Apologetics may be simply defined as the defense of the Christian faith. The word "apologetics" derives from the Greek word apologia, which was originally used as a speech of defense.

300+ Atheist Replies; I Can't Keep Up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300+ Atheist Replies; I Can't Keep Up!

Hey friends! Yesterday morning I posted a thread in the "Atheism" sub-Reddit to have a civil discussion about faith and religion. To my pleasant surprise, as of writing this, over 300 users have taken interest in the discussion. The problem: I want to reply to each and every single one of them, but with me being in-and-out of the house until the weekend, I can't keep up with the flow of traffic. If you want to theologically challenge your faith, build your skill-set of apologetics, or just simply let them know that they're loved, that would be awesome! I feel bad that I can't even keep up on my computer, let alone on my mobile!

Here is the thread, in case you're interested: Help Me Build My Apologetics! : atheism

Originally posted by Agaperic View Post
    Hey friends! Yesterday morning I posted a thread in the "Atheism" sub-Reddit to have a civil discussion about faith and religion. To my pleasant surprise, as of writing this, over 300 users have taken interest in the discussion. The problem: I want to reply to each and every single one of them, but with me being in-and-out of the house until the weekend, I can't keep up with the flow of traffic. If you want to theologically challenge your faith, build your skill-set of apologetics, or just simply let them know that they're loved, that would be awesome! I feel bad that I can't even keep up on my computer, let alone on my mobile!

Here is the thread, in case you're interested: Help Me Build My Apologetics! : atheism
    Welcome agaperic, welcome to Christforums!

Just please do not share a link to this board there on the Atheism subreddit.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

Originally posted by William View Post

Welcome agaperic, welcome to Christforums!

Just please do not share a link to this board there on the Atheism subreddit.

God bless,
      William
      Hi William, nice to meet you! I definitely won't be leaving any trace of this website on the Atheist sub-Reddit; I don't want to bring over a bunch of trolls!
      Comment>

Originally posted by Agaperic View Post

Hi William, nice to meet you! I definitely won't be leaving any trace of this website on the Atheist sub-Reddit; I don't want to bring over a bunch of trolls!
        :) Exactly.

God bless,
        William
        Comment>

When you get 300 replies a lot of them will be using the same arguments. Instead of replying to each individual it might be easier to easier to just reply to each argument that is presented. I have debated atheists online and I have found that many of them use the same arguments.
          Clyde Herrin's Blog
          Comment>

Yep, many of them use the same arguments, none worthy of a response, none worthy of debate. Cite some scriptures and then find something else to do.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Winken View Post
              Yep, many of them use the same arguments, none worthy of a response, none worthy of debate. Cite some scriptures and then find something else to do.
              Exactly, too many in Apologetics argue in secular terms. I understand bridge building (speaking in a common language or area and then walking someone to Scripture), but faith comes through hearing the word, and not through rational discourse involving theories. I do not bother with bridge building anymore in such way, because I have never witnessed a person crossing the bridge. All these arguments deal with a person's presuppositions - the arguments never lead to actually opening the covers of the Bible.

I hope Agaperic can be the exception. :)

God bless,
              William
              Comment>

Originally posted by Winken View Post
                none worthy of a response, none worthy of debate
                We need to respond to argument that atheists present for the sake of others who may be reading the debate. It is unlikely we will convince the ones with whom we are interacting but there might be others who would be convinced the the atheist arguments if we don't refute them.
                Clyde Herrin's Blog
                Comment>

Originally posted by William

Exactly, too many in Apologetics argue in secular terms. I understand bridge building (speaking in a common language or area and then walking someone to Scripture), but faith comes through hearing the word, and not through rational discourse involving theories. I do not bother with bridge building anymore in such way, because I have never witnessed a person crossing the bridge. All these arguments deal with a person's presuppositions - the arguments never lead to actually opening the covers of the Bible.

I hope Agaperic can be the exception. :)

God bless,
                  William
                  That's what I've noticed too.

I like what one apologist said, "The best way to do apologetics in the 21st century is to share Christ's love."

The goal is to get them to Jesus, The Word, and God will continue from there.
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap