CF Epistle (Parody)
TO THE MOST HIGH AND MIGHTY PRINCESS, Becky, by the Grace of God, Administrator of Christforums [DOT] ORG, NET, and COM, DEFENDER OF THE FAITH, etc. The MEMBERS and STAFF of CF wish Grace, Mercy, and Peace through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.
(1) Great and manifold were the blessings, most dread Sovereign, which Almighty God, the Father of all mercies, bestowed upon us the Administrator of CF, when first he sent His Admin to rule and reign over us. For whereas it was the expectation of many TROLLS, who wished not well unto our WebSite, that upon the settling of that bright Occidental Star, of most happy memory, some thick and palpable clouds of darkness would so have overshadowed this Site, that men should have been in doubt which way they were to walk; and it should hardly be known, who was to direct the unsettled members and staff; the appearance of His Admin, as of the Sun in her strength, instantly dispelled those supposed and surmised mists, and gave unto all that were well affected exceeding cause of comfort; especially when we beheld the TOS established in Your Highness, and Your hopeful Staff, by an undoubted Title, and this also accompanied with peace and tranquility at home and abroad....
The Lord of heaven and earth bless our Administrator with many and happy days, that, as her heavenly hand hath enriched our Staff and members with many singular and extraordinary graces, so she may be the wonder of this site in this latter age for happiness and true felicity, to the honour of that great God, and the good of CF, through Jesus Christ our Lord and only Saviour.
Administrators: @Becky and her role as a volunteer:
- Answers incoming member email or messages regarding general staff or member issues, technical problems, service questions and general member concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with members and working to establish a positive rapport with every member.
- Update member profile information or assist in customer service.
- Work with the staff moderator team so that they may stay updated on any changes in site policies.
- Address member issues with moderators assist moderators with problematic members.
The members of a forum convene to discuss specific topics and it is the duty of the moderator to encourage lively debate and discussion that is enriching to all participants. The moderator also answers questions that may arise in the course of the discussion. In online forums, moderators also have a duty to update the website with all the latest developments.
- Topic Control: Every forum has topics and it is up to the moderator to ensure that the discussion stays within the topic's parameters. For example, if the topic of thread in a forum is omniscience, the discussion needs to stay within the boundaries of such an attribute and cannot extend towards your favorite Christian TV show. In the event that the thread appears to be straying, the moderator guides the discussion back to the stated topic.Therefore, moderators ought to be knowledgeable about the topics they present or allow for discussion.
- Orderly Conduct: It is the responsibility of a moderator to maintain order during discussions and to see to it that all participants behave with courtesy. Forums involve the exchange of ideas whereby participants air their views and sometimes engage in debates about the identified topics. Therefore, there is a possibility of the discussion becoming unruly particularly where the forum topic is controversial. Moderators order the forum by keeping the discussion civil and constructive. They share the rules of the forum, which may prohibit abusive language, derogatory comments and such other offensive behavior.
- Content Relevance: A moderator has authority to determine the content of a forum so that it is relevant. The duty is especially useful in online forums where the moderator can edit the content of the discussion, move contributions that are not directly related to a given topic and even delete contributions that are not relevant. The moderator also protects the integrity of the discussion by doing away with contributions that are unlawful or illegal in any way such as defamatory statements and copyright infringements. Forums gain more popularity when the content therein is consistently relevant to participants.
Webmaster: @William and description of duties:
- Build a functional CF site and oversee the maintenance and ensure interoperability.
- Test and maintain CF across multiple browsers, operating systems, and devices.
- Maintain, configure and troubleshoot the server which CF resides.
- Ensure site security.
- Optimize loading speeds and capacity of CF.
- Update website software.
- Monitor and analyze site performance (e.g traffic, conversions).