Why don't most Christians celebrate Ascenion day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't most Christians celebrate Ascenion day?

I have Mennonite friends that do observe Ascension day with special services and a sort of celebration. I think this is a wonderful idea. What do you say?

What day of the year does it fall on?
    Comment>

Originally posted by Faber View Post
      For me, that perfectly answers the question "Why don't most Christians celebrate Ascenion day?" :)
      Comment>

Ascention day is in June, i am unsure of the day as it may vary.

Justme
        Comment>

Like Easter, I think people might celebrate it more if it was on a specific day.
          Comment>

Like Easter, I think people might celebrate it more if it was on a specific day.
            It really is I just don't know which day it is. It may well be on the same day each year, or like resurrection day as it changes year to year.

justme
            Comment>

Ascension Day is the fortieth day of Eastertide, with Easter Sunday being the first day of Eastertide. It is one of may feasts tied to the date of Easter, such as Ash Wednesday, Pentecost, Trinity Sunday and Corpus Christi.
              Comment>

Originally posted by ThyWordisTruth View Post

Ascension Day is the fortieth day of Eastertide, with Easter Sunday being the first day of Eastertide. It is one of may feasts tied to the date of Easter, such as Ash Wednesday, Pentecost, Trinity Sunday and Corpus Christi.
                Outstanding! thanks so very much!

justme
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap