Discussions related to the end times and Bible prophecy.

Who is the Antichrist? The Answer May Surprise You!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Who is the Antichrist? The Answer May Surprise You!


    #2
    At least two early church fathers, Irenaeus and Hippolytus, identify the antichrist as coming from the tribe of Dan.
    Comment>

      #3
      Of course, John and the early fathered didn't have the benefit of knowing about Mohammad and the insanity that he taught his followers.
      Comment>

        #4
        Originally posted by atpollard View Post
        Of course, John and the early fathered didn't have the benefit of knowing about Mohammad and the insanity that he taught his followers.
        True. I think it just goes the show the difficulty in trying identifying the antichrist (i.e. Hitler, the Pope, Napoleon).
        Comment>

          #5
          Originally posted by Origen View Post
          True. I think it just goes the show the difficulty in trying identifying the antichrist (i.e. Hitler, the Pope, Napoleon).
          My personal favorite was the Russian leader with the birth mark that had to be the "mark of the beast". ;)

          Frankly, when someone shows up that most people, including many Christians, will believe is God ... I don't think there will be any doubt about his identity. No living or dead leader really stands up to that level of power. I see lots of 'anti-christs' but no real candidates for The 'Anti-Christ'.
          Comment>

            #6
            Where in Scripture do you find one person being labeled THE ANTICHRIST.

            These are the only use of the word antichrist in Scripture

            1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
            1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
            1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
            2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
            Comment>

              #7
              I wasn't familiar enough with the Koran to know that, although I'd heard there was disagreement between Islam and Judaism/Christianity over who was the child of promise in the Old Testament, Ishmael or Isaac.

              It is a very interesting video. Given that Judaism and Christianity existed in the region during the 7th century, and Islam includes elements of those faiths, I'm not surprised to see similarities, but I am surprised to see the text almost inverted between the faiths.

              (On a less serious note, if you watch Indie Christian films, he's almost always American, raised in Europe, rich, and the president of the EU...)
              Comment>

                #8
                Originally posted by ChatterBox View Post
                he's almost always American, raised in Europe, rich, and the president of the EU
                Many people think the European Union is the fulfillment of the prophesies of a restored Roman Empire. I used to think this myself but I have changed my mind. I have explained the reasons for this in a post in my blog.

                The wrong empire | clydeherrin

                I believe the antichrist will have an Arab father and a Jewish mother. Arabs consider anyone born of an Arab father to be Arab; Jews consider anyone born of a Jewish mother to be Jewish. This would mean that both the Arabs and the Jews would consider the antichrist one of their own and would be willing to follow him.
                Clyde Herrin's Blog
                Comment>

                  #9
                  The so-called antichrist is who ever believers think the biggest thread at the time happens to be. This pattern has been repeated many times over the past 2000 years.
                  Comment>

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Origen View Post
                    The so-called antichrist is who ever believers think the biggest thread at the time happens to be. This pattern has been repeated many times over the past 2000 years.
                    The Supreme Court of the United States? ;)
                    Comment>

                      #11
                      Originally posted by reba View Post
                      Where in Scripture do you find one person being labeled THE ANTICHRIST.

                      These are the only use of the word antichrist in Scripture

                      1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
                      1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
                      1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
                      2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
                      I think it is a Daniel and Revelation thing ('abomination of desolation' rings a bell).
                      [Personally, I follow Pan-Tribulation Eschatology ... I believe that it will all pan out in the end. :) ]
                      Comment>

                        #12
                        Originally posted by atpollard View Post
                        The Supreme Court of the United States? ;)
                        Sure! Add it to the list.

                        Comment>

                          #13
                          Originally posted by atpollard View Post

                          I think it is a Daniel and Revelation thing ('abomination of desolation' rings a bell).
                          [Personally, I follow Pan-Tribulation Eschatology ... I believe that it will all pan out in the end. :) ]
                          agree it it will pan out :)

                          We both know there is zero scripture claiming anyone one to be Thee Antichrist...
                          Comment>

                            #14
                            Originally posted by reba View Post
                            agree it it will pan out :)

                            We both know there is zero scripture claiming anyone one to be Thee Antichrist...
                            I believe "the" Anti-Christ and the "Man of Lawlessness" are equated in 2 Thessalonians.

                            God bless,
                            William
                            Comment>

                              #15
                              Originally posted by reba View Post
                              agree it it will pan out :)

                              We both know there is zero scripture claiming anyone one to be Thee Antichrist...
                              Agreed, you will not find THE ANTICHRIST (as in one person) specifically mentioned ... just like the word Trinity ;) ... but to give credit where credit is due, there is a 'little horn' (whatever that is) in Daniel and The Beast and The False Prophet (whatever they are) in Revelation.

                              Moving outside of Daniel and Revelation, (yay) we have "the man of lawlessness" ...

                              2 Thessalonians 2:1-12
                              1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

                              5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

                              So no smoking 'AntiChrist', but more than nothing.
                              (Thus the reason I avoid anything more that pointing out verses and multiple opinions when it comes to the End Times. I just don't know and don't want to be bothered arguing about visions.)
                              Last edited by atpollard; 03-13-2017, 09:47 AM.
                              Comment>
                              Working...
                              X
                              Articles - News - SiteMap