Apologetics may be simply defined as the defense of the Christian faith. The word "apologetics" derives from the Greek word apologia, which was originally used as a speech of defense.

Controversy from Exposingchristianity.com explaining about the Bible illegitmacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controversy from Exposingchristianity.com explaining about the Bible illegitmacy

I'm currently in an argument with a brother seeking deliverance until he gave me this link called see_the_truth.webs.com and said

-Deuteronomy 2:33And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people.2:34And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain.
    -Deuteronomy 7:23But the LORD thy God shall deliver them unto thee, and shall destroy them with a mighty destruction, until they be destroyed.7:24And he shall deliver their kings into thine hand, and thou shalt destroy their name from under heaven: there shall no man be able to stand before thee, until thou have destroyed them.
    -Exodus 23:18Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leavened bread; neither shall the fat of my sacrifice remain until the morning.

IT IS NO WONDER THAT THOSE WHO TIE INTO THE HUMAN HATING, MURDEROUS ENERGY OF CHRISTIANITY COMMIT THESE CRIMES.

THOU SHALT NOT KILL????
    Luke 19:27
    But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
    - Jesus of Nazareth, ordering others to commit murder.

HONOR THY FATHER AND THY MOTHER????
    Matthew 10: 34-36
    34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father and the daughter against her mother and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
    36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
    - Jesus of Nazareth

Now I know that most of it is a complete lie I'm having trouble debunking the contents as it turns many things about the bible into extreme blasphemy.
    Bless,

Originally posted by Goin4God View Post
    Now I know that most of it is a complete lie I'm having trouble debunking the contents as it turns many things about the bible into extreme blasphemy.
    Bless,

Hello Goin4God,

May I recommend not being distracted by that website? Address your brother's questions directly, and if any questions he has dealt you, should you need help, please feel free to ask.

As far as the website you presented, Proverbs 26:4 came to mind: "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself".
    Comment>

Whenever I hear someone quote the above verses I always remind them of the wars of centuries long gone. When you fought for survival. You had to totally annihilate your enemies lest they rise up against you eventually. The Israelites were at war and the only way their future was assured is if all their enemies were wiped off the map so to say. But God had other reasons for wanting to the Canaanites annihilated. Their religion was disgusting. They sacrificed their children to demons among other things. It was God's judgment against them. The same judgment that befell the Israelites when they started worshipping idols. He is a Just God. So when someone says, "oh this is wrong" remember God's said, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My Thoughts than your thoughts."
      Comment>

You'll find that 'haters'* in general tend to isolate phrases and use them out of context to insult the holy scriptures and confuse their audience into disbelieving its content. You might even see this happen in other themes outside religion, like political debates and courtrooms.
        This is a method is called 'sophism' and is an unbecoming method of persuasion no matter the subject. Sophism is the tool of someone who doesn't wish to have a normal conversation, but instead someone who wishes to 'win' the arguement at all costs. When used outside the setting of a public dispute, it is also a sign of immaturity, because honestly, normal people's conversations don't have a 'winner' or a 'loser'.
        The purpose of sophism is to make the reader/viewer/audience lose the point of the conversation and stick to semantics that have little value over the matter at hand.

When it comes to religious sophism, as soon as the challenger realises that they are out of their depth (which is often the case with challengers who only know the scriptures superficially), they might try to switch topics.

* I call them 'haters' because people who want to have a casual constructive debate don't behave so immaturely.
        Comment>

Originally posted by StarryNight View Post
          When it comes to religious sophism, as soon as the challenger realises that they are out of their depth (which is often the case with challengers who only know the scriptures superficially), they might try to switch topics.
          That is very often the case.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Goin4God View Post
            I'm currently in an argument with a brother seeking deliverance until he gave me this link called see_the_truth.webs.com and said
            THOU SHALT NOT KILL????
            Luke 19:27
            But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
            - Jesus of Nazareth, ordering others to commit murder.

Bless,
            The stupidity of such web sites boggles the mind. I find it strange that you are having trouble debunking such claims. Lets take the above example of Luke 19:11-27. This is the parable of Ten Pounds\Minas. Now as everyone knows, and if you are a Christian you ought to know this, a parable is a story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson. Therefore when someone claims Jesus of Nazareth ordered others to commit murder I have to ask how stupid is this person? Where is that in the text? The fact is Jesus did not order others to commit murder. Using a story to illustrate a point is not a command to kill any more than singing Rock-a-bye Baby is an endorsement of placing babies in cradles in tree tops.
            Comment>

If Deuteronomy makes them squeamish, they probably should avoid converting to Judaism and following a direct rule Theocracy. :)

I have to work at not laughing at people who want to attack Christianity with Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus or Deuteronomy. (I have never had anyone use Numbers).

I have a mentor who responds with "Let me tell you about my grandkids." He simply refuses to waste time on silly arguments and chooses to discuss things that really matter. Like how God has changed your life, or how his faithfulness has revealed itself across generations.

Is God real in YOUR life? Why? How? ... Talk about that.
              Deuteronomy will not change his/her life. The TRUTH about who God is and what Jesus has done will.

Good Luck.
              Comment>

Originally posted by atpollard View Post
                If Deuteronomy makes them squeamish, they probably should avoid converting to Judaism and following a direct rule Theocracy. :)
                lol I like that.
                Comment>
                Working...
                X
                Articles - News - SiteMap