Enhance and deepen your study of God's Word by asking Bible questions and sharing your answers.

Jesus Disrespected Lots of People.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus Disrespected Lots of People.

As we continue here in our acquisition of Theology, that is, "the Knowledge of Theos," it will be finely relevant to review how Jesus disrespected many groups and individuals for their religious beliefs. This comes now upon the recent finding that vast numbers of Christians cannot believe that anyone would disrespect the Religious Beliefs of another person.

1.) Jesus in His Earthly Ministry fundamentally disrespected all nonJews because He "Came but to The House of Israel."

2.) Testimony worthy of being recorded as The Word of God was given that Jesus "Is not a respector of persons."

3.) Jesus trolled The Temple Pharisees as a very young man by first discussing Theology and Law with them, then later as a Theologian At Large called them "a brood of vipers, hypocrites, sons of the Devil, liars, blind guides, whitened sepulchres, and fools."

4.) Jesus based His Ministry of Disrespect upon His heritage portrayed in Luke 4:16-30 where he again trolled His own home town fellow Jews on The Sabbath in their Synagogue by first ingratiating them to Himself, then immediately accusing and judging them for acts they had not yet committed. He purposefully did so to cause them to attempt to unlawfully kill Him, opposite to His teaching that it is wrong to cause another person to morally stumble. This shows how intent Jesus was to disrespect people by breaking His own teaching.

5.) Jesus Disrespected the Religious beliefs of the Woman at The Well by showing that her beliefs were insufficient. Then, He made personal remarks about her unrelated to Theological issues.

6.) Jesus disrespected the Religious beliefs of The Greek Syrophoenician Woman groveling at His feet by calling her a "dog." She came to Him the best she knew to do, and He disrespected her merely for her ethnic heritage.

7. ) Two examples of Jesus disrespecting Apostle Peter are His calling Peter "Satan" when Peter was ready to do his best to love and protect Jesus from harm, and when Jesus did not expect the best from Peter by praying for Peter's need but rather told Peter he would miserably fail by soon denying Him. The self fulfilling prophecy then occurred.

8.) Jesus disrespected the religious beliefs of the Multitudes hearing His Sermon on the Mount by stating their prima facie pursuit of The Mosaic Law was in error, then gave them such an elevated standard of The Mosaic Law they had even less hope to ever follow it.

We can praise Our Father for His marvelously preserved printed record in Scripture of these things for our use and edification, making our Theology a Sure Footing. Amen, and Amen.

Originally posted by JaWanda View Post
    Jesus in His Earthly Ministry fundamentally disrespected all nonJews because He "Came but to The House of Israel."
    Jesus came to die to save all people, both Jews and gentiles, from their sins. It was only before his death and resurrection that he limited his ministry to Jews.

Testimony worthy of being recorded as The Word of God was given that Jesus "Is not a respector of persons."
    This is a different meaning of the word "respect". It means Jesus doesn't consider some classes of people better than others and actually contradicts some of the statements you have made.

Jesus Disrespected the Religious beliefs of the Woman at The Well by showing that her beliefs were insufficient. Then, He made personal remarks about her unrelated to Theological issues.
    He didn't disrespectl her beliefs; he pointed out what was wrong with them so he could correct them. Everything he said to her was intended to make her realize her need of a savior and to show her that he was the savior she needed.

Jesus disrespected the Religious beliefs of The Greek Syrophoenician Woman groveling at His feet by calling her a "dog." She came to Him the best she knew to do, and He disrespected her merely for her ethnic heritage.
    He wasn't showing disrespect; he was testing her faith and she passed the test.

Two examples of Jesus disrespecting Apostle Peter are His calling Peter "Satan" when Peter was ready to do his best to love and protect Jesus from harm, and when Jesus did not expect the best from Peter by praying for Peter's need but rather told Peter he would miserably fail by soon denying Him. The self fulfilling prophecy then occurred.
    He called Peter Satan because he was acting in accord with his fleshly nature rather than being motivated by the Holy Spirit. He prayed for Peter and foretold his failure because he knew Peter's weakness; he showed his respect for Peter by restoring him to fellowship and making him the leader of the apostles.

Jesus disrespected the religious beliefs of the Multitudes hearing His Sermon on the Mount by stating their prima facie pursuit of The Mosaic Law was in error, then gave them such an elevated standard of The Mosaic Law they had even less hope to ever follow it.
    He didn't disrespect their beliefs but showed them how they fell short of the truth.

We can praise Our Father for His marvelously preserved printed record in Scripture of these things for our use and edification, making our Theology a Sure Footing. Amen, and Amen.
    Amen! God has given us a perfect Scripture to guide and teach us; however some of the statements you made make me wonder just how well you understand it.
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

As we continue here in our acquisition of Theology, that is, "the Knowledge of Theos," it will be finely relevant to review how Jesus disrespected many groups and individuals for their religious beliefs. This comes now upon the recent finding that vast numbers of Christians cannot believe that anyone would disrespect the Religious Beliefs of another person.

1.) Jesus in His Earthly Ministry fundamentally disrespected all nonJews because He "Came but to The House of Israel."

2.) Testimony worthy of being recorded as The Word of God was given that Jesus "Is not a respector of persons."

3.) Jesus trolled The Temple Pharisees as a very young man by first discussing Theology and Law with them, then later as a Theologian At Large called them "a brood of vipers, hypocrites, sons of the Devil, liars, blind guides, whitened sepulchres, and fools."

4.) Jesus based His Ministry of Disrespect upon His heritage portrayed in Luke 4:16-30 where he again trolled His own home town fellow Jews on The Sabbath in their Synagogue by first ingratiating them to Himself, then immediately accusing and judging them for acts they had not yet committed. He purposefully did so to cause them to attempt to unlawfully kill Him, opposite to His teaching that it is wrong to cause another person to morally stumble. This shows how intent Jesus was to disrespect people by breaking His own teaching.

5.) Jesus Disrespected the Religious beliefs of the Woman at The Well by showing that her beliefs were insufficient. Then, He made personal remarks about her unrelated to Theological issues.

6.) Jesus disrespected the Religious beliefs of The Greek Syrophoenician Woman groveling at His feet by calling her a "dog." She came to Him the best she knew to do, and He disrespected her merely for her ethnic heritage.

7. ) Two examples of Jesus disrespecting Apostle Peter are His calling Peter "Satan" when Peter was ready to do his best to love and protect Jesus from harm, and when Jesus did not expect the best from Peter by praying for Peter's need but rather told Peter he would miserably fail by soon denying Him. The self fulfilling prophecy then occurred.

8.) Jesus disrespected the religious beliefs of the Multitudes hearing His Sermon on the Mount by stating their prima facie pursuit of The Mosaic Law was in error, then gave them such an elevated standard of The Mosaic Law they had even less hope to ever follow it.

Is there a reason why you're posting in the Reformed section of this forum?
      Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
        Jesus came to die to save all people, both Jews and gentiles, from their sins. It was only before his death and resurrection that he limited his ministry to Jews.

This is a different meaning of the word "respect". It means Jesus doesn't consider some classes of people better than others and actually contradicts some of the statements you have made.

He didn't disrespectl her beliefs; he pointed out what was wrong with them so he could correct them. Everything he said to her was intended to make her realize her need of a savior and to show her that he was the savior she needed.

He wasn't showing disrespect; he was testing her faith and she passed the test.

He called Peter Satan because he was acting in accord with his fleshly nature rather than being motivated by the Holy Spirit. He prayed for Peter and foretold his failure because he knew Peter's weakness; he showed his respect for Peter by restoring him to fellowship and making him the leader of the apostles.

He didn't disrespect their beliefs but showed them how they fell short of the truth.

Amen! God has given us a perfect Scripture to guide and teach us; however some of the statements you made make me wonder just how well you understand it.
        Thank you for coming to me with your best ideas. And, I am not at all surprised or in wonderment to see them from someone as yourself in here.

Jesus came with the combined purposes of both disrespecting and supposedly saving all Men. Jesus had no time to waste upon those not culturally prepared for thousands of years for Him, and for those such as His Mother who refused to get with The Program.

Jesus did indeed consider The Jews a better class of people. Try to remember the basic working definitions of standard English words. Jesus did not split grammatical hair sized issues of word definition, as many busy talkers do.

Jesus did not respect, encourage, affirm, or compliment any of the religious beliefs of The Fornication Woman At The Well. He only issued to her directives and criticism. And, He did not want to convey the Gospel of Salvation to her.

Jesus did not say He was "testing the faith" of The Greek Syrophoenician Woman. Such a notion comes from a feminine habit of reading in between the lines to supposedly "Just See How Things Seem To Be! Tsk! Women Can Do That!" Real Christians do not add their imaginative suppositions to the Word of God regardless of how many preachers tell them to.

Jesus knew full well Peter within his commissioned role as Head Apostle would fail again as Apostle James later displaced him as the leader of The Jerusalem Church. Jesus was warning all people who are like Peter in their hearts to not be Apostles or Pastors.

