Apologetics may be simply defined as the defense of the Christian faith. The word "apologetics" derives from the Greek word apologia, which was originally used as a speech of defense.

Dan 6:21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan 6:21-22

Daniel 6:21-22 King James Version (KJV)
    21 Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
    22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.

Daniel 6:21-22
    CLV 21 Then Daniel declares to the king, "O king, live for the eons!" 22My Eloah sent His messenger, and he closed the mouths of the lions that they could not harm me; forasmuch as before Him it is found that I am purged; and indeed, also before you, O king, no harm have I done."

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

21 Daniel is giving a blessing to the king. Daniel knew the king and the kingdom would not go on forever. Daniel was not bitter against the king or angry with him which shows Daniel’s character.

22 Daniel knew it was God that protected Him. God can protect us and sometimes He probably does and we just don’t realize it but this does not mean that we will always be protected when we stand for the faith because sometimes He lets them come home to heaven.

Originally posted by clark thompson View Post
    forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
    I think this is the key to the 'why' of Daniel 6:22. God could certainly have taken Daniel home ... He had no problem calling Stephen home. However, Stephen's death revealed that the servants would be just like their Master. Jesus spoke the truth and Stephen spoke the truth. They killed Jesus for speaking a truth they rejected and they killed Stephen for continuing to speak that same truth. Jesus died blessing his murderers and Stephen died blessing his murderers.

In Daniel's case, the question was one of whether blessing or curses would come from being faithful to God. It was a test of which 'god' was stronger ... the Lord God or the golden image. Thus to let Daniel die would be to proclaim that evil schemes (Satan) has won and the worship of a golden statue is more powerful than the worship of God. It would declare to all that Daniel was a fool to place his trust in God. It was not the life of Daniel that was at stake, but the honor and glory of God before men. Everyone knew who Daniel worshiped. Everyone saw Daniel continue to worship his God in defiance of the king. Everyone wanted to know "Is God's arm short?"

Originally posted by clark thompson View Post
    Daniel knew it was God that protected Him. God can protect us and sometimes He probably does and we just don’t realize it but this does not mean that we will always be protected when we stand for the faith because sometimes He lets them come home to heaven.
    I have been studying the Heidelberg Catechism and was researching one of the proof verses when I came across an interesting commentary (sorry, I don't remember who it was by). These thoughts are inspired by that commentary.

For the unsaved, death is the enemy. We fear death because of the power that it has over us. Like condemned prisoners, we look out our cell window and see the gallows and know that one day it will be our turn to face that hangman. Once we are saved, death has no power over us. We tend to view death like a toothless lion or a shadow in the closet ... it is able to frighten us if we let it, but it has no real power to harm us. While this is true, it does not go nearly far enough! Death is a servant, a slave to the Living God, that does his bidding and works for our good. The angel of death that once waited to hang us for Adam's sin, is now the angel who visits Peter awaiting execution in prison and causes the chains to fall from his wrists and leads him through the open doors to freedom! Death is our servant compelled to work for our good. It is no longer something that we need have any fear of. Stephen had no fear when he faced death. Paul looked forward to joining his Lord and longed for death, even as he loved his Life.

The bible says that this world is not our home. It says that this body is only a tent, a temporary dwelling, for our use while we journey in this foreign land. My knees ache sometimes. My eyes don't see as well as they once did, and they never saw perfect - either focus or color. Alergies steal from me the joy of smell and replace it with seasonal headaches. This is not to make you feel sorry for me. Like my friend says "I used to complain that my shoes were too tight, until I met a man with no feet." My point is that we are trapped in these mortal bodies corrupted under Adam's curse. Death is the angel that finally frees you from the curse of mortality, to begin your life of blessed immortality. Death sounds to me a lot more like a friend than an enemy.
    Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap