Enhance and deepen your study of God's Word by asking Bible questions and sharing your answers.

The Temple Veil - Matt 27.51 & Heb 10.19-20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Temple Veil - Matt 27.51 & Heb 10.19-20

When Jesus died on the cross, the temple veil was torn from top to bottom:

Mat 27:50 And Jesus cried again with a loud voice, and yielded up his spirit. 27:51 And behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake; and the rocks were rent;

And Paul explains the significance of the temple veil:

Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 10:20 by the way which he dedicated for us, a new and living way, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye that once were far off are made nigh in the blood of Christ. 2:14 For he is our peace, who made both one, and brake down the middle wall of partition, 2:15 having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; that he might create in himself of the twain one new man, so making peace;

The temple veil typified the barrier between God and man:

Heb 9:3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holy of holies; Heb 9:6 Now these things having been thus prepared, the priests go in continually into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the services; 9:7 but into the second the high priest alone, once in the year, not without blood, which he offereth for himself, and for the errors of the people:

Jesus was totally free of transgression and for that reason could not be held by the grave:

Act 2:24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pangs of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

But Jesus shared our nature to destroy the devil:

Heb 4:15 For we have not a high priest that cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one that hath been in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 2:14 Since then the children are sharers in flesh and blood, he also himself in like manner partook of the same; that through death he might bring to nought him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Hi pah, WELCOME TO CF :) All that our wonderful Lord has chosen to do for those of us who are His is simply beyond amazing!! Thank you for the reminder!

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26; Jude 24-25)

--David
    Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
    Comment>

Hi David, Glad that I found your web site. Thanks for the welcome. Hope that I posted in the right area.

PAH
      Comment>

It was the perfect place :)
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap