Discussions related to the end times and Bible prophecy.

Pool of "antichrists"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool of "antichrists"?

In reading bible prophecy, and seeing people try to guess who THE Antichrist will be, I had a thought. Curious what other people think about it. Thought it might be interesting to discuss. It's just a theory; I wonder if Satan might not HAVE to have a group of people being groomed as possible Antichrist "candidates"? Satan is not omniscient or omnipotent so let's say he has one single man in the wings, waiting, while he moves his chess pieces into place, and then OOPS that guy suddenly dies. DOH! Then what is Lucifer going to do? So it seems more likely that he would have to have a whole group of followers that he is constantly grooming to rise up and be his false christ and false prophet, no? Let me know if this is contrary to scripture. What do you think? Could this be a more specific reference than what has been previously thought, when John, Mark and Matthew reference multiple antichrists?

Originally posted by Parousia View Post
    In reading bible prophecy, and seeing people try to guess who THE Antichrist will be, I had a thought. Curious what other people think about it. Thought it might be interesting to discuss. It's just a theory; I wonder if Satan might not HAVE to have a group of people being groomed as possible Antichrist "candidates"? Satan is not omniscient or omnipotent so let's say he has one single man in the wings, waiting, while he moves his chess pieces into place, and then OOPS that guy suddenly dies. DOH! Then what is Lucifer going to do? So it seems more likely that he would have to have a whole group of followers that he is constantly grooming to rise up and be his false christ and false prophet, no? Let me know if this is contrary to scripture. What do you think?
    There are Anti-Christ(s) and also THE Anti-Christ. There should be no short supply of followers, God will make sure of that:

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

And while Satan is corporeal, he is a wonderfully made, a perfect creature in the sense that he is a master craftsman at his trade, quite capable of achieving his purpose by God's design.

God bless,
    William

Comment>

True, I guess I mean that I'm wondering if he is more specifically preparing certain elite followers to be "his man" in the end. I wouldn't want to add to the scripture or build a theology on it, but it's just an interesting possibility.
      Comment>
      Working...
      X
      Articles - News - SiteMap