Discussions related to the end times and Bible prophecy.

The ""catching up"" IS the rapture!!! The rapture is not the same event as the return of Jesus to earth.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ""catching up"" IS the rapture!!! The rapture is not the same event as the return of Jesus to earth.

The ""catching up"" IS the rapture!!! The rapture is not the same event as the return of Jesus to earth.

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be """caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 THESS.4:13-18

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.(raptured=caught up) For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” 1Corinthians 15:51-54

I agree completely! :)
    Clyde Herrin's Blog
    Comment>

Originally posted by theophilus View Post
      I agree completely! :)
      Etiam/Moi aussi.
      Comment>

I have to disagree... completely brethren.

In my many years of hearing the Pre-trib Rapture theory preached, one of the ideas preached is how our Lord Jesus comes "as a thief in the night" to rapture the Church, meaning He could come at 'any moment'. This is why some even label the Pre-trib Rapture theory the 'Any Moment' doctrine.

Per Rev.16:15, our Lord Jesus did say He comes "as a thief". But He said that within the 6th Vial timing, with His gathering the nations to battle at Armageddon next.

I'm sorry to have to reveal that the Pre-trib Rapture preachers have mis-taught what Apostle Paul was preaching in 1 Thessalonians 5.

1 Thess 5:1-4
        5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, "Peace and safety"; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
        KJV

Paul taught that it is the "day of the Lord" that will come "as a thief in the night". That day of the Lord event was first written of back in the OT prophets, and it's about the event of destruction upon God's enemies on the FINAL DAY of this world.

All the above underlined phrases each have a specific meaning per Paul.

The "times and the seasons" is about the events leading up to the end of this world and about Christ's return to gather His Church.

The day of the Lord coming as a thief in the night is an idea written first in the OT prophets where God showed how quickly that destruction on that day will come from Him.

The idea of those who will be saying, "Peace and safety" at the end of this world is about the deceived who will believe on the coming Antichrist/false Messiah, and think he is God, having come to fix all of man's problems on earth. And when that time comes when they will think world Peace and safety has finally come, that is when the destruction on the day of the Lord from God will come, thus ending this present world.

The idea Paul says that we are not in darkness as if that day would overtake us coming as a thief, means we are supposed to be AWARE of these signs Paul was speaking of from the OT prophets leading up to the last day when Jesus comes "as a thief" on the "day of the Lord", i.e., the LAST day of this world.

Thus Paul is not... speaking of our Lord Jesus coming PRIOR to the tribulation to gather us; Paul is showing there is only ONE TIME of our Lord Jesus' return, and it is "as a thief" on the "day of the Lord", the FINAL DAY of this world. That point to this order:

Zech.14 - Jesus returns in like manner that He ascended to Heaven per Acts 1, His feet touching down upon the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem on earth - on the day of the Lord to gather the Church, and then go to do battle at Jerusalem, which is the Armageddon event of Rev.16 on the final 7th Vial.

Comment>
        Working...
        X
        Articles - News - SiteMap