Discussions related to the end times and Bible prophecy.

How do you understand this verse ? Revelation 1:7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you understand this verse ? Revelation 1:7

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Tonight , my heart is very quiet then I read the Bible. When I read this verse , I don't understand it. When God descends upon a white cloud , mankind should be happy, but ,why all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him ? I don't understand this question. Who can tell me this answers? I guess there must be mystery.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Necy Kate View Post
    Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Tonight , my heart is very quiet then I read the Bible. When I read this verse , I don't understand it. When God descends upon a white cloud , mankind should be happy, but ,why all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him ? I don't understand this question. Who can tell me this answers? I guess there must be mystery.:rolleyes:
    Hello Necy,

I don't understand your question, unless you're asking why all mankind will not be happy. I think there will be remorse from the Elect that time has run out. But we have faith that all the Elect are now saved as they not only persevered to the very end but that God has preserved them to the very end. I think this will be test of faith for many people, for we shall all stand in the last judgement and witness many a people being condemned to hell. I know that whether these people are bound to hell or not, God is completely Just and all knowing therefore the perfect Judge. A reoccurring theme in Revelation is that the Saints shall praise God whether He demonstrates Justice or Mercy, and Wrath or Grace.

For those wicked people, or those delusional people which have either rejected Jesus, or believe God is only love and have made love into their god, God comes as a "man of war" decimating those that cause much suffering. Whether hell is proportional to one life of wickedness, I consider a person but a seed, and being a wicked seed given enough time will grow into ultimate evil. God shall separate the Elect like the wheat from the tares and burn the wicked tares up.

I think, for these reasons, it's no wonder why some people do not look forward to the day of His coming. As for the Elect, we look forward to His second coming and pray, "Lord, come quickly, remember your promises". In the meantime we pray like Jesus did upon the Cross, "forgive them for they know not what they do", because many people in the service of Government or Religion that pierced Him through and through shall know the great wickedness of their very actions.

God bless,
    William
    Comment>

It is the wicked who will wail at the coming of the Lord. The righteous will rejoice. And I agree with William that there will be remorse that the time has run out.
      Comment>

God is truth, and in His presence (as pervading as Revelation 1:7 describes it) would be a moment of illumination, as I understand it. Knowledge, or better yet, awareness of the truth can be painful to those who lived their lives and took major decisions based on self-delusion, as William explained. I think that seeing God's truth, also reveals the truth about ourselves, like violently waking up from a deep sleep. It's not in vain that people say that ignorance is a bliss, even more so when it that ignorance covers up all our mistakes.
        Mind you, we don't really know the true extent of our action's reprecautions, or who and how we unwittingly hurt people...we can only infer those consequences based on what information we have gathered with our senses.
        Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap