rational and accepts the truth. Perhaps, having heard the way of truth and read the word of life, you believe that only one in 10,000 of these words are in line with your convictions and the Bible, and then you should continue to seek in that 10,000th of these words. I still advise you to be humble, to not be over-confident, and to not exalt yourself too highly. With your heart holding such meager reverence for God, you will gain greater light. If you carefully examine and repeatedly contemplate these words, you shall understand whether or not they are the truth, and whether or not they are life."(from A Continuation of The Word Appears in the Flesh)God bless you !

Comment>

Originally posted by hoolep View Post
                As the Almighty God says:"No one who believes in Jesus is qualified to curse or condemn others. You should all be someone who is rational and accepts the truth. Perhaps, having heard the way of truth and read the word of life, you believe that only one in 10,000 of these words are in line with your convictions and the Bible, and then you should continue to seek in that 10,000th of these words. I still advise you to be humble, to not be over-confident, and to not exalt yourself too highly. With your heart holding such meager reverence for God, you will gain greater light. If you carefully examine and repeatedly contemplate these words, you shall understand whether or not they are the truth, and whether or not they are life."(from A Continuation of The Word Appears in the Flesh)
                The only book God has inspired is the Bible. When you quote from another book and attribute the words to God you in fact following a false god.
                Clyde Herrin's Blog
                Comment>

As the Almighty God says:"No one who believes in Jesus is qualified to curse or condemn others.
                  Then you better tell Jesus and the N.T. authors that. They condemn false teachers and doctrines.

You should all be someone who is rational and accepts the truth.
                  We are and we do and that is why we reject this false teaching and false god.

Perhaps, having heard the way of truth and read the word of life, you believe that only one in 10,000 of these words are in line with your convictions and the Bible, and then you should continue to seek in that 10,000th of these words.
                  That makes no sense at all. It is a pointless platitude

I still advise you to be humble, to not be over-confident, and to not exalt yourself too highly.
                  And I advise you to really try and understand the Bible in its historical, cultural, and theological context.

With your heart holding such meager reverence for God, you will gain greater light. If you carefully examine and repeatedly contemplate these words, you shall understand whether or not they are the truth, and whether or not they are life.
                  More pointless platitudes lacking both substance and reason.
                  Last edited by Origen; 04-06-2016, 01:33 PM.
                  Comment>

Hi,brothers and sisters! We believe that all of God’s words are in the Bible and outside the Bible there are no more words of God.
                    Answer as follows:
                    Some brothers and sisters believe that all of God’s words are in the Bible and outside the Bible there are no more words of God. Then, is such knowledge correct?
                    We all know that the Bible has sixty-six books and it consists of the Old Testament and the New Testament. What the Old Testament records is Jehovah’s work in Israel; what the New Testament records is Jesus’ work in Judea. When Jesus came to earth to do the work, there was only the Old Testament (the New Testament was formed in A.D.300s), and what the people at that time contacted was the law of Jehovah and what they read was the Old Testament. So, those who didn’t know the Lord Jesus and stubbornly kept the law believed that all God’s words were in the Old Testament and outside it there were no more words of God. But the fact was not so. As we all know, the Lord Jesus is the incarnate flesh of God’s Spirit and his words are God’s own words, but his words are not recorded in the Old Testament and many of his words are outside the Old Testament. For example, “But I say to you, That you resist not evil: but whoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if any man will sue you at the law, and take away your coat, let him have your cloak also. And whoever shall compel you to go a mile, go with him two.” (Matthew 5:39-41) “But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you.” (Matthew 5:44) And the Lord Jesus’ sermon, “Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. …” (Matthew 5:3-6) All these words of the Lord Jesus are outside the Old Testament. Even the word “Repent you: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” which the Lord Jesus said when he just began to preach, is not in the Old Testament either. But do any of us dare to say that the Lord Jesus’ words are not God’s words? Thus, it is clear that the view of the people at that time, “All God’s words are in the Old Testament and outside it there are no more words of God,” was wrong and was purely their notion.
                    Today, after two thousand years, we read not only the Old Testament but also the New Testament. Then can the words recorded in the Old and New Testaments represent all God’s words? Let’s look at some verses and we will know.
                    “And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.” (John 21:25)
                    “I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.” (John 16:12-13)
                    He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit said to the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written….” (Revelation 2:17)
                    And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.” (Revelation 10:4)
                    And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. And one of the elders said to me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.” (Revelation 5:1-5)
                    From the above verses, we can see that only a limited part of Jesus’ words were recorded in the Bible. He still had many more words to say and he would wait until he came again in the end time to say them to us, so these words surely cannot be found in the Bible. If we say all God’s words are in the Bible and outside the Bible there will never be God’s words, isn’t this contrary to the Bible? Hasn’t this denied the prophecy of Jesus?
                    Almighty God says, “What the Bible records are those limited things, which cannot represent all God’s works. The four Gospels have no more than a hundred chapters altogether. They record nothing but the limited things, such as cursing the fig tree, Peter’s denying the Lord three times, Jesus’ appearing to his disciples after his crucifixion and resurrection, his teachings on fasting, on prayer, and on divorce, his birth, his genealogy, his appointing the disciples…, yet people take these things as treasures and even compare today’s work with them. And they even think that Jesus did no more than these works from his birth, as if God could only do these works and could do no more works. Isn’t this fallacious?” “If you want to see the work of the Age of the Law or how the people of Israel walked in the ways of Jehovah, you have to read the Old Testament. If you want to know about the work of the Age of the Grace, you have to read the New Testament. Then how to see the work done in the end time? You have to receive God’s leading of today and enter into the work of today, because this is a new work and no one has ‘recorded’ it in the Bible in advance. The work of today is a path men of former times have never walked and is a way no one has seen. It is a work that has never been done, that is, God’s newest work on earth. No one knows that God has done a greater and newer work outside Israel on earth, which has gone beyond the boundary of Israel … and which is … a newer work outside Israel, and a work that man cannot see through or imagine. How could there be a definite record of such a work in the Bible? Who could have written down beforehand the work of today without missing any of it?” (from The Word Appears in the Flesh) From the words of Almighty God we see that what the Bible records is limited. The Old Testament only records the work of Jehovah God, and the New Testament only records the Lord Jesus’ work. However, the detailed contents of God’s end-time work are not recorded in the Bible. This is because God’s end-time work is a new work outside the Bible. Though we read the Old and New Testaments, it doesn’t prove that the Bible contains all the words of God, even less prove that outside the Bible there are no more words of God. God is the source of life and is the source of all things, and his riches are inexhaustible and are unfathomable to any created being. How can these contents in the Bible speak fully about all God’s deeds? So, we shouldn’t conclude that there are no more words of God outside the Bible.
                    Now is already the end time. Jesus’ prophecy has been fulfilled, and the Spirit of truth has already come. The end-time Christ—Almighty God—is precisely the Spirit of truth, and he has expressed many words of life. As Almighty God says, “the end-time Christ will teach people of every place with the truth and speak all the truths to them. …” “The end-time Christ uses the truths of many aspects to teach man, expose man’s essence, and dissect man’s words and deeds. These words contain the truths of many aspects, such as man’s duty, how man should obey God, how man should be faithful to God, how man should live out a normal humanity, God’s wisdom, God’s disposition, and so on.” (from The Word Appears in the Flesh) What the end-time Christ does is the work of the word. He judges and purifies people with the word and supplies and guides them with the word of truth, so that they can understand all the truths, cast off all their corruptions, and be purified by God, thus being saved by God in the end. The words Almighty God expresses in the end time are all outside the Bible, but these words are the fulfillment of the prophecies in the Bible and are the words the Lord Jesus speaks when he comes again. If one doesn’t accept the truth the end-time Christ expresses, it will be impossible for him to be purified by God and enter into God’s kingdom. Just as Almighty God says, “The end-time Christ brings life and the perpetual, eternal way of truth. Such truth is the path by which man may receive life and the only path by which man may know God and be approved by God. If you do not seek the way of life the end-time Christ supplies, then you will never receive Jesus’ approval or be qualified to enter the gate of the kingdom of heaven.” (from The Word Appears in the Flesh) Brothers and sisters, though the words of the end-time Christ are outside the Bible, every one of them is the truth and is God’s personal utterance. Do we still refuse to accept them? If we still hold on to the wrong view that “all God’s words are in the Bible and outside the Bible there are no more words of God,” won’t we make the same mistake as the Jews did and repeat their tragedy?
                    God bless you!
                    Last edited by hoolep; 12-28-2015, 05:06 AM.
                    Comment>

No one who believes in Jesus is qualified to curse or condemn others

你好, the ones who oppose condemnation of others are usually those most deserving of condemnation. Who wouldn't want thieves judged, but a thief? Who wouldn't want the immoral judged, but the immoral? These people who oppose condemnation do so to protect themselves and they pretend that their position against condemnation is a virtue. (And, these people who opposing judging are often the most judgmental of all, such as when they judge others for judging.) Jesus only condemned hypocritical judging, and not because judging itself is wrong but because the hypocrite is also guilty of what he is judging.

You know sharing your brand of faith brings critical responses from others. All Believers should expect that, but we are Believers ourselves. Beware of when you are rationalizing. Could not anyone say anything the want and then point to the Bible saying not everything Jesus said is in the Bible?

Hoolep, I wish God Almighty, maker of Heaven and Earth bless you. You are obligated to do is always seek the truth of God, and may God grant you the light you need.
                      Comment>

Hi,brothers and sisters! We believe that all of God’s words are in the Bible and outside the Bible there are no more words of God.
                        When God provided the Torah, he provided within it everything that was necessary to know who God was and what he required under the Law. There was no secret or missing knowledge essential to knowing who the God of Israel was. Clearly, it did not contain all of the information that might be known about God ... that is a task beyond any book or even the mind of man to conceive. However, the Torah contained everything that Israel needed. Included within the Torah were hints of greater things to come. Things that God would one day explain more fully.

As time went on, Israel strayed from the Law and from what God had commanded. So God sent Prophets and Judges to warn Israel of the consequence for rejecting God, to urge them to repent and return, to encourage them that God would forgive them and could heal their land if they returned to him. God also showed his love by presenting his people with books that revealed truths about God's character and more hints of things to come. What is important to remember is that these books from the prophets and teachers built upon what God had revealed in the Law (the Torah) but did not contradict it. At no point did God ever change his mind about what was right and what was wrong and what he required.

Then one day, along comes Jesus, making extraordinary claims. Jesus says that he has come to fulfill the Law. Jesus says that he is the fulfillment of the Law. The only way to God, described in such detail in the Law and the Prophets, is found by trusting in Jesus Christ and him alone. That was an extraordinary claim, and Israel demanded some extraordinary proof that Jesus words were true ... That Jesus had the power and authority to satisfy the Law for all who believe and trust in him. Jesus must have agreed, because he was willing to provide the extraordinary signs to verify his claims. Jesus lived a sinless life and no man was able to bring charge against him without bearing false testimony to do so. Jesus then died a very public death that left no doubt that he had been killed, and he rose from the dead by his own power (as he had previously said he would). Then Jesus was glorified and ascended into heaven before a vast crowd of witnesses. Lastly, he sent the Holy Spirit of God to baptize each believer as evidence of the power and authority of the name of Jesus Christ.

If someone comes along and claims to have a new revelation from God that expounds on the message of Jesus Christ, then it must be in agreement with the message which Jesus has already presented and verified, exactly as the Prophets and Wisdom of the Old Testament must agree with the Torah. If someone comes along with a message that they claim overwrites, supersedes or replaces that of Jesus Christ, then you should demand of them a sign or signs greater than those which Jesus provided to verify his message.

If they can not or will not provide such proof, then you should question the authority of what they claim.

(That's how I see it.)
                        God bless you and guide you into His Truth.
                        Comment>

Originally posted by atpollard View Post

If someone comes along and claims to have a new revelation from God that expounds on the message of Jesus Christ, then it must be in agreement with the message which Jesus has already presented and verified, exactly as the Prophets and Wisdom of the Old Testament must agree with the Torah. If someone comes along with a message that they claim overwrites, supersedes or replaces that of Jesus Christ, then you should demand of them a sign or signs greater than those which Jesus provided to verify his message.

If they can not or will not provide such proof, then you should question the authority of what they claim.

(That's how I see it.)
                          God bless you and guide you into His Truth.
                          Thank God . It is pretty good that you could ask this question. May God lead us to seek the truth together . Today I make sure Almighty God is the second coming of the Lord Jesus because the Word of Almighty God opens all mysteries of the Bible that people do not know and the Word of God conquers my heart. Do you mind if I ask you some questions first I, could you share your understanding of these verses :
                          For nation will be moved against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, anwill be without food, and the earth will be shaking in different places; But all these things are the first of the troubles.(Mattew24:7-8 )
                          Now take an example from the fig-tree : when her branch has become soft and puts out its leaves, you are certain that the summer is near; Even so, when you see all these things, you may be certain that he is near, even at the doors.(Mattew 24:32-33)

God bless you!
                          Comment>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestorian_Stele
                            Comment>
                            Working...
                            X
                            Articles - News - SiteMap