X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answers in Revelation

For people here interested in historic premillennialism I highly recommend the website answersinrevelation.org. It has a lot of great resources that you should find helpful in studying this topic.
    Last edited by Brother Jason; 09-24-2017, 05:58 PM.

Are you sure you don't mean answersinrevelation.org?
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Looks like an interesting site. I will check it out.
      Comment>

From my reading this Tim Warner is just another false prophet. He predicts that the Lord will return on October 1, 2036. The only thing that sets him apart from all the other false prophets is that Warner was not stupid enough to give an early date for the Lord's return.
        Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
          Are you sure you don't mean answersinrevelation.org?
          Indeed I did.
          Comment>

Originally posted by Brother Jason View Post

Indeed I did.
            I just tried to edit it to the correct web address and I was told I don't I told have permission to edit (it actually said "view") my own post. Whatever.
            Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
              From my reading this Tim Warner is just another false prophet. He predicts that the Lord will return on October 1, 2036. The only thing that sets him apart from all the other false prophets is that Warner was not stupid enough to give an early date for the Lord's return.
              FYI, I'm not saying I'm convinced by his date-setting. Though I have yet to read his book, "The Time of the End", maybe it'll be convincing, I don't know. Have you read it? Apparently a lot of Early Church Fathers also thought the second coming would occur 6,000 years into earth's history, do you also consider them date-setting heretics, or do they get a pass because they didn't set an exact date including the date of the month? Out of curiosity, do you also consider Hal Lindsay a heretic for him predicting in "Late Great Planet Earth" that the pre-trib rapture would occur in 1988? But I can understand not liking Tim Warner, after all, he talks a lot of trash on the Early Church heretic Origen and his Gnostic teachings!
              Comment>

Originally posted by Brother Jason View Post
                I'm not saying I'm convinced by his date-setting. Though I have yet to read his book, "The Time of the End", maybe it'll be convincing, I don't know. Have you read it? Apparently a lot of Early Church Fathers also thought the second coming would occur 6,000 years into earth's history, do you also consider them date-setting heretics, or do they get a pass because they didn't set an exact date including the date of the month? Out of curiosity, do you also consider Hal Lindsay a heretic for him predicting in "Late Great Planet Earth" that the pre-trib rapture would occur in 1988? But I can understand not liking Tim Warner, after all, he talks a lot of trash on the Early Church heretic Origen and his Gnostic teachings!
                You seem to be missing the point. "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." The second Warner claimed to know the date proved beyond all doubt he is a liar.

If your comments about Origen are somehow meant to be slur against me in some way, I find such remarks asinine and a waste of time. Moreover I find no reason to believe Warner ought be trusted on any topic given the fact his claim is in direct contradiction of Jesus' declaration that only the Father know the day and hour.
                Last edited by Origen; 09-26-2017, 08:40 AM.
                Comment>

Originally posted by Origen View Post
                  You seem to be missing the point. "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." The second Warner claimed to know the date proved beyond all doubt he is a liar.

If your comments about Origen are somehow meant to be slur against me in some way, I find such remarks asinine and a wait of time. Moreover I find no reason to believe Warner ought be trusted on any topic given the fact his claim is in direct contradiction of Jesus' declaration that only the Father know the day and hour.
                  Yea, but his argument is really convincing! And he has written a book detailing why! Should I just ignore his camp, his school of thought because one by one they have lost all credibility in predicting the end times for the last 2000 years

I mean how many attempts did an Old Testament Prophet get?

Deuteronomy 18:15-22 Emphasis:
                  • 20 nBut the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or6 who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ 21 And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— 22 owhen a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; nthe prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

God bless,
                  William
                  Comment>
                  Working...
                  X
                  Articles - News - SiteMap