Communicable Attributes of God - I don't think reason is one of them, why does "everyone" else say it is?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communicable Attributes of God - I don't think reason is one of them, why does "everyone" else say it is?

From what I know we have an intuitive God. He knows things, he doesn't think about them. He doesn't wonder, if I do B instead of A what would happen. He just already knows.

So what purpose would reason serve our God? Unless reason is just a gift for us (maybe Angels too).

As the title says, every theologian (reformed theologian) I have come across says this is communicable. Why?

God was not "young", he did not need to reason until he started to know everything.

I am sure there is an answer, I just don't know what it is.

Oh, Grudem, Sproul, and McClarty are the only systematic theologies I am familiar with, so maybe it is just a lack of variety in my education. And RW Glenn, I have heard his systematic theology "plectures" too.

Hello Marknoo,

This is probably the standard for Systematic Theology: Louis Berkhof - Systematic Theology -Christforums

You can download the entire book for free in the above link.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap