Enhance and deepen your study of God's Word by asking Bible questions and sharing your answers.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God ... (Matthew 6:33)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But seek ye first the kingdom of God ... (Matthew 6:33)

Before asking this question, I will quote the verse in the incredibly unlikely chance someone doesn't know what I'm referencing:
    "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."— Matthew 6:33 (KJV) [Emphasis added]
    This is one that I've meditated upon since, well, I first became a believer. I have sought to not just know it on an intellectual level, but down into my soul, and have reflected in my everyday life. I'm reminded of something pastor from another district once said. It was something like "the gospel is simple enough for a child to grasp, but so profound the greatest thinkers have strained to understand it." This statement, promise, and guide from Christ most certainly qualifies.

I had a farm vehicle in for repair this last week, and it was finally done today. The mechanic is a friend of mine. Though he is a Mormon, and he is aware I am Mennonite, we sometimes talk of spiritual matters. Something he said today reminded me of this passage. So while I was driving that dusty old vehicle up a bumpy, rocky road this evening, again, the meditation started anew.

Anyway, I thought I would pose this question to the brothers and sisters here: how have you processed this verse? How has it moved you? How has it, within the bounds of what you are comfortable sharing, impacted your day to day life?

Thank you. :)

There are lots of things I'd be pursuing right now had but after studying the bible and reading the verse you quote I realized there are more important things in life. We can seek fame, wealth, etc but all these are worthless if you don't know God. You'll die and leave them all behind. But if you seek God then He'll bless you and even if you don't get everything most people want in this life, nothing can match your reward (even though we don't deserve any) when you are welcomed home to live with God forever.
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap