Apologetics may be simply defined as the defense of the Christian faith. The word "apologetics" derives from the Greek word apologia, which was originally used as a speech of defense.

Assurance of Salvation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assurance of Salvation

Thanks.......Amen. I was hoping he would point her to 4 or 5 specific scriptures.
    Comment>

That was well done. The pain in her voice was heartbreaking. I do agree with Winkin he should have used scripture as well.
      Comment>

Very moving. I loved it. Dr. MacArthur did mention Romans 7 directly, and alluded to John 21 and other chapters and verses. Considering the nature of her questions, as well her obvious emotional state, I'm certain that someone from the congregation followed up with her before she left church to make sure any remaining questions she might have had were answered.

--David
        Simul Justus et Peccator ~Martin Luther

"We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone" ~John Calvin

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." ~C. S. Lewis

"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances" ~Elisabeth Elliot

"The law is for the self-righteous to humble their pride; the Gospel is for the lost to remove their despair. ~C. H. Spurgeon
        Comment>

Originally posted by David Lee View Post
          Very moving. I loved it. Dr. MacArthur did mention Romans 7 directly, and alluded to John 21 and other chapters and verses. Considering the nature of her questions, as well her obvious emotional state, I'm certain that someone from the congregation followed up with her before she left church to make sure any remaining questions she might have had were answered.

--David
          My thoughts: If Dr. MacArthur blasted her with the machine gun style Scripture approach she probably would have been more bewildered. If she was Scripturally informed she wouldn't be asking these questions.

God bless,
          William
          Comment>

Those is very good points.
            Comment>
            Working...
            X
            Articles - News - SiteMap