Please tell me, do the words from other people "make you" think a certain way ... ? Pity. Jesus never taught His Followers to be so easily swayed by the words of others.
        Comment>

I
          Originally posted by William View Post

Is there a reason why you're posting in the Reformed section of this forum?
          Indeed there are the Finest of Reasons.

Reformed Theology Adherents have the most excellent skills of discernment upon The Work and Ministry of Christ. If there are not the most useful and Godly axiomatic treatments provided herein by Reformed Theology folks in response to all issues, then there exists no useable discussion or determinations in any other place.

I pray all Reformed Theology Followers in here will attain the fullest commensurate measure of their every expressed word and promotion.
          Comment>

Indeed there is the Finest of Reasons.

Reformed Theology Adherents have the most excellent skills of discernment upon The Work and Ministry of Christ. If there are not the finest axiomatic treatments provided herein by Reformed Theology folks in response to all issues, then there exists no useable discussion or determinations in any other place.

I pray all Reformed Theology Followers in here will attain the full measure of their every expressed word and promotion.
            Thread has been moved to Bible Study. I find nothing from your post to do with Reformation Theology. Don't let that discourage you though. In your initial post you shared with us your definition of Theology. May I also suggest that "Religion is chiefly the study of a certain kind of human behavior, be it under the rubric of anthropology, sociology, or psychology. The study of Theology, on the other hand, is the study of God. Religion is anthropocentric; theology is theocentric. The difference between religion and theology is ultimately the difference between God and man - hardly a small difference." - R C Sproul

Again, it is a difference of subject matter. The subject of Theology proper is God; the subject matter of Religion is man.

I'd also like to offer my observation about this board. Generally, depending on whose active on the board, the forum seemingly shifts from Theology to Religion and back at times. Especially when speaking of politics, that topic brings about many people appearing more Religious in nature than Theological.

God bless,
            William
            Comment>

1.) Jesus in His Earthly Ministry fundamentally disrespected all non-Jews because He "Came but to The House of Israel."
              Hi JaWanda, here are a few interesting quotes for you to consider:

19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the [Greek/Gentile] nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" ~Matthew 28

15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." ~Mark 16

14 “I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me,
              15 even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
              16 I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd." ~John 10

8 "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” ~Acts 1

15 "The Lord said to him, “Go, for he [Paul] is a chosen instrument of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel" ~Acts 9
              Finally, in Matthew 15/Mark 7, where the Lord told us He was sent to, "the lost sheep of the house of Israel alone", we know that He was 'already' in the land of the Gentiles/"dogs" (Tyre and Sidon) when He said that, and that He chose to feed the hungry, heal the sick, the blind, and the demon possessed while He was there, and to minister to all their spiritual needs as well (which included the daughter of the Canaanite woman .. the one He referred to as a "dog" .. Mark 7:24).

Perhaps it would be worth your time to take a second look at those two passages and try to figure out what was 'actually' going on (IOW, why the Lord said the things He did ;)) because, clearly, He chose to minister to the "Nations" (and the "dogs" who made them up) while He was living among us, even though He said that He would not!!

*(Not to mention that His final words to us, both before ..Matthew 28:19-20/Acts 1:8 .. and after .. Acts 15:9/Acts 10:15, 34-35 .. His Ascension, focused both His Apostles' and His Disciples' ministries toward BOTH the Jew AND the Gentile .. Romans 1:16 .. which remains true for us today :)).

Yours in Christ,
              David

Last edited by David Lee; 08-11-2016, 10:34 PM.
              Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
              Comment>

Originally posted by St_Worm2 View Post

Hi JaWanda, here are a few interesting quotes for you to consider:

Finally, in Matthew 15/Mark 7, where the Lord told us He was sent to, "the lost sheep of the house of Israel alone", we know that He was 'already' in the land of the Gentiles/"dogs" (Tyre and Sidon) when He said that, and that He chose to feed the hungry, heal the sick, the blind, and the demon possessed while He was there, and to minister to all their spiritual needs as well (which included the daughter of the Canaanite woman .. the one He referred to as a "dog" .. Mark 7:24).

Perhaps it would be worth your time to take a second look at those two passages and try to figure out what was 'actually' going on (IOW, why the Lord said the things He did ;)) because, clearly, He chose to minister to the "Nations" (and the "dogs" who made them up) while He was living among us, even though He said that He would not!!

*(Not to mention that His final words to us, both before ..Matthew 28:19-20/Acts 1:8 .. and after .. Acts 15:9/Acts 10:15, 34-35 .. His Ascension, focused both His Apostles' and His Disciples' ministries toward BOTH the Jew AND the Gentile .. Romans 1:16 .. which remains true for us today :)).

Yours in Christ,
                David

I would remind you this thread is not about the statements of Paul, Luke, and First Century Tradition. Rather it is confined to the very words and actions of Christ apart from minioned rubric and traditionally misguided suppositions which endeavor to mix Nonapostolic writings with the facts of Christ.

Please tell us, do you value Christ's prima facie axiomatic statements over the mere talk of other men? If you have any answer beyond a simple "Yes," then please put your words in another place.
                Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Thread has been moved to Bible Study. I find nothing from your post to do with Reformation Theology. Don't let that discourage you though. In your initial post you shared with us your definition of Theology. May I also suggest that "Religion is chiefly the study of a certain kind of human behavior, be it under the rubric of anthropology, sociology, or psychology. The study of Theology, on the other hand, is the study of God. Religion is anthropocentric; theology is theocentric. The difference between religion and theology is ultimately the difference between God and man - hardly a small difference." - R C Sproul

Again, it is a difference of subject matter. The subject of Theology proper is God; the subject matter of Religion is man.

I'd also like to offer my observation about this board. Generally, depending on whose active on the board, the forum seemingly shifts from Theology to Religion and back at times. Especially when speaking of politics, that topic brings about many people appearing more Religious in nature than Theological.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>

Yes, It is easy to know in this Forum the discussion of Christ's Word and Action is not part of Theology.

I anticipate for you the most extreme of Godly management upon your very specially derived ideologies. I have complete faith such will happen to you.

And, Yes, God has historically and daily continues to Bless me far above all I both imagine and what I would be confined to exist under by well intentioned talkers.

For instance, I know first hand God finds what He searches for. What has he found in yourself? Share?
                    Comment>

Yes, It is easy to know in this Forum the discussion of Christ's Word and Action is not part of Theology.

I anticipate for you the most extreme of Godly management upon your very specially derived ideologies. I have complete faith such will happen to you.

And, Yes, God has historically and daily continues to Bless me far above all I both imagine and what I would be confined to exist under by well intentioned talkers.

For instance, I know first hand God finds what He searches for. What has he found in yourself? Share?
                      Pointless rambling.

Comment>

I would remind you this thread is not about the statements of Paul, Luke, and First Century Tradition. Rather it is confined to the very words and actions of Christ apart from minioned rubric and traditionally misguided suppositions which endeavor to mix Nonapostolic writings with the facts of Christ.

Please tell us, do you value Christ's prima facie axiomatic statements over the mere talk of other men? If you have any answer beyond a simple "Yes," then please put your words in another place.
                        H JaWanda, I suppose it's fortunate then that all the verses I posited in post #7 for you to consider would have red ink on them in a red letter Bible ;) IOW, they are all the spoken words of Jesus Christ (including the quotes I gave you from the Acts of the Apostles). Not that it really matters anyway, since all of the words in the entire Bible (OT/NT), whether it's the "red letter" portions or not, ARE the "breathed words" of God .. 2 Timothy 3:16 (written down for us by human beings, of course).

Yours in Christ,
                        David

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~A. W. Pink

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
                        Comment>

Hi again JaWanda, do I value what Christ has to say more than I do, "the mere talk of other men"? Of course, He's God, our Creator and our Sustainer (i.e. - John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16-17; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8; Hebrews 11:3). But it is, "mere men", who wrote the words of the Bible down for us (save those that we find in Exodus 20 that were originally inscribed on two tablets of stone, of course ;)), INCLUDING all the words we find in red in our red letter editions of the Bible. The entire Bible is the word of God (as I just said above), not the portions printed in red alone!! IOW, NONE of it is, "the mere talk of other men"!!

In Christ,
                          David

Last edited by David Lee; 08-12-2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment>

Jesus never disrespected people- except Satan- he only disrespected deception and blind obedience to men.
                            Comment>

What I always try to remind people when they talk about Jesus is that He is and has always been and forever will be HIGHER than men.
                              For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
                              So even if you were to contest disrespect when someone is called a fool because he is a fool (by comparison) that is no disrespect, it just is stating the facts. Jesus is not an equal of men. Never was and never will be.
                              . . .all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment.
                              When it is pointed out that we are filthy, we are liars, sinners is that an insult or the truth? And as for the new commandments Jesus gave, the time had come for people to do exactly what God had always expected of them. Why is it so hard for people to love others? Isn't that what Jesus taught? Love your neighbor as yourself? Don't all celestial beings in heaven love each other? Isn't that the home we want be in? How can we fit in then if we can't love each other here on earth?
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap