Apologetics may be simply defined as the defense of the Christian faith. The word "apologetics" derives from the Greek word apologia, which was originally used as a speech of defense.

Andy Stanley and the Virgin Birth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Stanley and the Virgin Birth

"Simply stated, rejecting the virgin birth is the equivalent of calling God a liar."
    The Virgin Birth - Does It Matter? - Mary and Joseph

The above quote is by Charles Stanley.

His son, Andy Stanley, is engulfed in controversy concerning his comments about the Virgin Birth.
    “A lot of people just don’t believe it. And I understand that. Maybe the thought is, ‘Hey, maybe they had to come up with some myth about Jesus to give him street cred, you know, later on.’ Maybe that’s where that came from.

“It’s interesting, because Matthew gives us a version of the birth of Christ, Luke does, but Mark and John – they don’t even mention it. A lot has been made of that….

“You’ve heard me say some version of this a million times, so this will be old if you’ve been around for a while. But see, if somebody can predict their own death and then their own resurrection, I’m not all that concerned about how they got into the world.”
    Don’t believe in Jesus’ virgin birth? Not a problem, says Andy Stanley | Political Insider blog

Andy puts forth the worst version of "Christianity" that I can think of.

I left a very conservative local church because the pastor and elders loved his teaching, and used his books for SS study.

Comment>
    Working...
    X
    Articles - News - SiteMap