Enhance and deepen your study of God's Word by asking Bible questions and sharing your answers.

Are you a sinner, saint, or both?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you a sinner, saint, or both?

Please feel free to elaborate on your vote, but please vote.
    A sinner only
    0%
    A saint only
    28.57%
    I am both a sinner and saint
    71.43%

I am a saint because my sins have been forgiven and God looks at me as if I were without sin. As long as I am in my present body I still have my old sin nature and am capable of sinning, so I am still a sinner. When I leave this body by death or my body is transformed by the rapture I will no long have the sin nature and I will then be a saint only.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

I tried to vote but problems from where I am. I chose both.
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        I am a saint because my sins have been forgiven and God looks at me as if I were without sin. As long as I am in my present body I still have my old sin nature and am capable of sinning, so I am still a sinner. When I leave this body by death or my body is transformed by the rapture I will no long have the sin nature and I will then be a saint only.
        This is an informative post. The clarification of "sinner" as a verb, and "sinner" as a noun, is crucial to our understanding. I sin, yet I am not a sinner by standing. My standing is saved, secure, forever. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. When reading scripture such as 1 John 1:8 one must look to the Holy Spirit for the only applicable interpretation and application.
        Comment>

I'm a sinner , saved by grace. God sees me through the blood of Jesus Christ -- just as though I'd never sinned. Eventually I'll have a glorified body.
          Comment>
          Working...
          X
          Articles - News - SiteMap