Enhance and deepen your study of God's Word by asking Bible questions and sharing your answers.

How you know that you are saved, what is your answer ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How you know that you are saved, what is your answer ?

    I think most members here are friendly.Resently someone asked me a question that how do you know that you are saved, Even i didnt know the answer and i am puzzled about it, So i look forward to discuss it with you . how you know that you are saved,what is your answer ?

    God bless you!
    Last edited by Cherish; 12-15-2015, 01:41 AM.

  • #2
    There are people who think they're saved but they're not, Matthew 7:21-23. Every indication in the Bible is that few are saved (The Wide vs. Narrow way, Noah's Flood, Lot and Sodom, The people in the desert kept out of the Promised Land, etc.). Over history there will be a great multitude saved, but that can still be a very small portion of everyone.

    The Bible instructs us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. And, Jesus tells us not to fear those who can kill just the body, but to fear Him who can destroy both the body and the soul in Hell. So, here's one way to know you're saved, if you fear God. When I see TV preachers undeniably misrepresent the Bible, I conclude they're not saved because they have no fear of God. They calculate what they can say to bring in the most money, without fear of displeasing God.

    The sum of the Law is to love God and our neighbor. If you utmost love God, you're saved. A TV preacher who loves God wouldn't dream of misrepresenting God's word, for any reason. A TV preacher who loves his neighbor wouldn't lie to people to get them to give money.

    You know you're saved by the fruits of of the Spirit. The love of God leads to a transformed life, were we always seek to please God (avoiding sin, studying His Word, and worshiping Him). A love of neighbor is displayed by love as explained by Paul in 1Cor13, "Love is kind..."

    Comment>

    • #3
      Originally posted by Cherish View Post
      I think most members here are friendly.Resently someone asked me a question that how do you know that you are saved, Even i didnt know the answer and i am puzzled about it, So i look forward to discuss it with you . how you know that you are saved,what is your answer ?

      God bless you!
      I know I have eternal life because I have believed on God and Christ. John 5:24 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death unto life. " And John 6:47 " Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. "

      Ship Alone
      Comment>

      • #4
        Hi Cornelius,Thanks for your reply, I agree with your opinion ,and like it very much. Even I also follow it to do ,but I feel we cannt satisfy God ,just as Paul in Romans said: “ For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.”For I am conscious that in me, that is, in my flesh, there is nothing good: I have the mind but not the power to do what is right”.
        So I am very worried ,Whether I am saved or not . Do you have this experience , How do you walk in God´s way in your actural life ? How do you pursuE to love God? What is your grace from the Lord (such as See vision), Could you share it with me?
        Comment>

        • #5
          We can't satisfy God, but we can have the constant desire to please God. We'll come up short in our actions, but our desire, what Paul called his mind, to do what is right is itself is a reflection of those saved in Christ. That desire produces growth. Do you think about life more and more in the context of Christ? Do you find yourself doing a better job living up to Paul's definition of love? Or, are you not growing, except in doubt?

          I'm not saying it's wrong to be worried, but what is the source of your worry?






          Comment>

          • #6
            Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
            We can't satisfy God, but we can have the constant desire to please God. We'll come up short in our actions, but our desire, what Paul called his mind, to do what is right is itself is a reflection of those saved in Christ. That desire produces growth. Do you think about life more and more in the context of Christ? Do you find yourself doing a better job living up to Paul's definition of love? Or, are you not growing, except in doubt?

            I'm not saying it's wrong to be worried, but what is the source of your worry?





            Hello Cornelius, I'm very happy to receive your reply. Thanks to God's love, we can discuss about bible verses here. Hope that I can get answer from you.
            I read two verses in the Bible: ”..holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14) " ...you shall therefore be holy, for I am holy." (Leviticus 11:45)
            From them, I realize that the ones who can enter the kingdom of heaven are those who attain holiness and never sin. But now we still commit sins and are not holy yet. So I’m worried: In such a condition, can we enter into the kingdom of heaven? How do you understand “entering into the kingdom of heaven”? That is, how do you understand the two verses? I’d like to hear your view.Marry Christmas

            God bless
            Comment>

            • #7
              Originally posted by Cherish View Post
              the ones who can enter the kingdom of heaven are those who attain holiness and never sin. But now we still commit sins and are not holy yet.
              Jesus Christ is the only one who ever achieved this level of holiness. In ourselves we cannot help sinning but when we put our faith in Christ we are born again and receive a new nature which cannot sin. We can still sin but this new nature won't allow us to continue in sin.
              No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
              (1 John 3:9-10 ESV)

              This doesn't say that a Christian can't sin but that if he does he will be unhappy and want to repent. If we have sincerely put our faith in Christ he has taken our sins on ourselves and God sees us as if we were without sin.
              Clyde Herrin's Blog
              Comment>

              • #8
                Originally posted by Cherish View Post
                Hello Cornelius, I'm very happy to receive your reply. Thanks to God's love, we can discuss about bible verses here. Hope that I can get answer from you.
                I read two verses in the Bible: ”..holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14) " ...you shall therefore be holy, for I am holy." (Leviticus 11:45)
                From them, I realize that the ones who can enter the kingdom of heaven are those who attain holiness and never sin. But now we still commit sins and are not holy yet. So I’m worried: In such a condition, can we enter into the kingdom of heaven? How do you understand “entering into the kingdom of heaven”? That is, how do you understand the two verses? I’d like to hear your view.Marry Christmas

                God bless
                Do you remember Matthew 6:24
                “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

                Think about it. If that is true, then you cannot want to obey God and want to sin. If you "love" God, then you will "hate" the sin that you fall in to.
                On the other hand, if you are "devoted" to sin and the world, then you will "despise" God.
                The very fact that you want to please God, that your sin bothers you, is evidence of the direction in which your heart is pointed.

                Salvation comes from knowing what God requires and doing it (which if you have read your scripture, you know is about Faith in Jesus and not Works to earn forgiveness). Assurance comes from time spent watching the change in your heart and accepting that it is a permanent transformation. The further your walk takes you from your old self, and the closer you get to the man that God has called you to be, the easier it is to see what God has done, is doing, and will complete.
                Comment>

                • #9
                  Originally posted by theophilus View Post
                  Jesus Christ is the only one who ever achieved this level of holiness. In ourselves we cannot help sinning but when we put our faith in Christ we are born again and receive a new nature which cannot sin. We can still sin but this new nature won't allow us to continue in sin.
                  No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
                  (1 John 3:9-10 ESV)

                  This doesn't say that a Christian can't sin but that if he does he will be unhappy and want to repent. If we have sincerely put our faith in Christ he has taken our sins on ourselves and God sees us as if we were without sin.
                  Thanks for your opinion, I'm not clear about the topic "how to enter into the kingdom of heaven?" indication in the Bible: “And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. And nothing unclean may come into it, or anyone whose works are cursed or false; but only those whose names are in the Lamb's book of life.” (revelation 21:27). What's your understanding about this verse?
                  Comment>

                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cherish View Post
                    I think most members here are friendly.Resently someone asked me a question that how do you know that you are saved, Even i didnt know the answer and i am puzzled about it, So i look forward to discuss it with you . how you know that you are saved,what is your answer ?

                    God bless you!

                    We're not saved by feeling. We are saved by faith in the gospel.
                    We should examine ourselves but what does the Bible say?

                    John says we can know:


                    1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
                    Comment>

                    • #11
                      2 reasons for me, 1, Christ died for me and God cannot lie, and 2 He has done the impossible, He changed me, my heart was at one time was sold out to lust and every kind of evil until I came to Christ and now sin isn't so appealing as it was.

                      Don't get me wrong I do still struggle at times especially with condemnation, but Christ died for sinners of which I am the worst.
                      Comment>

                      • #12
                        Clerly it says in the bible that al christians are not saved, since its state with goats and sheep, that people are judged by God how the treat Jesus and gods chosen that serves mankind, peopel dont even seam to know who those chosen are. These chosen acording to the bible shuld not sin, or they cant help us others that sin alot with their gifts, couse none will inherit the gifts if they sin. Bible says if someone decives one of these chosen, its bether to basicly jump into the water. That means, doin bad things, and teach others to do bad things brings justice over our lives.

                        I have gotten help from a priest and prophet to understand this, you can find her on facebook if you guys need further help since she serves God.

                        Eva virginius on facebook(shes swedish)

                        GOD's messages (on facebook community)

                        Her blogg (you can find her blog truw facebook)

                        Have an nice day :)
                        Comment>

                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
                          There are people who think they're saved but they're not, Matthew 7:21-23. Every indication in the Bible is that few are saved (The Wide vs. Narrow way, Noah's Flood, Lot and Sodom, The people in the desert kept out of the Promised Land, etc.). Over history there will be a great multitude saved, but that can still be a very small portion of everyone.

                          The Bible instructs us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. And, Jesus tells us not to fear those who can kill just the body, but to fear Him who can destroy both the body and the soul in Hell. So, here's one way to know you're saved, if you fear God. When I see TV preachers undeniably misrepresent the Bible, I conclude they're not saved because they have no fear of God. They calculate what they can say to bring in the most money, without fear of displeasing God.

                          The sum of the Law is to love God and our neighbor. If you utmost love God, you're saved. A TV preacher who loves God wouldn't dream of misrepresenting God's word, for any reason. A TV preacher who loves his neighbor wouldn't lie to people to get them to give money.

                          You know you're saved by the fruits of of the Spirit. The love of God leads to a transformed life, were we always seek to please God (avoiding sin, studying His Word, and worshiping Him). A love of neighbor is displayed by love as explained by Paul in 1Cor13, "Love is kind..."
                          The amount of people who take Jesus for their personal savior is a fraction of the population. I think maybe you are putting narrow a bit too narrow. Even at a single point in time now, only a very small percentage of a handful of countries have Christianity taught to them to the point of understanding Jesus as the only path. When you think about the world´s big populations like China and India, which are largely not saved... yes.. we are the narrow path.
                          Comment>

                          • #14
                            The operative word is belief. If you believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord and that He died and was resurrected from the dead, you shall be saved. This is written so that you can know that you are saved. Believe in the Bible as the inerrant infallible word of God and you are saved, though you may not understand it all, as you come across the doctrines, you believe them. Believe and receive eternal life. He who perseveres to the end shall be saved. This is done by the Holy Spirit indwelling the believer. He never leaves us or forsakes us. The Bible gives us many ways to know that we are saved. Believe.
                            Comment>

                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Stratcat View Post
                              The operative word is belief. If you believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord and that He died and was resurrected from the dead, you shall be saved. This is written so that you can know that you are saved. Believe in the Bible as the inerrant infallible word of God and you are saved, though you may not understand it all, as you come across the doctrines, you believe them. Believe and receive eternal life. He who perseveres to the end shall be saved. This is done by the Holy Spirit indwelling the believer. He never leaves us or forsakes us. The Bible gives us many ways to know that we are saved. Believe.
                              Yours is the most Scriptural response I can come up with too Strat. Though I'm kinda hesitant about those that stand in front of the church saying, come up here by prayer or profession and you're saved. I'd rather them say, if you "want" to profess your faith in Christ, come up here to praise God, thanking Him for the desire of your hearts (because desire for God wasn't there before regeneration)! It might just be me, because I am a stickler for detail when it comes to soteriology, but I believe regeneration precedes faith, and that if a person professes faith, there is already much to be thankful before the desire to even profess it. Salvation didn't begin at our profession, but before the foundation of the world. Let us thank God and give glory to Him alone.

                              So come up here, ya hear! :rolleyes: Praise, thanks, and glory! Is there any other response? Let's not center ourselves on us, whether by our confession or repentance, let us give thanks to God for gifting us with first fruits of the Holy Spirit.

                              Soli Deo Gloria!

                              God bless,
                              William
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap